Just a Brother

Just a Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Btw, words in pale red are in Chinese. どうぞ~!^^

When Chanyeol heard from Kris that the latter is going to be part of a mystery variety show in China, he was excited. It's a new concept and he is looking forward to see how it would turn out. He was also worried--like he always does--at the same time. Another thing to add to Kris's schedule. Chanyeol was worried that his boyfriend would not get enough rest but after receiving a reassurance from the man from China, his protective self calmed down. His excitement boosted up when he saw the behind-the-scene photos on the social media, the set looked so cool and it was like an mystery/action movie set and his lover looked so amazing in the outfits that he wore throughout the filming. Well, when did he look bad anyway? He can wear a sack and still look good in it, he thought.

On the first episode of 72 Floors of Mystery, Chanyeol was amazed at his boyfriend. He knew that Kris was clever--also clumsy--but seeing his lover being all smart and leading the group never failed to awe him. It brought him back to the time when his boyfriend was the leader of EXO-M, when his boyfriend would lead five hyperactive men in China or when he would lead the entire group when both K and M are together, along with Suho. He always loved that side of him. It made him feel proud as Kris's boyfriend. But their relationship is hidden to the public, and he knows that. Although some of the fans can see the hints and read between the lines and as much as he wants to confirm their suspicions, he can't. This was one of his and Kris's biggest fights back then. He wanted to reveal their relationship while Kris wanted otherwise to protect both of their careers. But they were able to go through it and have make-up right after *coughs*his favorite part*coughs*. Anyway, back to the show, Chanyeol chuckled when it was Kris who instructed the team when they arranged the balls according to the position of the planets. That guy and his obsession with astronomy, he thought fondly, Oh well, he definitely lived up to his title as the man from the galaxy. His eyes also widened when Kris bragged that he's good at cooking and made a mini baozi in the show. Back in EXO days, Kris used to brag that he's an artist and that he's the Picasso of EXO even though his drawing wasn't even that good. And now, in the show, he said that he's good at cooking. Chanyeol laughed at that part. Ever since the eating-stale-food-for-a-week-because-Yifan-hyung-insisted-that-he-should-be-the-chef-for-the-week incident, their manager and Kyungsoo banned Kris from cooking in the kitchen. And now he's claiming that he's a chef? Chanyeol smugly thought. After that, he decided to let his boyfriend cook the next time they would have a sleepover.

Throughout the episode, he noticed a tall, lean and handsome Chinese guy who is usually alongside his man named Wu Lei. He didn't mind much at that time. He found it cute, actually. The guy looks like Kris's younger brother especially since they both share the same last name. He laughed at the part when Kris rose his palm for a high five with a middle-aged man and the man ignored it. It's a good thing that Lei intercepted the high five thus saving Kris the embarrassment--well, partly.

 

But on the second episode, Chanyeol's possessive side was ignited.

 

At first, he just chuckled at Kris's eloquence at the show. He laughed when Kris made up a "scientific fact" about the rice and soybeans during their challenge in order to finish it. He remembered when he first introduced the guy to his family. His family already knew and accepted his ual orientation so it wasn't much of a big deal for them anymore. The only challenge left for Kris was to prove his worth to Chanyeol's family especially to his sister, Yoora who was the most protective of him when it comes to relationships. And as expected, Kris was able to prove his worth to his family--actually more than that. After the first meeting, his mother kept on bugging him to invite Kris to their house. How Kris did that, Chanyeol doesn't know. Back to the show, Chanyeol's eyes sparkled when he saw his lover wearing a general's uniform. The costume fits him perfectly like a glove. He must be a general in his past life, he thought in awe. He laughed when Kris took the other team's ticket to slow them down. This guy… He's as clever and sly as a fox. He chuckled at the thought. But then he noticed that Lei was paired up with Kris again. Why is he kept on being paired with Kris?! Chanyeol's eyes started to narrow and his eyebrows burrowed. His jealousy parade was halted when he saw his boyfriend on a royal blue suit. His cheeks flared up, Why does he have to look so damn good in that suit? Dirty thoughts started filling him. How it would feel when he would start peeling each piece of the clothing one by one while his lips are interlocked with the man he loves. He shook his head wildly, trying to get rid of the thoughts. And it did. And it was because he saw the Wu Lei guy hold Kris in his arms when the latter was frozen for 30 seconds. He can feel the nasty acid caused by jealousy and over-protectiveness course through his veins when he saw that. HOW DARE HE TOUCH MY YIFAN LIKE THAT?! I'm the only one who can--it's just part of the game, Chanyeol-ah. Calm down. Think happy thoughts. Don't let your temper get the best of you.


To calm himself down, he looked for the official and behind-the-scenes photos from the show on the social media. Seeing the handsome face of his boyfriend never failed to calm him down. But what he saw didn't calm him down. Instead of seeing photos of his man, what he saw are photos of Zhao Liying, an actress, and Kris for the next episode. First, it's Wu Lei and now this woman?! He looked at the woman closely, small and petite with a pretty face. The ideal girl. Chanyeol's frown deepened. Immediately he searched the woman's name on the internet and he calmed down when he saw articles of the woman being rumored to be married to someone. It wasn't confirmed though, but he doesn't care. In a celebrity's perspective and based on the photos he saw, it's pretty much the truth. He scrolled more and his relieved face was immediately replaced by a deep frown. More photos of his boyfriend and Wu Lei appeared. Kris on Lei's shoulder, smiling together, etc. He is not liking what he's seeing anymore so he called his boyfriend.

Chanyeol dialed his lover's phone. "Yeol?", his lover's husky voice resonated through the receiver. It was late at night and Chanyeol just interrupted Kris's rest but at that time, Chanyeol doesn't care. He didn't waste any time and went to the point. He shouted, "Who is this Wu Lei? Why are you getting all chummy with him? Are you cheating on me, Wu Yifan?!". The sigh of his lover was heard on the phone, "Calm down, Yeol. He's just a friend, a brother, part of the family. No need to get all worked up--", "'Brother', my ! T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter