Reader x Jungkook (BTS)

Kpop one-shots

Staring outside the window, I began warming my frozen fingers as I wrapped my hands around the delicate white mug. Initially flinching at the sudden burn from the hot mug, I began to feel myself relax as I breathed in the warmth and the beautiful aroma of ground coffee.

After taking another large gulp of my chai latte, I opened my laptop with a sense of determination.

“_______. You’ve only got four more hours till your driver’s test and this time, you don’t want to fail,” I muttered to myself, my eyes roaming through the piles of paper that I was somehow meant to memorise within a couple of hours.

The tranquillity of the café and sweet voice of Junggigo lulled me into a state of procrastination where I found myself giving into the tiredness. Soon enough, my face was pressed hard against the table and I could only hope that I wasn’t drooling as I began to sleep.

It was probably the best sleep I had had in days since my recent experiences with insomnia.

That’s why when I felt a small nudge against my shoulder, I pushed the hand away, muttering a quiet “piss off” as I tried to convince my brain to let me sleep again.

I felt another nudge. A slightly harder one this time and I sat up abruptly, wiping the line of drool that I could unfortunately feel on the side of my face.

“What do you want,” I whispered in a croaky voice as I rubbed my eyes, trying to adjust to the light.

Hearing a small snigger, I looked up and found myself facing a guy, probably around eighteen. He was one of the workers and yet, I could swear on my dead goldfish’s grave that he looked oddly familiar…too familiar.

The guy continued to smirk at me, his arms crossed against his chest, and I blushed at the sight of his muscles bulging against the sleeves of his white blouse.

I was a er for biceps.

I thought deeply for a minute as I peered into the worker’s face. And then it clicked. It was Jungkook, the member of BTS.

Why such a famous person was working in a café, I had no idea and to be honest, I couldn’t care less.

“I just wanted to tell you that its closing time ________.” And can I just mention that all you’ve bought is a single mug of chai latte? You’ve stayed here for more than four hours and that single drink is all you bought. You should be thankful we didn’t kick you out.”

My eyes widened at his rude comment and I opened my mouth to give him a smart retort but stopped myself instinctively.

The boy knew my f**king name.

“How the hell do you know my name you stranger!” I asked him demandingly but stopped myself. “You know what, never mind. I’m leaving don’t worry.”

I began packing, swearing under my breath as I realised that I hadn’t studied a single word for my driver’s test.

“Wait!” Jungkook yelled quickly, his face turning a bright shade of red as he realised he had grasped onto my wrist.

Scratching his head, he took off his apron. “It’s me Jungkook. Don’t you remember me ____?”

There he went again saying my name.

I shook my head in denial, though his face was seeming to get familiar. “I’m sorry but I don’t know you. Maybe you’re getting confused with someone else.”

I stared at Jungkook who looked at me earnestly. “No, I know my best friend when I see her. Five years ago remember?”

Of course I f**king remembered. Five years ago, when the boy I had loved left me with no friends without a trace.

“You left with no phone call…no message. You didn’t even say goodbye.” I eyed him angrily.

“I told you I’d debut and find you no matter what.”

I laughed gingerly. Without a phone number or anything to let him know where I was? My bloody best friend was a liar…he had always been one.

And yet, there hadn’t been a single day when I wondered where he had gone. When I wondered whether he really was going to find me.

Maybe…just maybe, he was thinking of me as well.

I shook away my thoughts. “It’s too late now. I really need to get going.” I rushed and grabbing my bag, I stepped away from the boy I had finally met in five years.

“You’re not running away this time. I’m not losing you again,” Jungkook muttered and I felt his hand wrap against my wrist. He pulled me into his arms, my face pressing gently against his chest.

I knew I shouldn’t have done it but unable to resist myself, I took a sniff and found myself drowning in the scent of his cologne.

I was a er for two things. Biceps and male cologne.
“I couldn’t forget you even if I wanted to ___________. Don’t lie…you were never good at lying. You may think its coincidence that I work here and you just happened to come to the cafe but I think its fate.” Jungkook whispered in my ear as he hugged me tighter.

I was this close in giving into his cheesy line. “You were my best friend…you left me…” I began as I looked up.

Jungkook pushed my head back against his chest. “And there hasn’t been a day where I could forgive myself for losing you. Just don’t go away this time.”

I felt myself almost vomit at his pickup line but grinned despite all of it. Two cheesy lines was all it had taken for me to forgive someone I thought I would never forgive. But he had been my best friend.

“I’m glad we’ve met best friend,” I said as he released me. “The last few years of school was living hell so prepare to meet the consequences for leaving me.”

A small frown appeared on his face at my words. “D…d…did I say something wrong?” I stuttered.

Jungkook nodded sternly. “I never thought of you as just my best friend,”

I gulped.

Then he grabbed my face and leant in for a kiss. A short one but a kiss all the same. One that melted my heart and made my legs wobble in shock.

“You were, and still are, my first love”