The Freak and the Turtle Meet

Sundaes and Black Parades

 

The tension in the air was palpable as Hyungwon and Changkyun stared each other. All noise in the room died down as all eyes turned to them, breath held in anticipation.

 

Hyungwon and Changkyun stood toe to toe with each other. The spectators surrounding them half expected the former to plow the latter over as if he were nothing. After all, Hyungwon was reasonably athletic and notoriously bad-tempered. Surely Changkyun didn't stand a chance.

 

His nose wrinkled as if he'd touched something vile. "Why don't you watch where you're going, you freak? I ought to make pay for my dry cleaning, but judging from the looks of it you wouldn't even be able to afford the dirt under my fingernails."

 

Changkyun raised an eyebrow, thoroughly unimpressed. "Maybe if you pulled your head out of your you would've seen me, . You're the one who ran into me."

 

Hyungwon's mouth popped open as the crowd let out a collective gasp. Who did this scrawny little nobody think he was? He was Chae Hyungwon! How dare this kid speak to him in such a manner?

 

Before Hyungwon could think of a witty comeback, Changkyun was laying into him once more. "And if you're so rich, you should look into maybe buying yourself a new attitude. The one you've got now is kind of . Also, I think the words you're looking for are 'I'm sorry.' It's okay though, I forgive you. I know how slow turtles like you can be."

 

Before Changkyun could continue or Hyungwon started throwing punches, Dahyun darted in between them and slapped a hand over Changkyun's mouth to silence him. "Okay! That's enough! Kyunnie, go sit with Nayeon before you get yourself murdered with a plastic spoon." Grudgingly, he followed the freshman's orders and shuffled away. She turned to face Hyungwon. "He's really sorry, deep down. Well, I mean, he probably is. It's not guaranteed. He's weird."

 

Hyungwon just scoffed and linked arms with Soyou once more. "Just make sure it doesn't happen again. If there's a next time, my father will hear about it."

 

Dahyun rolled her eyes. "Okay, Malfoy. Go back to soaking up each other's awesome and talking about how awesome you are." With that she headed back to the table she shares with Changkyun and Nayeon. "Oppa, what gives?! Do you have a death wish?! You're not supposed to anger snapping turtles!! They're mean!!"

 

Changkyun shrugged before stealing the apple slices from Nayeon's tray. "He started it."

 

Dahyun groaned. "Real mature, Kyunnie."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyungwon sank into his seat with a huff. "Seriously, the nerve of some people. Did you see the way he was acting, noona? Unbelievable." He poked at his Caesar salad with an expression of distaste. "That whole ordeal put me off my lunch."

 

"My poor dongsaeng," Soyou simpered, hugging his arm. “Maybe you should skip tonight's practice and come hang out with me instead. I could definitely make you feel better."

 

Hyungwon shook his head before he pushed away his salad. There was no mistaking her intentions, and it made him just slightly uncomfortable. "No, I need to go to practice. It would be setting a bad example for the other players if their captain doesn't show up at all." The shrill chirp of the bell echoed throughout the room, signaling the end of the lunch period. "Come on, let's go to class."