xxx

A non-titled Jongho fic

09.28 pm

 

[Minho] Did you get home safely?

 

Jonghyun’s eyes shot wide open by the loud noise his phone made, being dragged out of the movie he was watching. His eyes wandered over the text, a smile decorating his face at the caring message.

 

[Jonghyun] Yeah, got home safe. Went straight to bed and I’ve been watching a stupid movie for like… half an hour already.

 

He wasn’t sure why he told him what he was doing – Minho didn’t ask for it.

 

[Minho] Half an hour? You left not even an hour ago, I thought it’d take you way longer to get home. Was it that bad of a first date that you had to get home as soon as possible? How fast did you even drive to get home so quickly? It took you an hour to get here…

 

Minho’s concerns were no surprise as in fact it did took Jonghyun an hour to get ready to go to Minho’s place – it just took him extremely long to find the right outfit and get his hair done nicely. To drive from his own place to Minho’s only took him ten minutes.

 

They met via some dating app Jonghyun once installed in a drunken state with his friends and to his surprise, the first person he swiped into his lists of likes was his first match, first person to speak with and first person that made him laugh as much as he did. Well – as much as he did via texting. Neither of them initiated to meet up until months after their first conversation, even while they only lived ten minutes apart from each other. It somehow always felt safe for both of them to keep texting instead of meeting up, they both had a slight fear that the other person wouldn’t be quite like they were via texts. They knew it from each other and both agreed on waiting with meeting up just yet. What were they even supposed to say face to face that they couldn’t say in a simple message? It wasn’t like either of them was just trying to get into the other’s pants – heck, every once in a while they’d throw some ual texts to each other which often ended up in sharing dickpics or even videos of them themselves. Even phone was taken into consideration, but the idea soon varnished as Jonghyun was scared to death his mother would hear him talk like that as he still lived at home.

 

[Jonghyun] Actually… it was just a 10 minute drive and it just took me like an hour to get ready

 

[Minho] It took you an hour to get ready?! It looked like it only took you one second

 

[Jonghyun] Ugh, all the effort for nothing. Nah, nothing worked out so eventually I just threw my hands up in the air and said it to the mirror, washed my hair out, dried it again and didn’t do anything to it anymore

 

He didn’t get a reply back and quickly got back into the movie he was watching.

 

 

10.32 pm

 

[Minho] Still awake?

 

The phone again surprised him, turning down the volume before he read the text. He gave a nod, only to realize a second later that it couldn’t be seen. He replied with a simple yes.

 

[Minho] Wanna come back over and order food?

 

Jonghyun couldn’t even think about saying no to that – he hadn’t had dinner yet since he expected Minho to cook for him earlier, which he never did. Once home, Jonghyun wasn’t even thinking about food anymore but as the topic was suddenly brought up he figured it’d be best to eat.

 

[Jonghyun] I thought you’d never ask. I’ll be there in 15 minutes!

 

-

 

As promised, he arrived fifteen minutes later, making his way up to the right floor of the apartment building, inspecting all the doors as he didn’t remember which one belonged to Minho’s place. It took him a while to figure out one of them was slightly opened already and after he gave a slight push to the door, he recognized everything and confidently walked in then, straight to the living room where he claimed the corner spot of the couch. ‘‘Honey, I’m home!’’ he yelled, waiting for Minho to come out of whatever room he was hiding in.

 

Soon enough the taller one entered the room, his phone already against his ear. ‘‘Pizza?’’ He asked as if Jonghyun wouldn’t have a choice anyway.

 

‘‘Make it one with a lot of cheese. Oh, and a beer!’’

 

Minho cocked a brow up, shaking his head. ‘‘I’m not letting you drive home after drinking alcohol’’

 

‘‘It’s just a ten minute drive and one beer’’

 

He shook his head more firm this time. ‘‘Either you have no beer or you’re staying over for the night, I don’t promote drinking and driving.’’

 

Jonghyun only took it as an invite, grinning with a nod as he replied. ‘‘Good thing I kept my sweatpants on. Make it a sixpack then’’

 

It was a little against Minho’s expectations – they had only seen each other in person once before and that was just hours earlier. He didn’t argue back on it, if anything he only liked it to spend the night together right away and again, it wasn’t because he wanted to get into his pants so badly. In the hours before they hadn’t even shared a kiss even if they both really wanted to make a move. Something was just holding them back to do it – Jonghyun believed a kiss on the first date could either make or break it and Minho… Minho just didn’t do it. It didn’t bother either of them, even if they were only gaming the hours before, the thought of them never speaking again after that was just a weird one.

 

 

After they finished their food and the floor was decorated with multiple empty bottles of beer they decided to call it a day and head to bed. Jonghyun was surprised to see only a small queen-sized bed in the bedroom, frowning in confusion. ‘‘You sleep in that small thing?’’

 

It almost offended Minho, why would someone need a big bed if they only sleep in it by themselves? He didn’t actually expect to have someone sleep next to him any time soon. ‘‘Watch it or you can walk home’’ Jonghyun could only grin, hurrying to get his shirt off and get into the bed – the room was rather cold for Jonghyun’s taste.

After Minho got in as well there was a slight minute of awkward staring at the ceiling, they were laying on their back and the silence was just… almost unbearable. It was then that Jonghyun decided he wasn’t going to sleep yet. He to his side, leaving a respectable space between them. ‘‘Why is your bed so small?’’

 

‘‘What?’’ Minho again frowned, looking at him with confusion. ‘‘It’s not even small, what do I need a big bed for if no one but me ever sleeps in it?’’

 

‘‘It only costs more money to buy one like this and eventually buy a bigger one again for when you’re settling down with someone. And what do you mean no one but you sleeps in it, I know you’ve had people over before.’’

 

‘‘Yes, but those people slept on the couch or didn’t even sleep over and left in the middle of the night instead. I don’t casually let everyone sleep in my bed, it’s my bed and not theirs.’’

 

This time Jonghyun was the one with a frown. ‘‘So then what am I doing here?’’

 

‘‘Dancing.’’ The taller sighed deeply. ‘‘I don’t know, Jonghyun. I just don’t mind having you in my bed’’

 

His reply created a grin on the elder’s face. He loved cliche comments like that and it gave him enough courage to move closer to him and rest his head against him. It felt comfortable, as if it wasn’t anything new to him – like he had been falling asleep against Minho every single night.

 

It felt the same for Minho.

 

‘‘If this is going to work out, I’ll get a bigger bed. You’re obviously so big that being in a small bed like this is only a burden – I get you’’ Minho gave him a playful nudge, he had been making comments about his height for months already. Jonghyun didn’t appreciate them too much, but he could often laugh at them or make a comment back.

 

‘‘I’ll fit if I just-’’ He got even closer to the other, head resting on his shoulder as he looked up to him with a slight tiredness in his eyes. ‘‘-move even closer’’

 

Minho looked back at him, inspecting his face shortly before he leaned in a little and just planted a kiss on his lips, Jonghyun returning it right away just before he fell asleep.

 

He hadn’t been able to sleep so good in years.