More Than You Think.

More Than You Think.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

More Than You Think

 

P/S: Since this story is inspired by the song More Than You Think by Beast, you can listen to the song to get some feel while reading this ><

Here's the link!!

MORE THAN YOU THINK BY BEAST

 

Don’t leave me alone. Please say you need me. I love you.

 

Those are the words that I wished to tell the young lady in front of me. However, I didn’t want to change the beautiful smile on her face into something bitter. Although honestly, she would look beautiful in anything.

 

“Yah, do you hear me or not?” Park Shinhye waved her hand in front of my handsome face.

 

“Huh? Yea,” I cleared my throat for spacing out for a moment.

 

“So yea, I’m today is my day 1 with Jonghyun oppa now,” she told me again. Her round eyes were beaming with happiness.

 

She looked beautiful as ever.

 

“Yah yah, he was born the same year as you, plus 3 months after you. Why are you calling him oppa?” I said, pouting my lips over the unfairness. “I’m way older but you never call me oppa.”

 

Shinhye took a sip of her favourite Iced Americano that we shared together. It’s a habit, sharing our drinks together because it’s more cost-effective, plus we shared the same favourite coffee too.

 

 “I only call someone precious as my oppa, like Junhyung oppa, Jonghyun oppa,” she said with aegyo.

 

Gosh, she looked so cute with aegyo.

 

“Then I’m not precious to you?” I looked at her in disbelief.

 

“Jung Yonghwa, you are my only best friend on earth. No one in this world can take your place in my heart. That’s how much I treasure you, isn’t that enough for you?”

 

To me, you’re the only one too.

 

When my best friend since childhood told me about her dating news, I honestly didn’t know how to respond or react. It was because this would be the first time for one of us to be in a relationship. We’ve been friends for almost 20 years, it has always been only two of us, and it was a lie if I said there was never a ‘some’ between us. I liked her since high school, I’d fallen for her ever since, and she was the only one for me. However, I’m a coward. I was too scared to tell her my feelings because I might lose her and our friendship.

 

“Hurm… since Jonghyun oppa is quite the jealous type, I don’t think we can hang out together as often like before…” Shinhye said. “He is even jealous when he knew we shared drink together, so this will be our last shared-drink together okay? After this, I’ll buy my own Iced Americano. And maybe we can still meet up for chicken and beer once a month?”

 

“Jealous?” I raised my eyebrow.

 

“I know right! There’s nothing to be jealous about when you are like my other yeoja chingu. But it’s okay, Jonghyun oppa looks cute whenever he is jealous,” her lips curled into a pretty smile.

 

I sighed. “Yah, are you that happy since this is your first time dating?”

 

“This is not my first time!” she protested.

 

“Heol. Are you saying your one-side crush with our high school senior was your first relationship? He didn’t even know you exist!” I started to .

 

She pouted her pink lips. She looked like a little girl whenever she pouted.

 

 “Woo Bin oppa smiled at me every time we have gym session together, so basically he knew I exist although he may not know I was the one who gave him the white chocolate every year. But never mind that, this is not my first relationship, just for your information.”

 

“Jinjja? You dated before? Behind my back? Who is it? Tell me!” I leaned forward, our eyes met.

 

Shinhye flinched and moved back. “I’m not telling,” she teased back. “You are not telling me about your mysterious crush from high school up until now, so I’m not telling you this too.”

 

I glared at her and took the Iced Americano from her hand.

 

“Yonghwa ah, don’t you think you should just put an end to your one sided crush, move on and start having a new crush? You’ve waited for her for years, we are adults now with job. Do you want me to introduce you to my friends? They all are interested with you,” she sat straight up.

 

I moved my gaze towards the flowers outside the café.

 

“The cosmos flowers that have bloomed are colouring the sidewalks again this year. As if it cast a magic spell, it’s the season that I fell in love with her. No matter how the seasons passed, I can’t love anyone, but her.”

 

Shinhye shook her head in amusement. “She must be a really lucky girl to have you as her secret admirer for 10 years. I’m jealous.”

 

Why must you be jealous of yourselves, babo. Or maybe I’m the fool here. Because I’m losing her for real now to another man.

 

 

Just like how Shinhye was counting her 100 days together with Jonghyun, I was counting my 100 days without her too. It had been the loneliest days in my life without her. I thought it was easy, to go on with life without her, but no matter what I do, it kept overflowing, my memories with her.

 

On my way back home, I’m looking for her hands that would never be there in my way back home now. What good is there to reflect in a tomorrow without her? No matter how the seasons passed, I can’t love anyone but her.

 

“Yah, Jung Yonghwa!” a familiar voice snapped my mind back to reality. I thought the voice was just my imagination, from thinking about her too much.

 

But the beautiful lady was there. In front of my own eyes. The beautiful Shinhye.

 

“Shinhye ah, what are you doing here?”

 

“I have chicken and beer here with me. Want to watch that movie you promised to watch together with these?” she smiled, the smile that I’ve missed so much.

 

 

Shinhye poured me the soju bomb and we both took a shot. Well, it was our third bomb shot actually. But we were still sober. Sober enough to have a conversation together.

 

“Why didn’t you answer my call? Although I said we couldn’t h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter