fin.

who's gonna be the first to say goodbye?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"donghyun, are you awake?"

the said boy hears a voice ask from the bunk below his. he sighs softly, body too tired to answer the other boy with words so he settles with a hum loud enough for the latter to hear. 

"is it okay if i come up? i'm having trouble sleeping."

donghyun smiles to himself.

"yeah."

he hears rustling from the bottom bunk before he sees a fimiliar face peek out of the side of his own bunk. donghyun smiles widely this time, shifting himself to make space for the latter. they get comfortable with donghyun using his arm as a pillow for the elder boy. youngmin breaks the silence soon after.

"listen, donghyun ah-"

donghyun sighs, knowing very well what the rapper wanted to talk about.

evaluations.

"it's okay youngmin hyung. we'll be okay."

youngmin huffs quietly, eyes running over the younger boy's tired face. he had the sudden urge to just cling onto donghyun and spill his thoughts out. donghyun feels youngmin's eyes on him but he doesn't look, choosing to run his hands through the elder's hair instead. donghyun knows youngmin's scared. he knows youngmin just wants to comfort him with reassuring words. donghyun's just as scared as he is.

they fall asleep like that, donghyun's fingers tangled in brown locks and splayed hands on his stomach.

 

 

they get up just as jonghyun shakes them awake, telling them to get ready. donghyun overhears worried murmurs here and there.

hyung, i don't think i'll make it..

i'll probably drop a few ranks today.

anything could happen later.

donghyun shakes the thought out of his head and busies himself by fixing his hair infront of the bathroom mirror. hyunbin stands beside him, sleep still evident on his face as he brushes his teeth. donghyun smiles softly before reaching over to push the younger's hair out of his eyes which results in him having to tiptoe to reach hyunbin's forehead. the purple haired boy chuckles lightly.

"good luck hyunbin ah."

the said boy grins cheekily and nods, eyes lighting up ever so slightly.

"you too hyung."

 

 

youngmin gets called for 17th place, donghyun's happy. he shoots a small smile to the elder boy and listens to his speech. (he can't help the feeling of pride swell inside of him when youngmin apologises for the rumours. donghyun knew how devastated the elder was when the rumours started circulating)

daehwi gets called for 10th place

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter