Lollipops and Yoongi

Lollipops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Should I go or not? Then I went. Should I do it or not? Then I did it. Saying this is so hard. I love you"

 

 

~

 

 

 

Term break. Yoongi always loved term break. For his hectic university life it was a gift from the heavens. He could do anything he wants for fifteen days which was to laze around and sleep all day. 


"Hyung!" A young tall man with a rectangular smile came running to him, hands waving in the air, and Yoongi worried he might trip over his own feet due to all his excitement.


Yoongi only looked at the younger when he stopped panting in front of him. The younger extended a hand, motioning for him to wait until he catches his breath. Yoongi raised a brow. 


"Taehyung...hurry up. I want to go back to the dorms already" 


"Okay" Taehyung says, still panting. He finally stood up straight, fixing his clothes and his messed up hair from all the running. "We are planning to have a getaway for the term break and we want you to come along" he smiles, his large eyes forming crescents. 


Yoongi instantly shakes his head. No. He was not going. Four months of being sleep deprived was too much and the term break was the perfect moment to catch on all the sleep he missed. 


The younger whines like a little child, attaching himself to Yoongi's arm. "Please, hyung? We will all be there, Namjoon hyung, Jin hyung, Hobi hyung, chimchim, and kookie, please!" Yoongi only narrowed his eyes at the younger, still in refusal. 


"I don't want to go" Yoongi persists, now pushing away Taehyung's face which was sending him an ugly pout and puppy eyes. "I plan to spend my term break alone with my bed" he says determined to stand his ground at Taehyung's invitation. 


The hell was he going? Term break is term break and it was meant to be two weeks of not doing anything for people like him, so no, he was not going. 


-


"I hate you guys, you can all go to ing hell" Yoongi mumbled under his breath, being forced inside the car. 


His friends only laughed at his misery, finding his tantrum adorable. Yoongi glared at the boy with the rectangular smile, sending him his coldest look but the younger only smiled brightly, totally unfazed of his wrath. Yoongi sighs in defeat and let himself sink in the leather seat of Jin's van. 


Min Yoongi did not even know how Taehyung managed to drag him along. All he knows was when he got back to the dorm, all his things were packed and that's when he realized his friends planned to drag him along with or without his approval. Such good friends he has.


It was a bummer really. Min Yoongi really did want to sleep but then maybe spending his term break with his closest friends was not such a bad idea after all. 


The trip was long, almost five to six hours and Yoongi does not even know where the hell they were going. After they reached the end of the city, Yoongi could only see greens and clear blue skies, and it was refreshing in some way. This is his kind of road trip, far away from the busy buzzing city and nothing but the calm wind and scenery. Jin would stop occasionally for the boys to have potty breaks and to refill their stomachs with snacks. The youngest was the most excited about the stops, freaking Jungkook cannot hold his bladder well. 


"Okay boys we're here!" Jin announces his plump pink lips in a wide smile. He got loud response from the over excited boys except for Yoongi who slept peacefully by the window, earplugs and loud music on. Namjoon held a finger to his lips, shushing his noisy friends. Then he winked. 


They were best of friends and playing a prank on their grumpiest friend was dangerous but what do they have to lose? It was term break and they're going to make the most out of it. 


Yoongi was left in the van, parked in the vacant lot behind the vacation house that Taehyung's family owned. He slept so soundly, undisturbed with his music that was until a tapping on the glass window, where his head leaned on, woke him up. 


He was always grumpy when he wakes up from a disturbed sleep but now he was grumpier realizing his of friends left him in the van alone. The tapping continued and with an annoyed groan and look of irritation on his face he turned to the annoying er who kept tapping the glass window, the sound now irritating Yoongi even more. 


It was a girl, probably fifteen or sixteen, she had a wide smile on her pretty face. Wait. Yoongi did not just call this girl pretty. 


She kept tapping on the window so Yoongi had no choice but to roll down the window, angrily.


"What?" He snapped but the girl did not seem to mind, in fact she ignored it and smiled even brighter. Too bright, Yoongi thought, even brighter than Hoseok and he has the brightest smile out of the people that Yoongi knew. 


"Do you want some lollipop?" She beams at him, three enormous colorful lollipops in her tiny hand. 


What the ? Yoongi was so close to shouting at the girl, who just disturbed his sleep, irritating him with her tapping and her bright smile that Yoongi can't help think was beautiful. 


"I don't like sweets" He replies with a smoke angrily puffing out of his nose. "Go away, girl, go home it's already dark" he shooed the girl away, then turning to put his phone and earplugs inside his bag. 


The girl only pouted and frowned, utter dislike can be read on her face. Yoongi looked to her again with a sassy curve of a brow. "What? I said go home little girl" he says and was surprised when the girl crossed her arms, puffing the hair that fell to her face. 


"I am not a little girl" she hisses then walked away stomping, leaving Yoongi dumbfounded. 


What the was that? Yoongi whispers to himself. He shakes his head and rolls his eyes. Finishing what he was doing, he stepped out of the van, closing the door with a loud banghe was angry as at his friends and everything—then loud yells from inside the house can be heard, which Yoongi reckon was Taehyung telling everyone that Yoongi was already awake and probably on his way to kill everyone. 


Taehyung was right. Yoongi was going to kill everyone and he was going to make it as gore as possible.


-


Yoongi did kill them, well with his glares and constant strings of curses which were cut by Seokjin who threw a pink marshmallow to his face. Yoongi wondered where the hell that pink marshmallow came from.


After Yoongi had cooled down, their first night began. They started with a couple of beer and some fried chicken that Seokjin cooked—when Yoongi was sleeping in the van—which was delicious as ever. Yoongi considers himself lucky that he was friends with someone like Seokjin and luckier that he gets to eat his home-cooked meals because when Yoongi stepped into university, he had been eating nothing but fast food and instant noodles. Their casual drinking turned into a rowdy party when Jungkook turned up the speakers with Fire and Taehyung coming from the kitchen, had stacks of other alcohol in his arms. Everyone stood up to dance, Namjoon particularly doing such awkward body rolls while Seokjin did a flap with his long arms. Only Jimin, Jungkook and Hoseok were dancing to the actual choreography while Taehyung, weird and bubbly Taehyung, was sprawled on the expensive cashmere carpet making what he calls 'dust angel'. Yoongi only sat on the floor, back leaned back to the couch behind him, sipping his fifth can of beer of the nightthe others offered him a shot of tequila and vodka but he refused. He has such weird friends but they make up to his introverted personality. He likes them. 


Hyung!" Taehyung shouts from the carpet.  "Join us!" then he was giggling like a little child after. Taehyung was having so much fun making his dust angels. 


"I am" Yoongi shortly replies and the younger mumbles incoherent words. 


"You're just sitting there!" The younger shouts back. Yoongi only sighs. There was no use talking to Taehyung. He was drunk. Hell, all of them were drunk but only Yoongi seem to be in his right state of mind despite already feeling tipsy. 


Yoongi stands up, groaning when his head spins. "You guys are impossible" he says after recovering from his spinning head. He walks to the kitchen, places the half-empty can of beer on the expensive mahogany table, and opens the fridge for water. Yoongi groans in delight when the cool liquid ran down his throat, sobering him up a bit. "That hit the spot" he whispers to himself before returning to the messed up living room with the pitcher of cold water in his hand. He did not bother to take the can of beer he left on the table. He did not feel like drinking anymore since the responsibility of taking care of his drunken friends was his for the night. 


