M a j o r C l i f f H a n g e r

Inside out

 

Minsoo inhaled deeply before making his way inside the school grounds after having earned himself a lecture from the gate keeper that being late on the first school day was downright unacceptable and the only reason he allowed him in was because of his big heart .

 

" yea. big heart my  ." the lazy sleepy teen whispered to himself as he took his time walking , as though he needn't hurry , he still didn't even know what  class he was in, mind you  .

By the time he reached the front stairs leading to the building , he heard a series of shouts and groans filling the air . the sound seemed to be coming from the garden and while it's true that Minsoo would usually ignore such thing , mind his own business and just keep on making his way towards his destination , oddly enough he found himself unable to do so at the moment . 

His body moved on its own and soon enough his legs followed the source of the noise and when he finally rounded a corner , a nasty scene greeted his eyes .

A group of five or six guys , Minsoo didn't care as it made no difference to him , were all ganging up on a single gir- No wait ..she's not wearing a girl's uniform .

 

WHAT?!  

 

It took him less than a second to realize that the beauty getting beaten up before his eyes was in fact a guy . speaking of which , that seemed to be the exact reason why he was getting bullied in the first place . 

The worthless cowards kept tossing that beautiful teen a pelt of insulting remarks about how he should go kill himself and save everyone the pain of looking at his disgusting girly face .

Minsoo would beg to differ . he wouldn't mind staring at that gorgeous face all day long . The teen , who he didn't know a name for but planned to very soon , had silky soft black hair that was long  enough to cascade down his shoulders with a fringe framing his  rather feminine face , not that Minsoo would mind . though looking closely , the few cuts marrying his graceful features and blood gathering on the corner of his mouth did taint the flawless picture he would have normally painted .

 

" Hey !" His voice drew everyone's attention , including the breathtaking teen . the six guys , Minsoo was now sure , turned to glare at him , probably wondering who in his right mind would dare interrupt their bullying session. And if Minsoo had been paying attention to the androgynous teen , he would have noticed how the black haired beauty widened his eyes and gazed at him with barely concealed astonishment . 

" Leave him alone . " Our main lead spoke up in few words , too lazy to add something more threatening which ended up getting on the six guys' nerves too much that the tallest among them took a step towards Minsoo , as if daring him to say that once more .  

" And if we don't ? " He lifted one mocking eyebrow as he asked , sending the newcomer a silent challenge with his glare alone . 

Unfortunately for him , Minsoo was not affected . He would have loved to return the heated glare but ended up staring at the leader , unfazed . He was just too lazy and chill for glares , fights and all of those issues . A complete waste of time in his opinion .

 

 " Well , I guess I would have to physically do it for you . "  Eyes slanted , Minsoo retorted as though he was not at all impressed or fearful of the guy standing not less than an inch away from him , with every intention to deform his face . 

 

The victim on the ground felt his eyebrows shot up and had on a look of disbelief before attempting to muffle a giggle . boy that new guy sure had some guts .

 

the other five guys , however , were taken aback at first but then they started cursing and asking Minsoo " Who do you think you are ? "  

 

In a moment , our hero and knight in shining armor found himself getting cornered by six guys who seemed to know how and where to deliver punches . Minsoo's eyes scanned every move until he realized he couldn't possibly dodge a punch , a kick and many other attacks from six guys simultaneously so he did the only thing he knew , he crouched down at the perfect second making all of his attackers end up in a tangle of limbs . It may have looked like a cool thing to do but really , he was just being too lazy to formulate another strategy .

 

 

 


 

 

Meanwhile : 

 

Niel jovially sprinted back and forth , eyes sparkling , expression dreamy and mouth wide open as he talked faster than any one could keep up with . 

 

" My God ! Way to go , Minsoo ! Show them what you got ! Minsoo is a Hero ! A life saver ! Minsoo you saved the day !!!!! "  

 

If anyone had an urge to break joy's heart and reveal how all of his speech was pretty much the same , rephrased differently , they did nothing about it . 

 

On the other hand , Byunghun and Ricky sat on a corner , brooding and piling depression over fear . 

" He did stand up for that teen but that means those guys would want to get back at him , right ? " Ricky shoke as he said those words , instinctively hiding himself in Byunghun's jacket .

" That poor soul has been bullied for his beautiful face .. What a sad story .. And now Minsoo would get bullied too or worse , people may start spreading rumors about him being a as well and then both would end up committing suicide . " sadness took it upon himself to write the rest of the story , in his head .

Both Byunghun and Ricky seemed oblivious to the way Jonghyun looked like he had been slapped whenever they spoke up .  thus fear and sadness were truly taken aback when anger pulled them by the collar and roared at them to shut the up and stop complementing each other .

 

Niel was still in  his own world , admiring Minsoo 's actions , whil-

  " kyaaaahhhh " 

Yup ... That was disgust for you . Chanhee screeched as he made a run for it and quickly grabbed lifeboy to disinfect himself .

 

" Someone help Minsoo ! May the lord be with you , owner ! That teen as beautiful as he may seem ( no diamond shines brighter than me though ) , is still drowning in a puddle of blood , dirt and God !!!! Someone save Minsoo from those atrocious germs !! " 

 

 

 


 

 

After a while :

 

 

Minsoo and Ren , the black haired beauty , walked down the corridor side by side , chatting about everything that came to mind until they reached a certain classroom . 

As soon as they stepped a foot inside , music blasted out of nowhere and Ren found himself getting pushed around by a dangerous looking guy , only to have another help him up . Minsoo could only watch , feeling more than lost and confused , as Ren and the group of guys around him danced to the beat of the music though something  still felt off about the whole picture . was that a new way of bullying ? WAIT .. How come no one else occupied the classroom ? Where was the teacher ? Where were students ? At that point , Minsoo started suspecting he'd been wrong and messed up , confusing the address of his school for an asylum . But he was almost 100% sure he followed his mother's instructions and she never ever led him astray . Luckily before he could exhaust himself thinking of what might have gone wrong with the address , another thought popped up in his head . 

" Those guys again ? " Minsoo questioned , truly impressed -even if it didn't show on his face - , that the six guys would have the guts to show up again after such short span of time , until he realized - after a little help from Ren- that those were in fact different guys and were just four .

 

" still , they just bullied you . " Minsoo pushed , astonished at how calm Ren was acting after getting bullied two times in a row . 

" Oh ! You mean just now ? They weren't. You see , we are from the art club . we sing , dance and act . And what you witnessed just now was merely one of our rehearsals . " The black haired beauty explained nearly making Minsoo sweat drop in a comical manner . He shook his head and moved his eyes inspecting those four guys .

 

One had blonde hair styled upwards with a PINK line stretching through his scalp , just above his right eyebrow . Another had on PINK studded gloves , dair hair styled down , ruffled and messy . He looked like a troublesome one but still gave off a chivalrous aura . Though seriously what's their issue with pink stuff ? Last time Minsoo checked , that color was exclusively owned by girls . In any case , another one had brown hair styled upwards and the last one had fairly long dark hair with side swept fringe , the left side of his hair pulled backwards by what seemed like bobby pins .

Minsoo learned their names respectively , Baekho , Jr , Aaron and Minhyun . 

Before our main lead had a chance to register anything , Ren quickly left his side and approached his clique . They all took a seat , some on chairs others on desks , and looked as though they were posing for a photoshoot before their leader , JR spoke up , the others joining in , displaying perfect synchronisation .

" Yo , nu'est here . You can say we pretty much rule this school . "

 

Minsoo was tempted to scoff . Rule it , ha ? Is that way Ren gets bullied on a daily basis ? 

As if on cue , Jr frowned before gazing at Ren and finally speaking up in a strict tone .

