Stage 1: Falling In Lust At First Sight

13 Stages of Falling In Love

The crowds part and his gorgeous face meets your eyes. You must have him now. Dibs!


Let go of me!

Krystal struggled against the strangers tight hold on her wrist.  It was dark in the club, you could barely see a few metres in front of you. And even the dance floor she was on was packed with people.  Fake fog hovered by their ankles, strobe lights of everywhere colour flashed across the room at odd intervals and the music blasted from every speaker.  The lyrics filled their ears and the bass beat against your chest. 

Cmon beautiful! Just dance with me!

Krystal leaned back from the stench of alcohol he breathed with every word.  She yanked and pulled, anything to get away from this creep that had approached her out of nowhere as she danced in the club!  Her eyes darted around to the people around her in the hopes that someone would get the message.  With the music so loud you could barely hear yourself think and the lights so dim you could barely count your own fingers, it was a slim hope. 

I dont want to! Get away from me! she cried.  She used her free hand to hit whatever part of him she could reach, to no avail.  He was bigger, stronger and numbed by alcohol.  He pulled her flush with his muscled chest and wrapped an arm around her waist in an iron grip.

Krystal panicked.  She thrashed wildly, shouted for help, it maddened her that a random stranger dared ruin her night like this.  Tonight was supposed to be nothing more than a fun night of dancing with her group members in the latest club I N C O G N I T O.  It was a club especially catered for celebrities and public figures.  Only those who are members and guests of members could be invited in. 

The most important feature of it is that it protects the identities of those who frequent it.  There are two rules:

  1. All club attendees are to wear a mask
  2. Everyone is to have a registered Clubname that they go by when in the club

The system was complex in its own way, but still incredibly simple.  Each mask is colour coded.  Guests wear a black mask with the Clubname of the member who invited them.  Members wore Bronze, Silver or Gold masks, depending on the class of membership they paid for, this was engraved with their Clubname also.  Krystal and the girls of f(x) have been trying to figure out a way to be invited for months with no luck. Until one of Ambers friends casually mentioned that he was a Member.  Which was how the five of them ended up tagging along with Henry in black masks that said Concerto.

What had started out as a night of dancing with her members and Henry, quickly turned into a disastrous situation.  Krystal was nearly in tears as she felt the unknown man pull her closer, his body flush with hers and his hot breath upon her neck.  Her hands trembled as she kept pushing at his shoulders.

“Let me go! Let me go!”

A hand grabbed the drunk man’s wrist and yanked it off her waist.  Before Krystal could blink, her assaulter’s arm was being twisted painfully behind his back by a girl with a white mask.  She was taller than Krystal by about 3 cm, in a blood red button up shirt with rolled up sleeves and black ripped skinny jeans.

Her saviour grabbed the back of the guy’s shirt, bunched the material till he choked and then she hissed, “She said to let go! Now, get your filthy hands off her!”

His hand flew off Krystal like he had been burnt.  He tried to pull at the hem of his shirt as it slowly cut off his air supply.  The girl savagely stomped on the back of his knees, driving him to the floor.  She grabbed his face and twisted it sharply to read the words ‘Duke’ written on the side of his black mask.  She committed it to memory, then leaned in closer to his ear, “What’s your clubname?”

“B-Blaze!” he stuttered back.

By now the commotion had caught the attention of the other dancers.  They had backed away a little and formed a small circle for the three of them.  Krystal swallowed nervously as their stares burned her.  A part of her was happy to have been saved, but mostly she was too busy staring at her saviour.  Those jeans hugged her legs tightly, long black hair framed her face and the way her shirt fell about her shoulders hinted at a slim body.

“Listen, Blaze. The lady says no, you let go. That’s how the game works, okay?” she said harshly.  Krystal gulped at the intensity of those brown eyes and it wasn’t even directed at her.

Blaze for his part just nodded vigorously and whimpered every time she tightened her grip on his twisted arm.  It felt like it was about to ripped right out of his shoulder.

“Good. Now get out of my sight,” her white masked saviour released the guy.  Krystal watched with a hint of amusement as he scrambled to his feet and ran into the safety of the crowd.

With the commotion over, the crowd fell back into the rhythm of the music.  Krystal felt herself get pushed towards the white masked stranger.   The temperature rose again as the bodies around her danced.  She fell with an ‘oomph’ right into the stranger’s arms.  Krystal looked up and the girl just quirked an eyebrow and smirked.

“You alright?” her voice was husky and the sound of it right in her ear nearly made Krystal melt on the spot.

“Yeah. Thank you,” she mumbled.  Her eyes were cast shyly downwards, but a chuckle made her look up once more.

“What’s your clubname?”

Krystal blushed as she recalled the clubname Amber had given her, “Princess.”

This time the stranger laughed.  Krystal felt it more than heard it over the loud music.  It was in that moment she realised that the stranger’s hands were on her waist, while her own hands rested on her shoulders.  There was barely a centimetre between them.

“Yah! What’s so funny?” Krystal boldly hit the shaking shoulder beneath her palm.

“Hahahaha s-sorry! It’s just… Mine is Prince,” sure enough when she turned her head Krystal read the word ‘Prince’ engraved on the side of her mask.

Krystal couldn’t help but feel excited by that, if that wasn’t fate, then she didn’t know what was.

“So, Princess,” Prince smirked at her and pulled her even closer, “Think you’re fit to dance with royalty?”

Those brown eyes darkened, and they stared at her so intensely that she had repress a shudder.  But it was the challenge in them that made Krystal smirk right back, “Lead the way, Prince.”

So they danced, with nothing but the clothes on their skin between them.  It was a night of hot breaths on sweaty skin and roaming hands with unfulfilled promises.

When Krystal got home that night, she fell into bed with the smell of her Prince’s perfume on her clothes and the longing to see her again in her heart.

It was intoxicating.

 

She was intoxicating.

 

It was lust at first sight.