The Jewel Thief

The Jewel Thief

Baekhyun is a thief and the best at that. His specialty? Jewels. The most precious of jewels. He gets hired by all kinds of clients- well, those who can afford, that is. He doesn't come cheap. If you need his services, you need to be loaded with dough. Mafia bosses, CEOs, pimps, rich s, you name it. He is the most well known jewel thief and the most confidential. No one knows what he looks like or who he is and he likes to keep it that way. He never gets caught and never fails a single mission. That's why he is on the top of the list. 

"Got a job for you. Get me the Blue Diamond in the North Bridge Museum and you'll get paid handsomely." The man on the other line said. 
Baekhyun smirked. "You got it, Mr. Park."
"Get it before midnight." Mr. Park, CEO of Park Industries, said before hanging up. 
Looking up at the clock, 10:30 pm, he sighed. These people really have no mercy on him and his beauty sleep. He smirked, he did love a challenge. 

11:00 pm
He arrived at the museum. A secluded museum on top of a mountain. Its got all kinds of rare artifacts, not to mention expensive. He looked at the entrance and, as expected, it was heavily guarded along with the back entrance. He looked up to see a skylight at the top of the building. 
"Time for James Byund to do his work." He whispered as he sneaked into the premises.
He managed to climbed the walls and get up on the roof. He found hiself infront of a glass prism and one of its windows already opened. He furrowed his eyebrows. Something ain't right here. Either an employee forgot to close the windows or someone else beat him here. He went in the opened window and landed into a walk way before closing the window. Number one rule; never leave tracks. Going down the walk way and into the ground floor, he went to find the 'Precious stones' section of the museum. A few night guards monitored the building and he passed through them all. He went along his way in stealth, blending with shadows. 
After a few lefts and rights, he finally found the blue diamond in a glass box, what a beauty indeed, but that wasn't all he found. Beside the diamond was someone else trying to find a way to open the box. Well, I guess someone got here first. But that was his diamond and he won't leave without it. He sneaked up behind the guy and leaned in. 
"Boo"
The guy jumped, letting out a sharp gasp as he turned around. Baekhyun's breath hitched as he saw those big, owl-like eyes.
"I'm sorry but that's my diamond." He said, pointing at the diamond. 
The guy furrowed his brows. 
"I got here first." He said in a low voice. His voice, like music to Bakehyun's ears, deep like the ocean. 
11:25 pm. He's got time. 
"The who opens it first gets it." 
The guy's big eyes widened before he quickly went back to work. Baekhyun cocked his head. He encountered other thieves while he's on the job somtimes and it always ends in a fight. This guy must be new. Such a big prize for an amateur. How does he know he's a newbie? Well, first; he wasn't going for a fight and second; he's trying to open a glass box with a knife. He chuckled silenty before going to the opposite side of the box. He observed the box and the diamond. He knows he will get the diamond anyway but he'd like to mess the with the other guy a little. Taking out a piece of duct tape and  a small pen with a diamond stud on the point from his pocket, he stuck the tape and placed the tip of the pen on the glass and drew a circle. He pulled at the tape as the cut glass fell towards him. The other guy's eyes widened for the third time tonight. Baekhyun didn't get the diamond, not yet. He smirked as he gestured the guy to take the diamond. Naively, he moved to take it without hesitation. Baekhyun can't help but smile at the guy. What an idiot. A cute idiot. As soon as he took it, the pressure pad below the diamond lifted, causing the loud yell of the alarms. The guy, wide eyed, panicked as he looked around for an escape. As fast as lightning, Baekhyun took the diamond from his hands and disappeared into the night. 

12:00 pm
"I got your diamond, Mr. Park." Baekhyun called. He parked his motorcycle in one of the least used hiking trails before he took his phone to call his client.
"Good. Bring it to me." The CEO ordered as he hung up. 
Baekhyun kept his phone in his pocket before riding his motorcycle to the Park industries building. 

Wearing a mask and some shades, he went in the building. He stood infront of the receptionist. A pretty lady but not his type. 
"May I help you?" She asked nicely.
"Mr. Park is expecting me." He said.
"Name please?"
"Just tell him I'm here." 
The impatience and venom in his voice was enough to scare the lady into quickly dialing the CEO's office.
"Y-yes, Me. Park. Someone is here for you...okay, Mr. Park," She stuttered. "Mr. Park is ready to meet you." 
Without a word, he went in the elevator and pushed the button to the top floor. Reaching the office, withiut knocking he barged in. There were his men around in each corner of the room but what got his attention was a boy, around his age probably, standing beside the CEO. Wide, owl-like eyes struck him. He smirked as he looked away from the boy and back at the CEO.
"Here's your rock." He said as he threw the bag on the desk.
Mr. Park opened the bag and took out the diamond, smiling and admiring it.
"Well done, thief," He said. "Now get out."
"Yo, what about my payment?" Barkyun demanded.
Suddenly, men with rifles aimed at him. Mr. Park smirked and cocked a brow. 
"I don't pay for services from low lifes such as yourself." Mr. Park said, disgust in his voice. 
"But Father, he did what you asked." 
"Silence, boy!" He raised his voice at the boy who held his head down. 
Somehow it made Balehyun's blood boil. 
Mr. Park turned back to Bakehyun. "Leave before your filthy blood will be spilled on my million dollar carpet." 
Baekhyun glared at the CEO. He then looked at his son and smirked. He looked back at the CEO. "Fine." He said as he walked out of the room.
He will get his payment, one way or another, and it doesn't always have to be money. 

