Chicken & Beer

Chicken & Beer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 


Please be okay.

 

 

Minho scurries through his closet. No time for what shirt pairs well with what pants, no time to think of whether to put on a pair of sandals or sneakers, no time to choose from caps or sunglasses, no time to nurse over his throbbing headache. He just grabs an old hoody and a mask, put them on with no grace, and then stomps over to their dorm’s door, not answering any of the other members’ questions.

 

He’s on his way to the train station, large strides of hesitation and worry heavy in his feet. He pats around his pockets and realizes he doesn’t have his phone with him. He must’ve left it at home in his hurry. At least he didn’t forget his wallet and he didn’t have time to think more of it anyway when he wedges himself in one of the trains.

 


He and Taehyun had broken it off for almost a year now. But both of them still find it hard to let go of what once was, so they kept on treading through their nameless and vague relationship. In Minho’s opinion, their relationship is the same roller-coaster of on and off, hot and cold, make up and break up. They were last together the month prior, talked about how both of them wanted to try it again just one last time (like all the times they did before), both of them promising more patience, more understanding, more sensitivity. Because even if there’s a million reasons to just drop the whole thing, they still have that one reason to keep their hold on it –

 

Love.

 

Minho remembers the way Taehyun cried and poured his heart out through his live feed. Taehyun is never someone who liked showing his weak side but somehow, the loneliness took over and made him feel no one is there for him.

 

Not even Minho.

 

They hadn’t talked for a while because of their busy schedules, but earlier that day, Minho learned of the dating rumors recurring again and he was suddenly blinded by unreasonable jealousy. He and Taehyun had been seeing each other for some times in the past weeks, slowly piecing back the fragments of their relationship (Minho doesn’t know what to call it since none of them actually said they want to go back to what they were before, they only knew that they still aren’t over each other. He talked about this with Seungyoon and realized that technically, Taehyun is his ex.) They were doing well with it – successfully hiding from prying eyes and nosy noses, even their close friends are somehow oblivious to the fact that they are still somehow, together. Even if their meetings were mostly through cameras and video messages and sneaky calls, Minho was genuinely happy.

 

 


“It’s just… I don’t know – unfair? We’re never allowed to meet and yet… you can just walk to her movie set and be all friendly with her.”

 

“I was with the others. I didn’t go there alone. She’s just a close friend, you know that.”

 

“And I am just the jealous ex.”

 

“Hyung –”

 

“I know. I just – I’m sorry, okay? I don’t feel comfortable with this at all. I’ve been trying my best to not go and see you but you go around meeting everyone you want to – except me.”

 

A sigh, “You know our situation is as complicated as it can be. You know the reason why I just can’t go to you.”

 

An exasperated exhale, “Yeah I know. But I wish you’re as brave to try and see me like you are with leaving the group.”

 

 

Minho knows what he said was uncalled for. Taehyun leaving wasn’t easy for any of them, and yet he spit those words like Taehyun didn’t bother about the pain he’d caused. But at that t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter