Final

아, 귀여워 (Ah, Cute)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin finds Jinhwan cute. Like really cute on a whole new level. It doesn't help that apart from being naturally cute, Jinhwan was always tasked to act cute (oh, the things it surely did on Hanbin's heart) and Hanbin was left to always react on it.

 

"Ah, cute" Hanbin robotically said after Jinhwan finished his impromptu cutesy act. The members laughed in response at the subdued mocking tone, but really, if they looked at him and saw how his stare lingered at Jinhwan for a second longer, how he almost melted right there and then, they would realize what he truly felt whenever he said that. Too bad the members were busy doing their own things to notice it though. Well, except Jinhwan himself.

 

They were currently at the airport, waiting to board the plane that will take them to Japan. Hanbin looked around the airport, and for once, was glad that no fans came as usual. This trip was supposed to be a secret after all.

Since they knew that no one would take pictures of them and their airport fashion, no one bothered to dress up and look flashy. It’s winter now so almost everyone was wearing coats twice their sizes, exhausted bare faces covered by their masks and beanies. Gone were the men who looked like they were going on a fashion show with their stylish choice of clothing, they were replaced by men who seemed to wear anything that could keep them warm regardless of its design. Don’t get them wrong, they love their fans and dressing up, but there were days when they were all too tired to even move an inch after a gruesome practice, much less to color coordinate their clothes.  It’s way too early to be up, still dark when their manager ushered them out on their dorm, so it’s understandable that half of them were on the brink of falling asleep on the hard benches.

Hanbin is as exhausted as they are, but this is nothing compared to his pre-debut days when sleep was a luxury for him. His body was already conditioned to endure this kind of torture, but s were clearly not.

Hanbin looked around to see if there’s any available seat for him. He eventually found one, beside Jinhwan, who was already rocking back and forth drowsily. Hanbin sneakily went to his side and pushed Jinhwan’s head to lie on his shoulder before it hit the wall behind him. He then put his arm around Jinhwan’s side to keep him steady. Surprise by the hand and the warmth that suddenly enveloped him, Jinhwan opened his eyes and lifted his head a little.

“Sleep Hyung.” Too sleepy to even formulate a question, Jinhwan concedes and rested his head again on Hanbin’s shoulder. He snuggled closer to Hanbin’s side and once comfortable, fell back into sleep immediately.

Hanbin stopped fiddling on his phone, to look at the elder’s face that was covered by his thick scarf. He brought his hand up to brush some strands of hair that was falling on Jinhwan’s closed lids, which resulted in Jinhwan scrunching his nose before burrowing his face on his scarf.

“Ah, cute.” Hanbin whispered. He ignored the butterflies on his stomach and the loud thrumming of his own heartbeat. He has been feeling that a lot lately. Maybe he’s sick. Yes, that was the only explanation.

 

They were having a live broadcast now and as usual, Hanbin and Jinhwan were selected as the MCs. They were sitting side by side in the middle, one of the privilege of being an MC, as he watched how Jinhwan stammered nervously while reading the script. He about going back to the car to reflect and the slow blush that worked his way on Jinhwan’s face is really really cute.

They were currently holding hands now, don’t ask Hanbin why because he didn’t know it either. It’s out of habit, how his hands would automatically seek Jinhwan’s, and the elder would respond by clasping their hands together. Hanbin rubbed his thumb at the back of Jinhwan’s hand as he talked about their album, removing it to get something from the staff. He didn’t know why he felt a little disappointed, and his hand feels strangely empty.

In the middle of the broadcast, a fan suggested that she wanted them to do an aegyo relay. The members groaned simultaneously at the request, but decided to do it anyway to grant their fan’s wish.

Yunhyeong started it, saying cringeworthy baby words that made their skin crawl. This continued on and when it was Jinhwan’s turn, everyone was already frowning in mock disgust. Jinhwan winked and sent hearts with his hands towards the screen before hiding his face in his hands in embarrassment. Hanbin wanted to coo at Jinhwan’s cute tactics, smiling fondly at the elder, but when he heard the member’s fake vomit sounds and what seems like strangling noises, Hanbin decided to follow them to appear unsuspicious. If anyone noticed his late reaction at Jinhwan’s aegyo, no one bothered to comment at it.

 

Hanbin has been feeling strange lately, distancing himself from the others. He would often leave early to go to his studio and come back late when the members were all asleep. This day however, Yunhyeong forced him to stay at home for once, claiming that they almost didn’t see Hanbin for a week. So here he was, sitting on a chair trying to write some lyrics, but found himself unable to do so, with Jinhwan and Chanwoo sitting closely at the sofa in front of him.

Hanbin stared at Chanwoo’s hand that was on Jinhwan’s shoulders. It seems like Chanwoo was teasing the elder again, judging by Chanwoo’s cheeky smile and Jinhwan’s soft punch on the maknae’s shoulder. Jinhwan glared at Chanwoo, who then said something; Hanbin’s too far to even hear about it, but it made Jinhwan’s glare disappear only to be replaced with laughter.  They were getting closer now, always glued on each other’s sides, Hanbin noted, and he knew he should be happy since their group’s bond will also get stronger. He was feeling the opposite of it however, eyes sending lasers on Chanwoo’s hand as it travelled upwards to rest on his neck. “That was my place.”, Hanbin thought. “I’m the only one allowed to do that.”

“Um Hanbin, you’re crumpling your music sheet. What’s wrong?” Yunhyeong’s voice broke through his train of thoughts.

Hanbin looked down and sure enough, he was crushing his lyric sheets on his hand. Jinhwan and Chanwoo looked at him at their place in the sofa, intrigued.

“Nothing. I’m going back to the studio.” Hanbin said before grabbing his snapback and angrily marching outside of their door, leaving a confused Yunhyeong, Chanwoo and Jinhwan behind.

 

Hanbin was surrounded with crumpled paper inside his studio. He tried writing some lyrics to divert his attention from the scene earlier but his mind was betraying him. Decidi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter