03 | pringles

Distraction | mino x seulgi (DISCONTINUED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03

pringles

 

"I despise conflicts," Seulgi states in a matter-of-fact-like tone, unconsciously rolling her eyes when she hears Wendy giggle as a response.

 

They are hanging out at the café as they have previously planned. Only this time, they have invited Irene, a close friend from a nearby university, in place of Joy and Yeri who aren't able to join because of their families' trips abroad. In turn, the woman had also brought in a male friend of hers; the tall man has introduced himself as Seunghoon, a very useful seatmate of Irene in their Philosophy class. So far, the time with the new acquaintance has been entertaining.

 

Fortunately, the café isn't bustling with a myriad of customers which is unusual for a Friday afternoon. The smell of aromatic coffee beans and freshly baked bread is wafting through the air, establishing an atmosphere close to a home's in the place. The group of friends is indeed relaxed and comfortable in their booth by the glass window overlooking the busy streets outside, sipping on their respective caffeinated drinks.

 

"You despise conflicts yet you like poking your nose into others' business," Irene snorts, her words referring to Seulgi's recent encounters with a high school boy who smokes.

 

Seulgi rolls her eyes for the nth time this day. "That's happened once and it will never happen again," she says with an unwavering amount of confidence oozing from her aura, and Irene and the man sitting beside her are amused.

 

"You've got a positive one here," Seunghoon tells them with a smile before sipping onto his iced Americano which Irene has bought him earlier. Seulgi rolls her eyes at them when her friends laugh.

 

"Did you apologize though?" Irene asks, the corner of her rosy lips tugging upwards when she sees her thrown off all of a sudden. They attentively watch her sulk lightly and sip onto her iced bubble tea in her corner in the booth.

 

"Crap," Seulgi drawls out in such a tone implying that she's into more trouble that she thinks she will be. A frown sets upon her lips and a clear furrow has appeared between her brows. "Crap."

 

She knows that she's stepped into Mino's private bubble that time and unintentionally provoked him, but the fact that she hasn't been able to apologize for what she has done is creeping into her conscience. And the fact that she has to face him again.

 

Screw me for my spontaneity.

 

They follow her every move; she frowns, places her head down against the table along with her cup and lifts her head up only to bang it on the hard yet smooth surface of the table. Clanks of the utensils and clutter thrown off by the sudden impact hitting the surface and the sharp slam of her forehead are heard in the process.

 

"And she's now in the dumps," Seunghoon frivolously comments, finding the scene unravelling before his eyes more amusing than the daily drama happening at the university. Irene smiles.

 

Wendy leans her head against the table, facing her now-down friend. "Apologies are a thing, you know. The thought counts," she tells her, winking in hopes she cheers up at her cuteness.

 

Instead, the latter reacts repulsively; she narrows her eyes at her and mouths a word of profanity directed at her which bursts Wendy into rounds of loud laughing.

 

"Oh god, what did you do to Wendy?" Irene horrendously stares at a revolted Seulgi, who is now sitting straight and still narrowing her eyes, shifting her gaze from her to a now-sniggering Wendy.

 

"Her winks are seriously the one of the few things that trigger me," Seulgi speaks in obvious distaste. Irene can't help but roll her eyes at her.

 

"High school girls are this cute, huh?" Seunghoon butts in, chuckling at the sight of them fooling around.

 

Ir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter