Meeting

Rich Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jungkook.. Mina got the latest design from Nonagon. When are we going out for it?" My girlfriend IU said as she pouted, hoping she woud convince me with pity.

 

"Do you even like that brand?" I continued playing on my phone, not at all surprised by her requests for more clothes. We were sitting by the edge of my pool on lounge chairs.

 

She flipped to her side, facing me. "I don't mind it but it's the latest fasion and I have to look my best for the cameras." She moved closer, now hovering above me in her bikini trying to seduce me into agreeing to her demands. "Besides.. I need to look good for you right?" She smirked and I mirrored the gesture. She leaned down and just as we were about to touch lips, my father's butler came up to us.

 

"I'm sorry to interrupt you sir but your father demands an audience at once." I looked away from my girlfriend and at Woobin. 

 

"Now what does he want?"

 

He glanced at my girlfriend and then back at me. "He.. did not say." He smiled, "but I suggest you see him quickly. You should know he's not a patient man." With that, he bowed to me and left towards the house.

 

My girlfriend returned to her last position, leaning on her own chair. "How rude." I began to get up but she reached for my shirt, catching me before I could.

 

I turned my head toward her, "I'll be right back okay?.." She pouted in reply, "then we'll go shopping." This time she smiled and shrieked in delight as she turned her attention to her phone.

 

-

 

I knocked on the door of my father's study as Woobin opened it. My dad was by a window that gave him full view of where IU and I were earlier. "Is that what you do on your freetime now? Stalk me?" I sat on one of the two chairs in front of his desk as he sat on his armchair.

 

"I was... supervising son." He smiled at me.

 

"I'm sure you were." I gestered with my hands, "so what's up. What do you need-"

 

He leaned towards me, placing his hands above his desk. "Do you ever think of maybe settling down sometimes.. With a nice girl?"

 

I looked at him, half offended. "I have a girlfriend."

 

He got up, pacing behind me. "Oh come on- I don't mean to hurt your feelings son, but I could spot a gold-digger from a mile away..." Just as I was about to retaliate, he spoke again. "I mean someone who loves you. Not for what you can provide, but for who you are."

 

"IU loves me."

 

"You don't even know her real name."

 

I began to walk out before my father grabbed my shoulder. "Fine we'll leave it at that. I actually called you in to discuss something else. Your credit card has actually been overused by several thousand dollars. This isn't the first time either. What can a teenager actually waste 45,000 dollars on in a month? Drugs? Do I need to take you to a specialist?"

 

"I'll be more careful-"

 

"Really?.. I'm getting tired of it Jungkook. You need to be more responsible."

 

I shrugged of his hand, "I'll keep that in mind." On the way out, I saw my older brother Jin coming in. He saw me and his face became full of worry.

 

"Oh god. What'd you do now?"

 

I laughed at his reaction, "Same, old. I'll see you later."

 

-

 

I glanced at my watch, it had already been 3 hours since we arrived at the mall and I was starting to become impatient. "Are you almost done yet? I don't think Woobin can carry anymore bags."

 

She was about to reply to me, but a girl suddenly hugged her. "Omg IU it's been so long."

 

"Suzy! How have you been?"

 

They talked for awhile more, and I turned my attention to my phone, uninterested. After about 5 minutes, IU took me by the hand. "Suzy's going to an auction they're having here. Let's join them okay?" I grunted and she came close to my ear. "Please go with me.. I'll make it worth your while later." In all honsesty, I still didn't want to go, but I felt bad so I ended up agreeing.

 

-

 

We got to the auction when it was almost over. We were already seated when a 14k rose gold ruby promise ring was brought up. I heard the host say the starting price was 5,000 dollars. Suzy's boyfriend then raised it to 8,000. Suzy turned to my girlfriend, "It's gorgeous! Only someone who really loves you would buy you this." IU turned to me.

 

"Jung.."

 

"I'm sorry I can't. I'm on a budget right now."

 

Suzy interrupted, "Don't be rediculous girl. How can a child afford that?"

 

I slumped in my seat, annoyed at this . IU looked over at me, "It's cheap right now! You can easily afford at least that, right?" She looked offended.

 

"Why don't you buy it then?"

 

She seemed shocked by my words, "Why are you being so rude!"

 

Suzy interfered again. "How can you be with someone this rude? You should leave him-" 

 

"This is none of your business, Sushi." She gasped. Her boyfriend joined our converation now, defending his girlfriend.

 

They all began attacking me and I turned my attention to the auctioneer. "12,000!"

 

Her boyfriend also rose the price, "15,000!"

 

"18,000."

 

"20,000."

 

"25,000!" He didn't raise it anymore and after the 3 counts, it was sold to me. I turned to the couple by us, smirking and took IU by her hand. "Out of your budget?"

 

-

 

When I got home I was immediately called into my father's room again. This time Jin was waiting as well. "You don't ever listen do you." My father walked towards me. "What did you waste 25 grand on?" Even Jin was shocked by the price. He and I both knew I was in some real .

 

"A ring."

 

He chuckled, but not out humor but anger. "Unbelievable! How irresponsible can someone be!" 

 

Jin got infront of me. "Please forgive him this once father. I'll pay for the expensises." He bowed.

 

My dad lifted Jin's head. "You don't need to take respnsibilty for your brother's actions-"

 

I got in, "It won't happen again."

 

There was a moment of silence from both sides of the room. "No, it won't... Because I'm cutting you off. Of everything."

 

"What does that mean-"

 

"Starting tommorow, you're moving out." My eyes opened in surprise and Jin and me looked at each other. He looked more scared than even me. 

 

Jin rushed over to my father. "You can't seriously be capable of having your child live on the streets-"

 

"He won't be. He'll be staying with a good friend of mine and his family."

 

"You're sending me off to live with complete strangers?!"

 

"It won't be much different than here."

 

"And what if don't agree?"

 

"Then it's the streets for you. This conversation is over, Woobin please show him out." Jin continued to try and convince my father to let me off, but I've never been one to beg, so I won't.

 

-

 

In the afternoon, I was picked up from my room by both my brother and dad. Jin had dark circles under his eyes, probably from trying to convince my father all night. They lead me outside to where Woobin was parked, next to the car was IU. She came rushing to me, "I heard what happened. I'm so sorry."

 

"Don't worry, I'll probably be back in a week." I hugged her but she looked down, sniffling.

 

"What's wrong?" I lifted her head.

 

" I don't.. I don't want a long distance relationship." I let her go, shocked.

 

"You're kidding right?.. This is happening because of you!"

 

"I'm sorry." She started to whimper.

 

I laughed not being sure how to respond to the situation, "it's fine." I looked down at her hand searching for the ring I had bought,  and reached for it, placing it in my pocket. "Now it's over." I got in the car and ignored her cries outside. I didn't want to say goodbye to my dad and brother either, embarrased from how right they were.

 

-

 

 

We parked outside their house and waited there for awhile. After a few minutes a bulky older man came to Woobin's window. He greeted him, I could tell they were freinds. From Jin's messages the man was one of my father's employees and a friend. I was pulled from my thoughts when he knocked on my window. In response I exited the car and did a full bow. "Hello I'm Jungkook. I'll be in yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter