Ugly Hands

Ugly Hands

 

A/N: Second part of the "hands" series. I wanted to make it more descriptive but wasn't able to. 

Word Count: 1,028
Pairing: Junseob, 2jun if you squint.

====================

Yong Junhyung dislikes his hands.

 

 

He frowns upon them every time he feels how rough they are whenever he rubs them both together or simply grazes them unconsciously. He disapproves of his calluses between some of his fingers which have been caused by his consecutive and undeniable will to write songs over a long period of time. Lastly, he hates how ugly they look, and his cringe right now is his proof.

 

He looks at his hands, observing its every features. His hands are accessorized with several kinds of rings, each with different designs that make his hands a little more attractive. He knows he has said that he thinks having accessories in his hands is nice, but he can't help but be obsessed about it. His hands are one of the assets that he hates, and to see that his hands are improving its image a little bit sends him tingling with excitement. .He has this idea, that maybe if his hands look attractive right now with those rings, why not put more to have it more attractive? So he did, only to find himself frowning in dismay.

 

"Even if you dress a monkey with a diamond ring, it's still a monkey."

 

The old saying enters his mind, and immediately, he feels shame. The truth is that he still has ugly, rough and calloused hands, which he can't do anything to change it.

 

He tries before, his obsession to his hands brings him to buy something he never guesses it will compel for him to buy something girly, -- a hand lotion.

 

How he detests girly stuff! Especially products that are sleek and gooey that make your skin damp or moisturize. He uses that lotion for the first time of his manly life, and abhors it the very first second he rubs it on the surface of his hands. He grimaces at the feeling; it's like having mayonnaise on your hands, only this time thicker and wetter.

 

"Disgusting. Girls do this? Eew," he says with absolute hate.

 

After the horrifying deed, he wonders when it will dry. He needs to write soon, and having damp hands seem a little too troublesome. So he waits, only to know that it has been approximately ten minutes since waiting.

 

His face darkens, a bit panicking that it hasn't dried off. He flails it frantically, trying to dry it off with the air. His hands feel colder, but the wet feeling still hasn't disappeared.

 

It feels icky of course; it's like being smeared by some honey, but lesser volatility. Nonetheless, he grabs his pencil despite the feeling. He has to write, not wait for something he doesn't know when it will happen.

 

He turns his head at his notebook on the table. Gripping his pencil tightly even though the sudden premonition of Junhyung that the pencil will slip, he tries to write legibly, though fails in process. The pencil keeps on slipping between his hand and fingers, so he tries again, this time grasping the pencil more tightly. But it slips again, and it dawns him that he can't absolutely do this.

 

He can't use a pencil or pen properly because of the lotion; he can't use the lotion because it absolutely won't let him write.

And what despairs him the most is that he'll never, ever, have soft hands.

 

A guy older than him enters his room; his jawbone is a little evident, as if munching something. The guy, like Junhyung also has rough hands. He has gotten his rough hands from excessive dancing, though Junhyung doesn't see the connection. But unlike Junhyung who keeps on obsessing with his hands, Hyunseung tends to deny it or ignore that his hands are rough as his, since he also uses hand lotion. 

Noticing the lotion at Junhyung's table, he playfully insults Junhyung about it, also his obsession about his hands. Junhyung thinks it's like calling the kettle black by the pot, since Hyunseung's hands are as rough as his, which Hyunseung denies and makes Junhyung touch his hand.

 

And by Jove, Hyunseung's hands are softer, which brings Junhyung to despair even more.

He throws away the lotion, thinking how helpless it is since he has gotten the roughest hands in Beast.

But what he doesn't know is that he should be proud of his hands, for they are the living proofs of Junhyung's hard work, perseverance and determination. He has gotten those rough hands break dancing before, his calluses are proud medals of his never-ending dream to produce songs, so he writes millions of lyrics, and hopefully gets to compose his own.

 

He forgets this fact along with his depression and obsession with his hands, till someone, with the same hands as him, though less rough, holds what he deems to be ugly, rough and calloused hand.

The hand that holds him isn't as rough as his, though barely there. Though the hand has calluses like him, Junhyung still sees it beautiful. It isn't like the rough hand for soccer practices that used to hold him before. It is softer, more delicate, and Junhyung feels complied to hold it, grasp it even more. He smiles in glee when he realizes, that maybe his ugly, rough and calloused hands aren't bad after all. After all, what could be better when his hand and his lover's hand fitted perfectly together?

 

Then he remembers something from the past, one of the reasons why he has fallen to his lover.

His lover plays with his hands, as he lies on Junhyung's lap. Junhyung wonders what's the deal with his hands, when his lover starts kissing his hands. Every line he traces it with his lips, every callouses he kisses them. Junhyung blushes, waiting for his lover to say something.

 

His lover smiles at him, saying, " I like your hands, Junnie. It's full of accomplishments."

 

Junhyung wonders what it means, voicing his thoughts about it. " What do you mean, Seob?"

 

Yoseob grins at him, whispering nothing as he pulls Junhyung to a kiss, with their hands linked together perfectly.

 

If Junhyung won't like his hands, then Yoseob shall fill the void and love Junhyung's hands.