i love you, you love me

Fool

NCT 127 were on a rare break.  Even though it was only two days, they got much needed rest.  Jaehyun and Mark sat on their couch and watched television quietly.  They'd always been early risers compared to the other members. 

Jaehyun sighed.  Mark glanced at him then his eyes shifted back to the cartoon.

Jaehyun huffed out an even louder sigh.  Mark ignored him.

The singer prepared another screaming sigh, but Mark cut him off with a sarcastic, "Do you need anything, hyung?"

He shifted and flopped across the younger's lap.  Jaehyun had been thinking on this for quite some time, and he finally decided to tell somebody about it.  "I..." he took a deep breath.  "I think I like Yuta."

Mark gaped down at him.  

"Yeah, I know that this is a surprise, but-"  

The rapper cut him off with a barking laugh.  "Hyung, I know.  We all know actually, except for you and Yuta.  You are the two most dense people we've ever met.  It's driving Taeyong crazy."

The room filled with silence that was only interrupted by the cartoon.  

"How should I confess?  I don't want to mess this up, Mark."  Jaehyun asked uncomfortably, fiddling with his fingers.

Mark ran his fingers through the singer's hair.  "I don't know.  Just make it special.  You have to do it today or tomorrow, or you'll have no time."  

Before he could reply, they could hear someone shuffling into the room.  Jaehyun looked over the back of the house and almost gasped when he saw Yuta.  He seemed half asleep and was drowning in an oversized sweater and boxers.  Yuta sleepily ran a hand through his tousled hair.  

"Whipped."  Mark whispered, not even looking up.  Jaehyun discreetly smacked his head and smiled at Yuta.

"Morning, Yuta."  

The Japanese member didn't even reply.  He just walked over to the couch and flopped onto Jaehyun's lap, leaning his head against his chest.  He was the worst in the mornings.  He couldn't function before two cups of coffee.  Jaehyun leaned towards the coffee table and handed Yuta his half empty mug.

Yuta mumbled a quiet "thank you" as he sipped the coffee.  Jaehyun felt his chest constrict as intense affection swept over him.

Mark was right.  Jung Jaehyun was whipped.

 


Later that day, he began to hatch a plan.  He was going to sing Yuta a song.  Jaehyun knew exactly what he was going to sing ever since his conversation with Mark:  "Fool" by Juniel and Yonghwa.

The members all sat around the living room, gratefully eating the dinner that Taeyong cooked for them.  Jaehyun slowly began to eat while the others scarfed it down.

He thought back to all the times him and Yuta dramatically sang the song to eachother, perfectly harmonizing and not missing a single note.  He wondered how long he had been in love with Yuta.  He realized with a jolt that he'd loved him ever since the Japanese man was shyly introduced to him.  He wanted to slap himself for not realizing it sooner.

He was shaken out of his thoughts when Taeyong called his name.  "Jaehyun, we're doing rock, paper, scissors to see who does the dishes."  

Jaehyun prayed that he didn't lose.  It's not that he was lazy (which he was), but he wanted to figure out when best to confess to Yuta.

He sighed loudly when he lost, but he perked up when he saw that Yuta lost with him.  It seemed the two of them were doing them together.  The rest of NCT snickered and slapped them on the backs as they vacated the room.  Yuta sighed and began gathering plates and cutlery.  

Jaehyun's heart clenched in anxiety when he realized that this would be the perfect moment.

Several minutes later they were giggling and splashing water and bubbles at eachother.  At this point, all that had been washed was a fork.  Jaehyun smiled and quietly began the song, taking Yonghwa's part.

    "You and I calling eachother friends is awkward
    It's better to use the word lovers.
"

Yuta turned to him and flashed him a warm smile as he began to dance along.

    "Oh, I will confess my heart for the first time
    I will bring the stars in the sky for you
    Whatever you want
    Oh, I can do it for you.
"

Yuta put down the plate he was scrubbing and easily joined in.

    "Oh, I love you, love you, love you
    You love me, love me, love me
"

They were holding hands and acting like children.  Jaehyun spun him around during the next line.

    "I know how you feel about me.
    Oh, I love you, love you, love
    Oh, you love me, love me, baby
."

The two giggled loudly and danced together.  They'd done this same thing tons of times over the course of training and debuting, but there was something different about this.  Heavier.  More meaningful.

    "I'm a fool
    I'm a fool who only sees you
    I love you.
"

The singing continued and their duties were forgotten.

    "I'm a fool
    I'm a fool who only sees you
    Hold my hand, hug me
    I'm a fool who only loves you.
"

Jaehyun squeezed his hands tighter and pulled Yuta close to him.  For the rest of the song, their eyes never left eachother's as they sang and pranced around the kitchen.  He mentally prepared himself for the last part.

    "You're a fool
    A fool who only sees me
    I will trust you forever
    Let's be together
    Fools who only look at each other.
"

Their harmonizations slowly faded out and they were left in silence.  Neither moved as they looked at eachother.  Before he could change his mind, Jaehyun cupped Yuta's cheeks and kissed him.  It was a quick kiss, unsure and unpracticed, but full of all the words Jaehyun was afraid to say.  Yuta kissed him back after a few seconds of shock.  In those short moments, it was only them and their love for eachother.

When they pulled apart, both of them were smiling.  

"Jung Jaehyun, does this mean I'm your fool?"  Yuta asked teasingly, breaking the silence.  

Jaehyun just dragged him in for another kiss.

 

 

The dishes never got washed.