a well spent day

I gotta have you

chapter 13

Irene's pov

"ahh I really hate traffic" I was completely frustrated. The day didn't go as I had planned. The sun was already down leaving behind few strikes of rays which were disappearing fast.

"hmm" chanyeol nodded his head in unison.

"can't you give a proper reply, from the moment we've entered the car you haven't clearly replied to my any question" I was completely irritated without any solid reason, No wait, I had a solid reason and I hated being affected by that reason especially in front of chanyeol but I couldn't help it.

 The reason was, a girl came running towards us when chanyeol was about to say something really important to me, i don't know what was that but chanyeol seemed really nervous. she had recognized chanyeol by his eyes (That's what she said but I'm sure that was a lie, she must have seen him when he was fixing his mask and for that he had to take it off).

"oh my god, chanyeol !!! I'm such a big fan of yours" she had said.

" oh thank you " chanyeol was surprised that someone had recognized even through his mask.

" wow !! I'm so damn lucky! Hey everyone look who's here" she had started seeking everyone's attention.

"shh!! You can't tell everyone that I'm here. I'm having some private time right now!" Chanyeol's voice had been a whisper.

"ohh okay, I won't bother you but on one condition" she was demanding.

"what is it?" His voice was still a whisper.

" I've heard that rappers are very good kissers so I just want a single kiss from you and I swear I won't bother you after that" ahh  this girl was very flirty.

"what!!" I and chanyeol had the same reaction but I'm sure that he was enjoying this somewhere deep inside his heart.

After a long talk ,lastly we were able to convince her that chanyeol can't kiss a fan especially at a public place.

" why are you overreacting ? She was just a fan" chanyeol said as if he was trying to prove his innocence.

"I'm not overreacting and what do i care if she's a fan or not!!" I was talking fast. I turned to Suzy and Sehun who were still lost in each other and added "aren't you guys bore yet? You've been staring the same face since the early morning."

 Although I was happy for Suzy but I was envious, envious of the fact that the boy whom she liked was clearly into her. They have been staring each other from the moment chanyeol and sehun had entered our apartment, without uttering a single word.

"ahh I really hate amusement parks, I'll never go there again" I said and threw my purse on chanyeol.

"hey what are you doing? Can't you see I'm driving." Chanyeol was startled.

" can't you see I don't have a place to keep it"  I was not under control

"are you voluntarily trying to pick a fight with me?" Chanyeol seemed confused. "look I'm sorry I don't know what I did but I'm sorry" he added.

"better that you feel guilty!" I was being narcissistic.

He let out a long sigh.

Only a single thing happened that was good enough which was when chanyeol gifted me a small pendant from a local store. Although it didn't have much of material value but it did have a lot of emotional value because I was miracously attracted to it. I hadn't told him that I liked it or I wanted it, he just had seen my eyes on it and bought that for me.

It was a beautiful pendant with a beautiful bird craved on it. "you are as free as this bird and it's your best quality" he had said to me before gifting it to me.

I clutched the pendant in my palm as if I could still feel chanyeol's touch on it.

Suddenly my phone vibrated and I checked whose message made it vibrate. It was Ariel's. "hey, Suzy I've got Ariel's message"

On listening this, Suzy snapped out of her dreamy stare. "what does it say?"

"it says that she is back in town and she in front of our flat but it is locked. "

"what! She is back? I missed her so much" Suzy was acting like a kid which was an awe for sehun.

"yap! By the way chanyeol,  the party you told about, can I bring her as well? Pleeeaasee" I asked him.

"okay! But make sure that you all don't create any trouble because there will be many important guests who are interested in our album"  he was being cautious.

"yayh yayh" I waved away his cautiousness.

"wow I love parties, dancing, drinks everything!!" Suzy exclaimed in joy.

"would you like to be my dance partner for the party?" Sehun asked shyly.

"oh okay" Suzy seemed nervous.


"this is a mask party so don't forget your masks!" Chanyeol said excitedly and turned the radio on its full volume. I texted back to Ariel that we'll be there in few minutes and then tuned in the radio.

Shimin's pov

We were running towards infinity, hand in hand.

Sun rays falling on his face highlighted his cheek bones. He was glowing, glowing so brightly that I couldn't look away. I was dragged by this angelic beauty. For the first time in all these times I saw him smiling, really smiling. Enjoying the moment. For a moment I was lost in him, I couldn't remember what was going on until he snapped me out " hey stop dreaming and keep pace with me. They are still following us " he said breathing hoarsely and still smiling.

"yeah I'm trying but your speed is too much" I didn't have much air in my lungs.

"god! this is so much fun" he said to no one in particular.

"huh! Maybe" I replied.

He swerved his direction and I regulated my speed accordingly. "where's the bike? I can't run anymore" I was tired.

"we are almost there" he said.

We could hear the men chasing us, cursing us for being fast.

Suddenly he stopped and i noticed the bike right in front of us. Kris searched for the keys in his pocket.

"fast , fast , hurry up" the men were coming near.

"got it" Kris pulled the keys out and started the bike. I jumped on the seat behind him and momentarily he lost his balance but soon he regained it. "go, go, go" I chanted.

And with full speed we left those men behind. "Now that's what frolicking is!" He exclaimed with joy.

"maybe you should say, that's what dodging a bullet is!" I shouted near his ear.

"nahh.. It was fun" he shouted back.

"you got a weird opinion, huh?"  I was glad that we were away from that alley.

"nope, just an adventurous one!"

We rode in silence for about half an hour. "where are we going?" I asked.

"I don't know, I don't recognize this place" Kris sounded confused.

"what? So what are we gonna do now?" I asked and suddenly I saw blood dripping from his arm. "hey, stop the bike!" I commanded with an alarmed tone.

"what? Why". He asked.

"just do as i say" I was tough this time.

"look, I wasn't born to follow anyone's command, I do as i wish." He said narcissistically.

"uhh!! Stop having so much of self assurance and see there's blood coming out from your arm. Isn't it the same arm where you were already injured."

"oh well yeah, it seems like it. I guess I might have got a scratch from a stone while I was 'wrestling' with that dumba**. It's no big deal" he said this just by giving a single look at his arm.

"no one asked your opinion. Your arm was already injured, now it has a cut as well. So stop the bike cause i need to treat it"

"okay then wait for a few minutes, I just saw a board saying that there is a countryside inn nearby. We'll have something to eat and then you can certainly treat my cut"

"but you are bleeding too much, this can't wait!" I had urgency in my tone.

"I'm compromising with you so you should too"

"okay but make sure it's fast"

He simply nodded.

After a few more minutes in silence we reached the restaurant about which Kris had told. He stopped the bike and signalled me to get down. The Inn wasn't a big one instead it looked like a place where the 'Almighty Kris' would never like to go. Many countryside people were visible inside through the glass door.

"what are you waiting for? Let's go in! I'm just too hungry to waste a single second" he said and made his way through the door.
 I followed him inside.

"they all seem like countryside people, they won't recognize me!" He was smiling, damn smiling, throughout the time. For the first time he was showing me his soft side. It was luring.

"guys! What would you like to have " a man with a cowboy hat asked us as soon as we entered there.

"firstly a seat" Kris said.

" oh yeah, sorry I forgot. There" he pointed towards a table " you can sit there"

"thanks" we took the seats around the table.

" give me whatever you have good to eat. I'm really hungry" Kris said in a happy tune.

"sure bro " he said and left.

"I love countryside places" Kris rubbed his hands together.

"should I treat your wound now?" I asked.

"no need, I'll just go and wash it . It's not that deep" he said and went to wash his hand.

I focused on the small stage right in front where a man with long beards was singing a soft classic song.

The food came. There were tacos and french fries.
"where's your boyfriend, lady?" The man who got us the food asked.
"uhm he isn't my-" I was interrupted by Kris.

"I'm right here" he said coming towards us.
Thinking him as my boyfriend made my heart flutter.

He sat down and as soon as he finished his taco, we heard the performer calling out
 "who's gonna join me for a song ".

"meee--" Kris said in childish tone, got up and went towards the stage.
 
Seeing this side of Kris was so overwhelming. I couldn't help smiling.

They began with a sweet, soft and melodious music. Kris's voice was so pleasant, so heart touching, so angelic.

People all around me were humming along with them and were swaying to the slow beat. First few songs went on like that but suddenly they both picked up a rocking beat with drums and a DJ.

"yeah!!" The crowd cheered and everyone started their 'disco dance'. I was sticking to my position. I wanted to move but I ain't a good dancer. Kris got of the stage, still singing with a mike in his hand. He walked towards me.

"no, no" I muttered. I knew what was he up to.

" yeahh" he said with an evil grin and took me by the hand.

"I'm not dancing " I whispered. I had a smile on my face.

"you are sweetheart!" He said with the same grin. And pulled me towards himself by my hand. "we're gonna do some rock dance" he said when I got closer to him because of his pull.

All we did after that was jumping up and down, swaying left and right, shouting and hooting and enjoying to the fullest during which many people passed by saying that we looked good together. After the dance was over, Kris stayed to play chess with the owner of the inn. Actually the owner of the inn had challenged Kris by saying " you look like a smart young fellow, would you like to bet me on chess, huh? And if I win, you gotta sing a song specially for me."

"why not ! Challenge accepted. And if I win, you gotta give me a free taco" Kris accepted the challenge.

 Throughout the game, they were surrounded by people, who were cheering for them.

The conclusion of the game was that Kris had to sing another song for the owner of the inn. Kris seemed like he didn't mind losing instead he was enjoying it.

And without being noticed, the whole day was spent. I had a great day and I was glad that my day was spent with him.

"Kris, I think we should go. It's getting dark outside" I said Kris as soon as he finished his song.

"yeah, I think the same" Kris said to me and turned towards the people with whom we spent the day. " I had a great day, thanks to you all but sadly we gotta take our leave" he said with a hearty tone.

"we too had a great day, thanks to you. Make sure you come again" the inn owner said with parental smile. And I gave him a warm smile.

We both left the inn and rode back on Kris's bike. On the way I said to him " it was good to see you smile"

"it was good to spend a day with you" he replied. His reply made my heart flutter.

And then we rode in silence until we reached my apartment.

"thanks "

He nodded and said "don't forget to come tomorrow in the party and make sure you wear a mask cause it's a mask party" 

And after saying this he left. God!! He was so good today. I liked this side of his. I was glad that I was able to see this side of his. I wish he continues to be like this, smart, handsome and kind.