-------------------
Baekhyun had researched who Mr. Park was. He is the CEO of Park Industries, with branches of malls, fashion lines, and other businesses. A wife and two sons, Park Seungcheol and Park Chanyeol. He raises a brow at a picture of his while family. The owl boy isn't in the picture. 
"But Father, he did what you asked."  
The boy called him 'Father'. He must be his son. 
"A illegitimate son, perhaps?" 
No, he had both the looks of Mr. and Mrs. Park. Why did he try to steal the diamond? Why wasn't he in the picture?
Then it hit him. 
He thought about his plan and went to work. 

He parked his motorcycle nearby before going into the building, this time without his mask and shades. 
"May I help you?" Said the receptionist lady, not realizing he was the same man as last night. 
He smiled his sweetest smile. "Hi! I'm actually waiting for someone to go out for lunch." He said.
The woman blushed as she smiled back. "You may take a seat, Sir."
He nodded and took a seat in one of the comfortable, leather chairs in the lobby. He read the newspaper as he waited.'THE BLUE DIAMOND STOLEN' was the headline on the front page. He smirked before putting the paper back in the rack. 
The elevator opened to reveal the guy he was waiting for. The guy was just wearing a large hoodie with black jeans. No one would ever guess he was the CEO's son. Baekhyun followed him outside. He followed him until he went inside a cafe. The guy ordered and sat down in a corner of the cafe, starin out the cafe window. Baekhyun took his coffee and walked towards the table. He stood infront of the boy's table and coughed, catching his attention. He stared at Baekhyun with those wide eyes that could probably see Baekhyun's tainted soul. 
"Hey, could I sit with you?" Baekhyun said with his sweetest smile. 
"Uh..sure, I guess?" He said as Baekhyun's smile widened and sat down infront of him. 
"I'm Baekhyun." He smiled.
"I'm Kyungsoo." The guy, Kyungsoo, replied. 
It was silent for a while until...
"So, Kyungsoo-ssi, why did you try to steal the blue diamond?"
Kyungsoo spat his coffee and looked at Bakehyun in shock. 
"I-I don't know what you're talking about," He stuttered. "Are you a cop, Baekhyun-ssi? Because you got the wrong person." 
Baekhyun laughed a little which made Kyungsoo confused. 
"I'm not a cop, Kyungsoo-ssi." Baekhyun said.
"They how did you-" Kyungsoo's eyes widened. "Unless you're the jewel thief my father hired!" He whispered. 
"Now, Kyungsoo-ssi, if I were a cop, you would have been caught by now after that," 
Kyungsoo's mouthed formed an 'o' shape after he realized that he practically sold himself out. 
"But lucky for you, I'm not a cop." He said as he took a sip of his drink.
"So you are the jewel thief!" Kyungsoo aggressively whispered, making sure no one can hear. 
Baekhyun winked. "That's me,"
"I gotta say, Kyungsoo-ssi. I' quite surprised that a CEO's son wanted to steal the Blue Diamond for himself. The question is...why?" 
Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't need to explain myself to you," He said. "Besides, I can call the police and turn you in now that I know your name and what you look like."
Baekhyun scoffed. "You wouldn't do that, Kyungsoo,"
Kyungsoo raised a brow. 
"Because, I can turn you in too." Baekhyun retorted.
"You can't. You have no proof!" 
"Oh yes I can. CCTV cameras were all over the museum until I temporarily shut them down. I hacked into their computers and took their footage and I can easily show them the footage of proof that I had a partner."
Kyungsoo huffed. "Even if you do, my father can get the best lawyer!"
Bakehyun cocked a brow. "No he won't," He said. 
Panic set on Kyungsoo's face. 
"Park Kyungsoo. Youngest son of Park Jungsoo, CEO of Park Industries-oh what's this? No one has ever heard of Park Kyungsoo? Let me guess," He leaned on his seat. "You are the unappreciated son and the black sheep of the fanily. A total failure and disappointment in your father's eyes. You tried to get the diamond for him in hopes of gaining his approval but guess what? You failed at that too," 
Kyungsoo's eyes started to tear making Baekhyun regret what he just said. Bakehyun coughed and gave Kyungsoo a tissue.
"I just wanted to make him see me as his son like Chanyeol hyung and Seungcheol hyung." He choked.
"Hey hey...I'm sorry I said all those, Kyungsoo. It was insensitive of me."
"Were you trying to terrorize me to get my father's attention to pay you back? It aint gonna happen, he doesn't care what happens to me." Kyungsoo said, wiping a tear. 
Baekhyun's original plan of taking Kyungsoo away for ransom completely changed. Now he just wants to take Kyungsoo away forever and away from that monster. 

Bakehyun turned from uncaring thief to caring stranger that day. Comforting Kyungsoo and making him feel better. Kyungsoo saw past the fact that Baekhyun was a thief and Baekhyun almost forgot that he was suppose to take revenge on the CEO. He had convinced Kyungsoo that he didn't need the approval of a man like his father, which Kyungsoo realized a while later. He made Kyungsoo feel special and beautiful just the way he is, the way he should be. After a month of friendship, they fell inlove. Bakhyun confessed first which startled Kyungsoo, but after a while he realized that he had felt the same way. They became a couple. Bakehyun took a break from stealing after Kyungsoo's request to stop. Luckily for Baekhyun, he gruaduated from business school, something Kyungsoo's father wanted for Kyungsoo but instead, Baekhyun found out, Kyungsoo majored in Arts which was a huge disappointment for his father. 
Kyungsoo moved in with Baekhyun later on. After a while, Baekhyun came clean. He told Kyungsoo what he had planned on the day they met, to make Kyungsoo like him, steal him away for ransom to get his money from the CEO but in the end it all changed as he just wanted to take Kyungsoo away from his unloving, bastard of a father. He swore that he truly cared for Kyungsoo and that he loved him. Kyungsoo only smiled at Baekhyun and told him that he understood. Baekhyun had never been so relieved in his entire life. That night they made love for the very first time and they made love again and again and again after that. 

"Hey, Baek." Kyungsoo said, drawing circles on Baekhyun's chest. Both laid on the bed, exhausted after their 'activity' from earlier. 
"Yeah?" He asked.
It was silent for a moment.
"...I want you to take me away." Kyungsoo deadpanned.
Baekhyun gulped. He had always hopes he could take away his precious one but was surprised that it will actaully happen. 
"Take you away from your father?"
Kyungsoo nodded, burying his face in Baekhyun's neck. Soon he fell fast asleep. Baekhyun tightened his grip on Kyungsoo's waist and kissed the top of Kyungsoo's head.
"I will take you away, Kyungsoo-ah." He whispered in his ear, earning a subconscious smile from the sleeping boy. He hugged him tight as he followed Kyungsoo into the land of dreams. 

"I want him fired. We lost money because he forgot to write down a ing zero?! I want him fired without his pay!" The CEO shouted as he slammed the door to his office. 
He let out a frustrated sigh and sat down on his chair, rubbing his head. 
"Good for nothing-" He paused as he saw a piece of paper on his desk. 
He opened it and it had a picture of his youngest son, Kyungsoo. 
'Thanks for my payment!' It had said below. 
He quickly dialed his wife's number. 
"Hello?"
"Where is Kyungsoo?" He asked.
"Why do you-"
"WHERE IS KYUNGSOO!" He demanded.
His wife sighed. "He's not here. Now I don't see why you suddenly care for him." 
He doesn't care for him but he does care about his pride. He hung up on his wife and dialed another number. 
"Hey, Mr. Park! Wassup?" A cheery voice asked from the other line.
"Listen here, Punk! Where is my son?" He demanded.
Barkhyun laughed from the other line. 
"I always get my payment, Mr. Park. I always do." He said as he hung up. 
Jungsoo dialed the number again. 
"The subscriber you are calling is currently unavailable. Please try your call later....The subscri-" 
He slammed his fist on his desk. 
"That ing jewel thief." He cursed under his breath. 

Baekhyun did take away Kyungsoo. His beautiful Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's mother had always know the mistreatement of her youngest and hesitantly, she allowed him to be taken away only to have him promise that he should call her often and also his brothers. She had thought that a better future is in store for him elsewhere, away from his father. His father did not need to know that she had known, about Baekhyun and everything else. Baekhyun told her the truth, about him being the thief, how Park Jungsoo didn't pay him for his services, and ofcourse how he had wanted to take Kyungsoo away in the first place. Some would ask why a mother would let her son run away with a criminal. Well, she wanted her son to escape from his father because no matter how hard it is, she had to let him go. After he approval, to Baekhyun, she was an angel...an angel that got married to the devil. 
Baekhyun left his old life behind and Kyungsoo left his father behind. 
Baekhyun was a jewel thief, the best of them all...and he has stolen the most beautiful, the most priceless, the most valuable of them all. Park Kyungsoo. 

The End