--drabble

Sleepy Time

 

Jaejoong had a book in his hand with Jiji curled up besides him when Yunho walked into their bedroom, having finished his work. His husband seemed to be reading rather intently, his eyes squinted underneath his glasses and his brows furrowed slightly. The sight was rather adorable, so Yunho had to take a moment at the doorframe to stare, and Jaejoong was so deep in this particular book that he didn't notice his husband until the man coughed.

The blond looked up, "Oh," His lips were parted, "You're finished with the documents?"

"Yeah," Yunho smiled, and took a step foward before turning to close the door. "What are you reading? You seem really into it.”

Jaejoong grinned and placed his bookmark on the page that he had stopped, to stretch his arms out and yawn, “Junsu recommended it to me. It’s pretty good actually.” His elbow accidentally bumped into the snoozing cat besides him, which earned him a disgruntled meow. Jaejoong clicked his tongue and apologized softly, rubbing Jiji’s ear gently.

“Really? You usually never take book recommendations from Junsu,” Yunho laughed, walking over to the bathroom that was connected to their room.

“I know right?” Jaejoong chuckled, and Yunho heard the sheets rustling, “But Yoochun told me he read it too, and that it was super good and stuff. It’s mystery and thriller. And like-- okay Jiji okay, I wont move you again, jeez,” The blond grumbled, and Yunho laughed as he squeezed out some toothpaste onto his toothbrush. His husband then continued rambling passionately about the book, and Yunho listened to every little detail.

There was a silence again afterwards, and Jaejoong broke it by yawning his name. Yunho hummed in response as he brushed his teeth.

“Remember that we have to go suit shopping tomorrow. That wedding is in five days,” Jaejoong reminded, and Yunho’s groan came out muffled, “And yes, we have to go, Yunho. It doesn’t matter that he’s just an, I quote, old pruny college friend of ours, he still invited us.”

Yunho huffed, brushing his teeth with annoyance, “I dun luk him,” He said incohorently, and didn’t bother spitting into the sink to say those words more clearly because Jaejoong understood well enough.

“It doesn’t matter. We’re still going.” The blond said firmly, and Yunho spat into the sink to childishly imitate his husband in a high pitched voice, to which Jaejoong responded calmly, “I can hear you.”

Yunho blew a rasberry at that and then rinsed out his mouth. He splashed water onto his face, dried himself and walked back into the bedroom after changing into his pyjamas and questioned, “Where’s that cream that makes my skin all soft?”

Jaejoong eyed him, lips curving up into an amused smile as he pointed to a purple container on the dresser. The younger man grabbed and opened it, scooping some out with his fingers before massaging it onto his face.

“You use that cream more than I do.” The blond teased, watching his husband carefully rub cream under his eyes. Yunho just snorted at him, and at that Jaejoong laughed, “But it’s true! You really do.”

“Whatever,” Yunho huffed, and once he was done, he lightly slapped his cheeks in a satisfied manner before putting the lid back onto the container. Jaejoong just smiled and then sat up to crawl into the sheets. Jiji eyed the blond and made an irritated noise, reluctantly shifting over. Yunho walked over to the dresser and made sure his phone was charging, and then he turned off the lamp on his side.

Jaejoong was all tucked in, his glasses removed and he looked up expectantly at Yunho with his fingers crossed cutely in front of him. Yunho smiled and crawled into the sheets, and pleased, Jaejoong shifted closer immediately, throwing his arms around his husband. Jiji hissed at being squished in the middle and had no choice but to curl up at the corner of the bed.

“You just pissed Jiji off,” Yunho laughed, and Jaejoong just responded by curling closer, burying his face in the taller man’s neck. “You’re so sleepy,” The younger murmured, rubbing the blond’s back gently.

“Mm.. was waiting for you,” Jaejoong mumbled, his words muffled as he snuggled as close as could be. Yunho kissed his hair and inhaled it, and then showed his appreciation for his husband’s strawberry scented shampoo by sniffing more passionately. Jaejoong giggled madly into Yunho’s neck at the exagerrated inhaling.

“I don’t wanna keep you up any longer. You need sleep,” Yunho chuckled, and Jaejoong just mewled into his skin, refusing to let go of his husband to turn off the bedside table lamp on his side. So the younger had no option, he rolled the both of them over with Jaejoong squealing in the process, and he switched the light off. “Goodnight,” He whispered once they rolled right back into the middle of the bed again.

“Nighty night,” Jaejoong mumbled, and lifted his head, cupping Yunho’s cheek. He kissed his husband softly, and once they pulled away, the blond whispered out a sleepy “I love you..”

“I love you too,” Yunho smiled, kissing Jaejoong’s forehead and pulling him closer. The sleepy man then wished Jiji a goodnight, to which Jiji just ignored him, a difference from his usual responding purr. Yunho started laughing at that, and Jaejoong just huffed, burying his face in his husband’s chest and complaining about his unrequited love. His complaints then turned into soft incoherent slurring before he eventually dozed off, and Yunho stayed up for moments, combing his fingers through Jaejoong's blond locks and listening to the man mewl in his sleep.

And as he listened to that, he could never remember being so much in love with someone before.

 

A/N: thanks for reading!