1/1

I love you too much

Sometimes it’s the sunny days that are the worst. Everyone else is walking around as happy as can be, riding their bikes, walking their dogs, and splashing around on the beach. Meanwhile, I’m stuck here for another 3 hours asking people, “Are you ready to order?”

What can I do though, I’m a full-time student that is broke and needs some source of income. The best job I can find for now is the family restaurant across the street from my apartment. But hey, the pay isn’t too bad, plus the owner likes me and sometimes even feeds me after hours, and as a broke college student, that’s all I could ask for.

The beginning of the day wasn’t bad; a couple of people came in for breakfast and kept me on my feet. Eventually, the rush slowed down a bit and I was able to eat my lunch before the second rush. But as my work day was inching to its close, it felt like it was never going to end. As the lunch rush continued and people kept pouring in, my mind went blank and I was running on autopilot until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Hey, I’m here to take over, you can go home now”, my coworker stopped me as I was running to the kitchen to pick the ready orders from the window. “You can just seat the person waiting by the door and I’ll take it from there.” I sighed in relief and started to walk towards the door to let the last customers of my shift in.

I turned the corner to reach the waiting area as I walked into the stand that holds the menus. “How many?” I asked as I reached for the menus, trying to save from falling all over the place. I hear a chuckle coming from the man waiting by the door, “Two… if you are willing to join me?”

I smiled as I looked up to see a familiar face smiling back at me, holding out his hands to help me with the falling menus. “Ya sure, um, let me just change out of my uniform and I’ll join. Just pick any seat you like and take a menu.”

I was about to leave to change before I felt a hand grab my wrist and drag me back, “Do I not even get a kiss hello?” he asked 10 centimeters away from my face with that cheeky little grin still plastered on his face.

I quickly pecked him on the lips with the smile still lingering on my face before I whispered, “I’ll be right back.”

The sunny days that I have to work might be the worst, but they are barrable thanks to one guy. I barely get to see Youngjae anymore, between my school and work and his schedules and rehearsals. But no matter how busy he might be, he will always make time to visit the restaurant for dinner when he knows I finish late.

Leading him to the eating area, I ran to the back to get my stuff and change out of my uniform into my casual clothes. I felt kind of lazy this morning so I just threw on my closest t-shirt, some shorts, and my sweater from my university.

Shoving my work uniform into my bag I walked back into the eating area to find where Youngjae decided to settle down.

Finding him in the corner booth, I ran over to the table and sat in front of him, finally getting to get a good look at him for the first time that day.

After a few months of seeing each other, I still can’t believe his beauty inside and out. Even in the simplest clothes, he looked absolutely stunning. He just came back from rehearsals so he was dressed comfortably, wearing dark ripped jeans, a simple white t-shirt, and his favourite leather jacket, but he still looked like he could hop on to the runway and amaze everyone there.

“Hey, are you ok?” He asked, shaking me out of my daze as I realize I have been kind  staring at him ever since I’ve arrived at the table.

“What.. ya of course, sorry… so how was your rehearsal?” We quickly got lost in conversation about our days, him laughing at me dropping a plate and tripping over myself and me comforting him over his stresses about his stage

Although times with him feel eternal, there is always a point in the night where he has to go back to the studio or the practice room, and for me to go back home and hit the books.

“So when do you have to go back?” I ask trying to mask the disappointment in my voice.

“That depends, do you want me to leave?” He asks with a slight grin.

“Why would you even ask that, of course I don’t want you to leave, I would spend all night with you if I could.”

“Then why don’t we?”

I stop and stare at him after hearing his words. We haven’t gone out properly in over two months, so hearing him say that made my heart stop and race at the same time.

“You aren’t kidding right, I have you tonight? Like you don’t have to go back today?”

He chuckled at my excitement, smiling almost as widely as I am. “You have me for the rest of the night, the plans are up to you.”

I almost ran out of the restaurant then and there, but there was the bill to pay and I don’t want to lose my job, let alone go to jail.

“Ok one second let me take care of the bill and we will be out of here.”

Before I could get up and run off for the second time, he put his hand over mine to stop me from leaving, “Alright but I’m taking care of the bill.”

I smiled at him and sat back down, calling my coworker over to deal with the bill.

Once the check was dealt with we gathered our things, getting ready to leave. My coworker waved to us goodbye, but without leaving her own remarks.

“Don’t have too much fun you two, she has work tomorrow.” I lightly hit her on the arm while picking up my bag as Youngjae laughed and retorted. “No promises with this one.”

We finally left the restaurant and started walking down the darkened street that was lightly lit up by the streetlights that lined the semi-busy road.

The restaurant was in an amazing location which I was really thankful for, since it was right in between the campus and my apartment, which allowed me to get to work very easily, but also because everything was in the centre of the city, meaning everything was basically walking distance.

After walking for a bit, Youngjae took my hand in his and started the back of it with his thumb as he pulled me closer to his side. “So what are we going to do tonight?”

“Um…I don’t really know…” I thought to myself a bit as to what we can do, but a lot was closed at this hour, and I can’t spend much money with the next semester coming up meaning the next payment for my tuition was coming up as well.

“I kind of just wanted to keep walking around for a bit and then we can head back to my apartment for a movie?” I looked up at him as he looked up at the sky to look at the moon.

If I thought he looked good in the restaurant, that had nothing on how he looked under the moonlight. He looked down from the sky back at me and smiled. “Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?”

