0.25

Utopia | A Label SJ Trainee Project

 

Utopia

chapter 0.25

May 17, 2018

“You want to do what?” Yesung asked incredulously, staring at Leeteuk as if he had grown a second head.

“I’m sure it’ll work out if we focus!” The leader insisted, grinning brightly.

Although Shindong was nodding in agreement, Siwon and Sungmin were looking a bit weary. Despite not having Kyuhyun and Ryeowook back from their military enlistments just yet, Leeteuk couldn’t wait any longer to share his ideas.

“Hyung, don’t you think we should focus on our own comeback? Ryeowook will be coming back to us soon and we’ll have to start recording in the next few weeks.” Crossing his arms over his chest, Kangin frowned at the older, worried that Leeteuk’s boredom would lead them down the wrong road. Sure, he’s never lead them astray before, but he always had come up with crazy ideas between comebacks.

Eunhyuk nodded in agreement and spoke up. “He’s right, you know how busy we’ll get soon. I haven’t even seen Heechul in over a week because he has so many schedules, and you’re not much different, hyung.”

The oldest of the group huffed and narrowed his eyes at the rest. “Can’t you just entertain this idea for a moment before you flush it down the toilet?”

Exchanging glances, they were trying to evaluate each other’s opinions before agreeing to discuss it. Donghae would surely agree to it, as long as it didn’t interfere with his new drama’s filming schedule. Sungmin was working on making a family, which limited his availability to such a feat, and Heechul was stubborn about venturing out of their already hard-staked efforts. And they were two short on top of that, Ryeowook was likely to be quite busy upon his return, and that was nothing compared to Kyuhyun’s hectic schedule waiting for his return from enlistment.

“Ah, well.. I suppose we can discuss how it would be done-” Siwon shrugged, knowing it wouldn’t be easy.

“-And if SM would even let us have trainees,” Yesung interrupted. “Expanding Label SJ would be fine if we wanted to create a new sub-group or promote one of us as a new soloist act, but producing a girl group is on a whole other level.”

Leeteuk nodded, still smiling as he lifted the closed notebook from the table in front of him. “I already have that as issue number one. Number two is getting a proper facility to train, and number three is designating our own roles in the business.”

“I’m not so sure we’d be enough to run a business…” Eunhyuk clicked his tongue in thought, leaning back in his chair as he quirked his head to the side. “We can’t do girl’s makeup, or outfits, and they’d need at least one female manager to you know, deal with the girl stuff we don’t know about.”

The leader nodded as he listened, jotting down notes for them to address.

Shindong spoke up after a moment, leaning to rest his elbows on the table in front of him. “So are we actually considering this? Forming a girl group under Label SJ?”

“I think we are.” There was a small smile on Sungmin’s lips at the idea, warming up to it now that he knew Leeteuk had a bit of a plan at least.

“First things first- we have to formulate a proposal to give to SM. If we go in completely unprepared, we’ll never get anywhere,” Yesung reached over to Leeteuk’s notepad and pulled out one piece of paper for each member that was in the room. “Let’s take notes so we don’t forget what we’ve talked about.”

And that’s when they started getting down to business, deciding who of them could spare the time to teach and train their trainees, who could focus more on the paperwork and planning side of things, and whatnot.

They hit every corner; possible locations for their training facility and dorm space, people they could hire in the missing positions, even possible concepts for their future group.

It was going to be a lot of work, and convincing SM it wasn’t a waste of time and money would be a challenge, but it was one they were all willing to give a real shot.

Super Junior was fully prepared to start a group of their own.



 

I have wifi on my trip, so~

Here's the first little teaser for Utopia! There's going to be a couple more, and they're mostly explaining how Super Junior brought up Label SJ to the point it's at at the beginning of our story in late 2020.

And don't worry- the actual chapters wont be this short!

 

author's note