"  I didn't say anything while we were reheasing but .. Those guys never learn  , ha ?  They keep bothering you . " 

Ren suddenly felt self conscious and tried to hide his tiny injuries but he could not fool his friends . And then he recalled something . He hadn't even introduced Minsoo as his lifesaver , figuratively , yet . 

 

" oh ! Don't you worry about it . Minsoo helped out a lot earlier . " The  androgynous teen revealed as he pointed at our main lead , making his friends throw Minsoo judging stares . However , it didn't last for a long time and soon enough Minsoo found himself letting out a sigh he didn't know he was holding . Until , he heard footsteps approaching him . 

 

 " see ya later , Min . " the blonde guy said as he walked past our main lead , patting his left shoulder in the process . 

 

Minsoo had never been quick to catch up on things . Nonetheless ,  he didn't know why he had a feeling such nickname felt too feminine for his taste .  was the guy mocking him ? 

 

" Sure , pinkhead . " originally , Minsoo was not one for provoking remarks or war of words but it seemed like he was going to need to sharpen his sarcastic skills if he wanted to survive in this bizzare , for the lack of a better word , school .  

 

At that ,  Baekho briefly lifted an eyebrow before smirking wickedly and squeezing Minsoo's shoulder in what seemed like a friendly manner but was not . 

 

Minhyun , Jr and Aaron simply blinked at the scene before  their eyes , each envisioning what wicked schemes went through their friend's head but they were not worried . Baekho would probably just end up pranking the new guy . No big deal . 

Ren , on the other hand , only pursed his lips as he once again attempted to muffle his laughter . Boy Minsoo was one interesting guy . 

 

 

 


 

 

It was half past three when Minsoo decided to explore his new school , recalling Ren's words from earlier and not realizing when he'd stopped in his tracks . It seemed that those guys didn't bother attending academic classes , they just focused on art club activities . How they got so far without their grades dropping , Minsoo had no idea . However , he guessed that maybe those guys liked to study at home or maybe they bribed the teachers or well whatever .. Maybe  that school was not as strict as it seemed .  In any case , he didn't mind such interesting turn of events .  

snapping out his thoughts , Minsoo looked around and found himself standing on a small garden that overlooked a swimming pool .  The water looked so mesmerising that he found himself inching closer to it and finally reached a point where the slightest push from behind would send him crashing down against the water's surface .  

 

 


 

 

Weary brown eyes fluttered open to a blurred sight ,  dizzy head and night time . On top of that , something else registered in his head , he was drenched and lying on a rough surface . 

W..what happened ? 

Joy coughed up water and struggled to sit up right , eyes widening when they landed on a horrifying sight   .. 

 

 

Minsoo ! 

 

 

How ? 

 

 

He wasn't supposed to be able to see Minsoo . He was a part of him and saw everything from his owner's point of view . the only time he could -rationally -see Minsoo was when the said gazed at a mirror .

 

Joy reached forward , groaning as he made an effort to crawl closer to his owner and touched him , expecting his fingers to meet cold glass surface ..So when he felt Minsoo's body , Joy freaked out and pulled away as if he had been burned and quickly roamed his eyes all over his surroundings . It didn't help when he caught all of the other emotions lying almost lifelessly on the ground . But he knew , if he managed to wake up then they would eventually , right ?

Besides .. He recognized that place , it was the school's swimming pool !

 

 What the hell happened ?  He didn't know and couldn't remember anything which irritated him beyond limits . Why was it night time already  ? Last thing he remembered was Minsoo standing by the pool and it was still on the afternoon . Niel couldn't process anything else no matter how hard he tried to. 

 

But then he recalled it all . Everything came crashing back on him with so much intensity it overwhelmed him .

 

The shove and the threat .

 

The following gasp .

 

The splash of water . 

 

The fear ..

 

The water filling his lungs .

 

 the struggle .

 

the panic surging through Minsoo's system . 

 

 

 


 

 

2622 words

Updated 17 jun 2017