Humor

Three Weddings and a Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life has a sense of humor.

Like all friends, it either takes one minute or one month to understand each others' brand of humor before you stop taking things too personally.

I never got to that point.

"I take it we need to go shopping."

The wonderful thing about having a best friend whose struggles seem to align with yours is that she knows who I'm dealing with as much as I do. Miyoung massaged my shoulders with a slight amount of amusement in her grin.

"Why am I dealing with this right now? Is this bad karma - was I a serial killer in my past life?" I stared into the blank space in front of me.

"Three wedding invites in two weeks. That's some luck - really, I think you've set a new record."

"Why is this happening to me."

"Look, Haewon, we're gonna go out, buy some dresses, and I'll be your plus one. What could happen? They're getting married; I doubt they'll be able to do anything once the ring is on."

"You don't know them like I do."

"No, but I know you. They might not have to do anything - you're just afraid you aren't over it, aren't you."

I froze.

Let's look at the invites sitting in front of me for a moment -

Kim Youngbin: my first college love and my first love.

Kim Seyong: the love who helped pick up the pieces.

And Shin Wonho: the love who let me go.

There are three kinds of loves you never really forget, and those covered all of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter