One

Sarabande
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Music, memories and love

 

As the world keeps spinning and never stops, in this life, naturally peoples will come and go. He believes that nothing will stay forever except three things. Music, memories and love – this three things are the main sources that inspires his music – every note to every chord, harmony, melody and even the rhythm that he wrote.

Piano was Kwon Jiyong’s very first love. Since his parents was a very popular piano prodigy, naturally music has become a part of him. When Jiyong was still a little toddles, he would sat on Kwon Son Tae Young’s lap and watched them playing the piano duo. But unlike his parents who are the prodigy, Jiyong was born with 100% pure talents – the talents that comes from dead practices.

Piano was Kwon Jiyong’s very first love. Since his parents, Kwon Sang woo and Kwon Son Tae Young was a very popular piano prodigy who has written a thousand of pieces, so naturally music has become a part of him. When Jiyong was still a little toddles, he would sit on his parents lap and watched them playing the piano duo. But unlike his parents who are the prodigy, Jiyong was born with 100% pure talents – the talents that comes from dead practices.

There are three pianos at Jiyong’s household. A brown wooden baby grand, white Belarus upright piano and black Boston grand piano and he would play the pianos every day and each time until his fingers swollen and his legs cramped, yet he care less because that was his passion

As Jiyong grown up, his parents’ were such a busy person, both would travels around the globe in their concert tour and rarely at home, leaving behind Jiyong alone in the mansion with the maids and pianos.

He still remembered when his parents was invited to join the International Concerto Tour No 1 in Europe. It was winter that time when he was 12 – the age stage of growing where a young Jiyong just wanted his parents to be by his side with a warm embrace and watch him grown but, perhaps for Son Tae Young and Kwon Sang Hyun, they careers must be more important – that what Jiyong’s would thinking as soon his parents step out from the mansion with the big luggages.

He stood blankly on the door step, watching the black Audi getting far from the gate and eventually disappear. It was cold, around him was spacious cold. Why? It’s because of the cold night winter? Or maybe it was Jiyong’s heart which has turned cold but Jiyong too was not sure why the mansion was no longer warm as it used to be.

In that night he was alone, Jiyong’s come in with his first ever composition which he had written in just overnight.

A sad composition the lonely tune of his little heart.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

“CONGRATULATION!!”

Jiyong breathed an immense sigh of relief, which was quickly followed by a feeling of excitement and joy as his peers congratulated him from being chosen. All around him he heard his fellow orchestra members congratulating him and patting him on the back.

“Kwon Jiyong is chosen to be perform in the Wigmore Hall in London for the Music Portraits Concerto.”

As a musician, performing in the Wigmore Hall is always be Jiyong’s dream when he was a child and even now. Thus, now being invited to stand and perform in the same stage where all the high class standard musician was, he could never be proud enough.

“Congratulation mate, you deserves this.” TOP and Young bae gave him a big hugs. Patting him at the back while Youngbae punch lightly his shoulder.

Even though he is the son of the popular piano prodigy, Jiyong just don’t have much friend since he is a quiet, private and serious person – not that he is really quiet and private, but he just build a wall to protect himself so people won’t take his friendship for granted but for the latter, is matter of fact, he is quite serious person even to his family.

The memory still fresh inside his mind, on how Jiyong joined the orchestra, he was 15 and he was totally a lone wolf inside the new group, the  symphony orchestra is a newly set up by the Lim Jun Oh, a talented conductor from Korea who has done more than 700 concerts around the world, oh and also who happen to be his father’s best friend too.

When Jiyong joined the orchestra, he was 15 and received much displeased by the member mate since they thought that he only there because of his fathers’ connection. But after the “Ranked Chair”, was announced by the conductor, Jiyong’s was force to perform in front of all the members he did with open heart and what a talented young man to be able to compose a powerful piece on the spot that able to show his skill and dedication, his passion, his heart.

Yes, Kwon Jiyong might be the son of the popular prodigy pianist and he was able to join this orchestra because of his father suggestion and connection with the founder. But there’s no doubt of Kwon Jiyong’s skill and he was here because of the talent.

As the black and white key speaking Jiyong’s thought. Too powerful that his team mate couldn’t even talk or move, all of them are too amazed. With that, Jiyong started to gain his team mate trust with his skill.

Jiyong sat the corner staring blackly at the other orchestra member but suddenly came two guy sat beside him and he recognized them as the desk Orchestra first and second chair of the strings section, principal cello Choi Seung Hyun or better to be called as Top hyung as he was a year older and principal bass Dong Young Bae,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter