An Ex Boyfriend

An Ex Boyfriend

She laughed the last question off, her eyes turning into crescent moon shape. Seohyun clapped her hands before the screen turned into another question. The host, Saeyoung Choi smirked as he stood up, reading the next question.

"Are you single right now?" He asked, to which Heechul answered instead. "I don't think she's ever been in a relationship. She's boring."

Seohyun cut him off. "That's not true." Which earned the look from everyone in the show. "I've dated someone in the past. He's an entertainer too." 

The woman sighed, continuing her story. "We were... pretty close. Very close. I could see him everyday. I remember when I saw him for the first time." Her eyes were tired, reminiscing the past. "He was charming, he caught my eye. Eventhough I debuted earlier than him, he was older than me and it gave me a chance to call him oppa." 

Heechul looked at her, somehow he knew who her ex boyfriend was. Maybe it could be true, maybe it couldn't be. 

"I... remember when we sang together, we danced together, we took photoshoot together. And then we became close. I didn't realize that I fell for him day by day." Her eyesight went blurry. "He was such a good guy... He's kind and he brings everyone to laugh with him. I don't know but I enjoy his presence." She brushed her tears off by laughing at the last sentence.

"I was really sad when he became depressed. He became extremely sad due to everyday training and the fact that he had to stay overseas, far from his family. So I told him to choose what's important for him and leave. He did, though." She brushed her tears off. 

"So the night when we broke up, I cried myself to sleep. I'm sure he wouldn't choose this but he had his reason. I love him, I love him no matter what, so I'll be okay with whichever path he choose." Seohyun ended her story, earning the awe look from everyone. 

Saeyoung bit his lips before he decided to ask another question. "You told me he couldn't stand living away from his family. He lived in another country, yes? You could have chosen to go on a long distance relationship instead of breaking up. Why did you decide to end your relationship?"

"It's not easy." She answered. "Even the busy schedule kept us apart, I couldn't stand it when he wasn't around. I kind of missing him, really. But I don't want to be selfish, I want him to pursue his career. Without me. I didn't want to be on his way."

Saeyoung nodded. "Is he still active?" She asked back, "Active how?", he clarified, "Is he still active as a celebrity?" 

She smiled, "He's retired from Korean industry, but he's now active as an actor as well as a singer in his country. I'm proud of him." Seohyun closed her eyes, thinking of him. "I want to know how he's doing, is he doing fine? I hope he doesn't skip his meal like he does everyday, my heart hurts when I saw him skipping his breakfast because he's late for practice. Now he's got way better schedule, I hope he wouldn't take it for granted. Ah~ let's stop talking about this." She laughed, brushing her tears off in a playful manner.

---

Seohyun stepped out from the building, couldn't believe that she'd reveal so much. In fact she missed him, like a lot. She lifted her eyes to meet the beautiful sky.

"Luhan... I missed you." She closed her eyes, a single tear rolled on her cheeks. 

The End