Just a Game

Just a Game

The lyric is from the song Just A Game from Vocaloid. Try and have a listen. Its a good song. I recommend the cover. I hope you'll love this. ❤

💔💔💔

♪We meet every night at the Beauty & Rudy in Udagawa-cho.
While the drizzle heartlessly blurs your face,
let's make this our final dancehall rendezvous. ♪

Yoongi downed another glass of liquor as his eyes scanned through the crowd in the club from where he sat. The beat of the song played by the DJ is deafening but he never found it too disturbing as there was no roof covering the dancefloor which stood at the centre of the building, making the sound more bearable. Beauty &Rudy was a famous place for young and old people alike mostly because of its unique dancefloor where you can literally  under the sunlight and moonlight, whichever one you prefer. But that's not the only reason he frequented the place. The main purpose was actually in the shape of a well-built young man with stylish silver hair, soft, chubby cheeks, and beautiful eye smile. 

Putting the glass down, Yoongi smirked when he spotted the said person already on the dance floor, grinding his body in the air to the beats, those bedroom eyes staring at him in invitation. As usual, there were always people ogling his supposed date, which was understandable because who won't fall for those grey orbs half-covered by the lids, the plump pink lips that looked so kissable and the on point movement of those God-sculpted body. No one can get their sights off him and it only fueled Yoongi's ego as he was the only one who get the honour to dance with the sinfully attractive male every night. 

"Sorry I'm late." Jimin whispered when the older came close to him, those hands automatically wrapped around his waist. A gasp escaped his plump lips before he could stop himself. Its not the first time they had dance together like this but every time they did, it always felt like the air was being knocked out his lungs. Yoongi's touch had never fail to made him feel things he's never felt before. 

"Don't worry about it." The raven answered, his voice hoarse and low. He let his amusement showed at how his voice affected Jimin so much with the blush creeping onto his lips. He always knew the how his voice always affect those male and female alike and was not afraid to use it. 

Drowned in their own world, the two moved their body in sync, grinding and holding each other as if afraid that when let go, they could never be together again. And that was actually the case. It had been months since they meet like this at the same club every night, only to dance until their body surrendered in exhaustion. And it was beginning to take a toll on them. Not the fatigue but rather... The fact that they're in too deep into each other when it was all supposed to be just a game to run from responsibilities and commitments. They're not supposed to feel attached. 

As they made their way unconsciously to the middle of the floor, something cold and wet touched their hair and exposed skin. 

"Its raining." Jimin said softly. It was indeed, raining and a few people quickly ran toward the roofed area to stay dry. Only a few stayed behind and kept on dancing, uncaring of how they're soaking by now.

Yoongi bit his bottom lips at the sight before him. Those silver strand which Jimin usually styled upward, exposing his forehead, now stuck to his face, making his hands itch to move them out of the way. The water flowed down every curve of his partner's face, across his pointy nose, tanned smooth cheeks and sharp chin. The lights from the club shone on the water and Yoongi swore that Jimin looked ethereal like that, a cross between a beautiful angel and an y incubus. One he would love to keep. 

As the time passed, the drizzle blurred his sight and in turn, pulled him out of his thoughts. No. He's not supposed to have such thoughts. Its all supposed to be just a game. A game should never be mixed with real life. What they had right now was merely a temporary escape. 

Besides, they had agree to make this their final dance rendezvous. 

♪Just a game.
Although we're supposed to rock the floor just for tonight, can no longer take our eyes off each other.
Just a game.
You can call it love or affection, but it's still a mere game,
so at least until the day breaks, I will keep dancing with you.♪

Customers come and go yet the two kept on dancing as if the night would never end. Their bodies had almost dry up after being assaulted by the rain that ended hours ago. Jimin knew that everything would end when the sun rises, but he can't help it that his eyes won't left the handsome face with sharp eyes, thin, pink lips and pale complexion which reddened a little due to the alcohol and heat from their hours of dancing. 

'I love you...' His eyes fell to the floor when the thought that he pushed far to the back of his mind appeared again, as if afraid that Yoongi would be able to read it in his eyes. It was wrong. He's not supposed to feel like this. Not after he's promised not to fall again and not when he knew that all Yoongi ever seem him was as a dance partner. He just took a liking to him because he was a great dancer. That's all to it. Nothing more. That was the reason Jimin requested this. The final meeting. 

Slender fingers touched his chin and lifted his head. Grey eyes met with black one, and Jimin found himself unable to look away. Those eyes that usually shone with amusement seemed a little bit dull and it concerned him. Forcing a smile,  he pulled Yoongi closer and placed his chin on his shoulder as they swayed to the slow music. He had half a mind to think that the dj purposely played the song but shrugged it off so that he could enjoy this while it last. 

♪I remember the color of the setting sun I saw from the passenger seat on that day;
it was the same color as the spotlight that we were standing in.
The badass audio men were firing us up for some Dutty Wine dance
with the killer tune transmitted from the car stereo
At that time, I already knew  (Stand by me, Darling)
that the puzzle I treasured was unsolvable.♪

They can't help but remember the past when their relationship (or whatever it is to be called since they're never official anyway) was about to come to an end. 

Yoongi was dragged to the place near Beauty & Rudy by his friend, Hoseok. There would be a dance competition there and being a passionate dancer, the latter can't help but enter it. Of course, being his closest friend meant that Yoongi had to go and support him doesn't matter how much he would love to just stay at home and sleep the whole day. He won't admit it but he did have a soft spot for that guy despite always coming off as cold and distant. 

There were many people there, not to his surprise but to his disdain as he preferred a more secluded and quiet places. But they were lucky to came early so Yoongi didn't have to get out of his car to watch the competition. So he stayed in the passenger seat, gazing lazily at his excited friend. The sun was setting when the competition started. 

There were cars bumping as the audio was transmitted from the car stereo. It was all hyped up when the Dutty Wine song filled in the atmosphere and the dancers started to dance to the beat. Spectators were cheering and some dance along, riding on the high of the competition. His eyes were trained on Hoseok, naturally. Although he knew his friend was a professional but he can't help but thought how ridiculous the dancing seemed in his eyes. They looked as if they were possessed with how they eagerly moved to the music. Scoffing, he decided to lowered the seat and maybe tried to catch some nap before his eyes landed on someone else. 

It seemed absurd to him, how a creature with such angelic face could dance like that to such song. The way his body moved was like fluid, clean and smooth. The dazed smile on his face showed how much he was enjoying himself despite being in a competition. And words after words started to bombard his mind. Beautiful. Amazing. Wonderful. Adore. Perfect. 

"Ridiculous..." He countered the train of thought and shook his head before quickly lowering the seat and successfully took his most desired nap. 

Later that night, during the celebration of his friend's winning the competition at the club, he found himself unable to look away from the runner up who stood at the other end of the bar, chatting happily with his friends. The first to third winner were invited to have drinks and was allowed to bring their friends for celebration. Somehow, he knew that the guy he saw just before he slept would also be there. With the way he moved, it would be absurd if hr don't even get any place in the competition. There, without further thinking, he secured his first dance with Jimin, which quickly turned into a routine after that. 

Yoongi had never felt both as empty and full as when he was with the male with the softest lips and prettiest smile. Having Jimin to complete the puzzle in his life yet the last piece could never stay. The thought alone drove him crazy. 

♪Just a game.
We were both being awful and toyed with each other, didn't we?
The degree of our stupidity has rendered us hopeless.
Just a game.
Adam and Eve committed a sin a long time ago.
Generations later, the two of us are repeating that same mistake.♪

When it started raining the second time, it was different from the drizzle before. It was pouring hard, as if to chase away every dancer that dared to ignore it hours ago. The couple had to give up and seek for shelter at the bar, both shivering from the cold atmosphere. They sat next to each other, drinks untouched on the bar. 

"So..." Jimin started, unsure. He didn't know what he's supposed to say. He had planned for them to dance until the club closed before saying goodbye and part ways. That way, he don't have to deal with his feelings and thoughts about what to say without accidentally confessing in the midst of the moment. 

Yoongi just hummed in question. 

Again, Jimin worried his lips between his teeth and fiddled with his chubby fingers. He was never good with words. The only time they even converse was on the dance floor, where his confidence level boosted to the max, enabling him to shamelessly flirt when he wanted to, which they usually shrug off as a joke between them. The raven stopped himself from reaching out and slotting their fingers together the way they used to do when they dance. Yoongi found himself missing for the spaces in his hands to be filled. 

"Its the end... Right? Or at least when the rain stopped." Yoongi didn't miss the way his partner quickly looked up in alarm before checking himself to look less panicked and shrugged. "Maybe." He nodded and took his own share of the drink and gulped it in silent. 

Has there ever be hope? If it ever exist, Yoongi was too proud to admit that he wanted something more. 

Jimin turned and took his drink, his eyes blinking rapidly to will the tears away. He didn't know it would hurt this much. 

Should he confess? But he was certain that it would end up in rejection. And Jimin hated that.  He'd rather live not knowing than dealing with being completely rejected. Also, even if he's not rejected, there's still the fear on how the society would judge them. He don't know about Yoongi but he lived based on other's expectation of him. He was scared, so scared of being a disappointment.

♪That bartender who's shaking his shaker loves me tender in his heart.
My heart still throbs at his hand that's handing me a Rum and Coke.
Before morning comes, I want to run away together with you.
I don't care if I don't have an umbrella and become completely soaked.♪

It was annoying at how the bartender kept on glancing at Jimin. He knew from the start that the man wanted Jimin, was told that by the person himself. When the silver-haired guy received another drink, he knew he needed to something when he realised how the bartender purposely brushed his hand against the other. He was jealous. 

💔💔💔

There was also this feeling of guilt because he had fallen for the wrong person. The bartender had been hitting on him since he first came to the bar but he easily dismissed it. Jimin was really a nice person. Even with something he can't help such as falling in love, he still felt guilty to be the source of a heartbreak. He tend to over think and now he was at the point of hyperventilating. 

Bigger hand grabbed his wrist and pulled him away from the bar. He managed to catch a glance at the bartender's fallen expression but had no time to think about it as the rain started hitting him. He looked at the dark locks which were slick with water and ran blindly, following the man before him. Somehow, without thinking, he prayed that things would change now and farewell was nothing but a word that never happened. When they got at the other side of the road, Yoongi suddenly stopped. From behind, his shoulder moved up and down as he tried to regain his breathe. 

"Yoongi...?" He knew being hopeful would hurt him if it didn't happen. But Jimin always hurt himself without wanting to. 

♪Adenine, Thymine, Guanine, Cytosine. There's an attractive force between us at the genomic level.
Who do you think you are at this point?have mercy. There's now a repulsive force called "fate".
I push away and pull closer, pull closer and push away, but there's still something unopposable.
I dance, you make me dance, and I dance more. Are these drops of sweat or tears that are dripping off me?♪

"We still have an hour. Let's dance until then. " Was all Yoongi said without even looking at the male behind him. It was a ridiculous thing to ask. Dancing in the middle of the rain in public just like what usually happened in those cheesy dramas. But Jimin can't find himself to say no. He always find it hard to say no when the raven is involved. It was as if he was a planet orbiting around Yoongi, always attracted to the other and helplessly followed him around. 

Wordlessly, he stepped closer and started humming a melody which only they could hear. It was different from the music in the club. This time, there was no more grinding or grabbing. All they did was hold each other and moved slowly, quickly absorbed in their own temporary world. 

Despite the rain have stopped again as they dance, Jimin's face still seemed to be wet. Be it sweats or tears, both didn't say anything about it. 

♪Why can't I be honest and say I love you?
Why won't you be honest and say you love me?
In the end, we're just both being obstinately prideful.
How stupid! How boring! How it makes me want to cry!
I've only been hurting you.
Just a game...♪

Standing alone at the other side of the street, Yoongi stared at the direction where Jimin's retreating figure finally disappear. This is the end. There will be no more meeting. No more dancing together all night as if they owned the world. 

"Park Jimin... You're the biggest fool of all." He said to himself before shaking his head. "But that doesn't make me less a fool..." 

He had knew it all along. His love for one Park Jimin and the others affection towards him. But none of them say anything. And the fact that he kept on asking for the dance rendezvous despite knowing how much it would make the feelings grow stronger made him felt mean and selfish. He knew Jimin won't say anything and he can't bring himself to confess either. They should have stop the game before its too late. And now, as they had gone down different paths with goodbyes as their last exchanged words the pain started to made itself known after being suppressed for so long. Finally, he let the tears streamed down his face, the same way he let Jimin cried while they had their last dance. 

'Its just a game... One with the worst ending I've ever played...' 

💔💔💔

End! So... How is it? Please let me know in the comments! I hope you're not crying. This is heartbreaking,  I know. I'll try to update my other more cheery story so please leave your comments to give me the encouragement lol. 💞💞💞