His comment kind of surprised me since it was so off topic but no matter the situation it still made my heart skip a beat and my face to heat up. I look down to avoid his gaze so he just squeezed my hand and laughed, “You are too cute for your own good, do you know that?”

“Now I do.” I mumbled as we continued to mindlessly walk around.

“Alright how about we walk around the park a block away from your apartment and then when we get tired we can just go back to your place. Sound good?”

“Yes, why do you talk to me like I’m a baby?”

“Because you are my baby.” I cringed at his words and smiled at just how greasy that was, but before I could open my mouth to say anything, he quickly said, “That was greasy I know I won’t do that again, I really need to stop spending so much time with Himchan hyung.”

I laughed as we crossed the street and walked into the park. By the time we finally made our way into the park, the night has already settled in and the moon was high above, being the only thing that was illuminating the scenery.

We slowly made our way around the park talking about anything and everything. Since the past few months have just been texts back and forth with the occasional skype call at night, we haven’t had much time to talk about much.

After a bit of walking we started to get a little tired so we settled under a tree and continued to talk the night away. I pulled out my extra sweater from my bag and put it on the ground so I could lay down and rest my head in his lap. As we continued to chat, Youngjae started to play with my hair and made me fall sleepier and sleepier. He let my eyes fall closed and the comfortable silence settle in, but after a few minutes he woke me up so we can go home.

“Hey, Y/N, let go, you’re too tired.” he gently shook me to wake up.

“No what do you mean, I’m fine.” I mumbled with my eyes still closed as I hugged his leg closer to me.

He chuckled and stood up, letting me lightly fall on to the ground and dusted his pants from the dirt.

“Hey what was that for?” I quickly stood up dusted myself off, looking at him kind of pissed off.

“Good you’re awake, let’s go.” He shoved my sweater into my bag and took it on his back before he started to walk away.

“You are so rude sometimes you know that?” I said running to catch with him.

“Yet you still love me.” He took my hand again and kissed our joined hands as we continued our stroll. We eventually slowed down, enjoying the scenery quietly before we left the park.

Close to the exit of the park, I stopped walking and just stood there, taking in the moment. The spot I stopped in was dense with trees making its darker than the rest of the park, but the moon was shining strongly through the small clearing above. There were some roses that lined the walkway and a small fountain in the middle of the path up ahead at the roundabout.

I stood there silently as Youngjae made his way to me and pulled me in for a silent hug. I put my arms around his centre as we stood there enjoying each other’s presence and the scene around us. I leaned against his chest listening to the comfort of his soft heartbeat. He rested his head against the top of mine, putting his lips against my hair and occasionally kissing the top of my head and forehead.

After a bit, he moved his head off of my head and looked down towards me. I moved my head from his chest to look at him to see if anything was wrong but instead, I was met with his loving gaze and a soft smile that was illuminated by the moon. It was an amazing view of the man I really do love.

“God you look so beautiful right now.” he said, finally breaking the silence after what felt like forever.

“Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.” I chuckled, never breaking eye contact.

We continued to look into each other’s eyes until he finally leaned in and gently placed his lips on top of mine. I immediately reacted to the kiss, slowly moving in sync with him. The moment was sweet, peaceful, and above all loving.

He slowly pulled away and put his head against mine in silence, pecking at my nose here and there.

Finally, he stood up straight, adjusting my bag on his back and asked, “Let’s go?”

I tiredly nodded and grabbed on to his arm as we finally left the park and made our way across the street and up to my apartment.

While we waited in the elevator, I leaned my head against his shoulder and he snuck in another soft kiss on my forehead before the doors opened to my floor. I opened my bag on his back to get my keys and opened the door to my shoebox of an apartment. It wasn’t much, but it was all I needed to survive the uni life.

Youngjae walked in and put my bag off to the side as he took off his shoes and walked into the kitchen to get a little snack. “You want anything?”

“You are aware this is my place right?” I called from the front door making my way to the kitchen to join him.

“Ya, but I’m your loving boyfriend who wants a snack and plus I’m here so much I basically live here.” He said holding out a banana for you as he took one for himself.

“Maybe, but not recently.” I mumbled as I walked over to the couch, taking a bite out of my banana.

Youngjae quickly made his way behind me and pulled me into his chest with his arms around me from behind. “Aww, did my girl miss me?”

I lightly hit his hands that were in front of me, still munching on my banana, “Yes I did, now can I please sit on the couch I’m tired.”

“No, you are too grouchy to sit on the couch. But I missed you too.” He kissed me on the cheek and let me go after a couple of seconds so I could finally sit on the couch.

Youngjae sat down next to me and put his arm around my shoulder bringing me closer and I rested my head on his shoulder. He reached over for the remote and the TV as we got comfortable. I pulled the blanket that was laying on the edge of the couch over us while we watched the random late night show that was playing.

“What do you want to do aft-” he was about to ask until he looked over and saw me with my eyes closed, my breathing steady, and my mouth a little open.

“You really are adorable, what am I going to do with you?”

Youngjae gently pushed the blanket off of the two of us and picked me up to bring me to my bed. He tucked me and went to change himself before he joined me.

Before going to sleep he pulled me closer and moved my hair out of my eyes. He continued to play with my hair as I naturally got comfortable in his arms.

“I love you so much”

“I love you too much” I mumbled into his arms. He lazily smiled at me and kissed my forehead one last time before he dozed off as well.