"You guys drink up" he says but everyone thought he meant the beer so they all chugged down the can of alcohol in their hands. Yoongi stopped them with a frustrated scream, hands flailing in the air. "No you idiots! I meant the water!" He pointed to the water in his hand. "Drink some ing water since you guys are already drunk as !" He puts down the pitcher of water on the floor, next to Taehyung's head then walked out of the house. As much as Yoongi loves his friends, he hates it when they become uncontrollable when they drink. 


He was back to the van. He leaned back on the vehicle, wishing that he brought his phone and earplugs along. 


"You're back!" A small familiar voice rips through the silence. Yoongi turned his head only to groan realizing it was the girl with a beautiful smile from earlier. She ran to Yoongi, and it was only then that Yoongi noticed the blue dress she wore. Florals. Cute and feminine. "Would you like some lollipop?" She offers again, flashing the same beautiful smile that Yoongi can't help but compare to Hoseok's. Looks like Hoseok is going to have some competition when it comes to Yoongi's favorite smile. 


"For the second time—" Yoongi did not finish his words since the girl backed away, nose crinkled in disgust. "What?" He raises his brows. 


"Yuck" the girl grimaced, placing a hand on her nose to block the pungent smell coming from Yoongi. "You smell like alcohol"


Yoongi rolls his eyes. "Of course I do. I've been drinking and you little girl should stop offering strangers lollipops so late at night. Why don't you go home to your mommy and daddy, huh? Yeah?" Leaning down a little to level the girl's small height, he patted her head like she was a little puppy. 


Again, Yoongi was able to witness the cute frown on the girl's face, followed by a groan. He could already see her shouting "I am not a little girl" with her arms crossed and stomping away from him but she did not. Instead, she clicked her tongue, forced the two lollipops in Yoongi's hands—which were three earlier as Yoongi recalls—and puffs at her hair angrily.


"I am not a little girl" Yoongi smirks, totally predicting that she would say that. "I am already twenty years old and enjoy the lollipops" then she walks away leaving Yoongi agape. 


There was no way in hell that the girl was twenty years old. She was so small and she looked so young. If she said she was seventeen then Yoongi would have believe her but twenty? It was impossible! She looked much younger than that! Shaking his head in disbelief, Yoongi tucks the lollipop in the pocket of his hoodie and went back to the house to check on his drunken friends whose asses are probably wasted and passed out all over the living room.


--


Occasional groans and moans reached Yoongi's ears as he sat in the living room, a smirk playing at his lips. It was so entertaining to watch his friends suffer from hangover and he did not do anything to help them. It was his revenge for not letting him sleep all night. Yoongi took care of their asses last night, running from one place to another just to make sure they would not throw up on the floor or in one of the vases that decorated the vacation house. 


"I feel so betrayed that Yoongi hyung is not suffering with us" Jimin groans on the couch, hand flying to his aching head. Yoongi only hums arrogantly not even minding to make a comeback. 


"Yoongi?" The oldest called, wobbling as he descended from the stairs. Yoongi snapped his head up to his pink loving friend. Seokjin reaches out a hand for help. Yoongi sighs and stands up from the comfort of the soft couch and walked to his friend who might probably throw up any moment. "Thank you". Yoongi helped the older sit down on the couch and sitting after. "Since you are the only one who seems to be well, why don't you make us breakfast? I can't do anything in this state. My head feels like it's about to burst" Seokjin groans, his heavy head falling back to the couch. 


Yoongi at an instant refuses, complaining that he can't even make himself a decent meal much more for them. That was until Taehyung came crawling from the bathroom connected to the kitchen. What the ? Yoongi hissed under his breath. Seokjin caught on that and throws one of the pillows from the couch directly to his face. 


"My—my cousin, hyung!" Taehyung bit the inside of his cheek as he could feel the bile rising up to his throat again. "She's a great cook and she makes amazing sweets too!" He smiles only for it to disappear as he covers his mouth with his hand and baby crawled again to the bathroom. 


"Cousin?!" Yoongi yells loud enough for his puking friend to hear. After a couple of groans and disgusting grunts, a flush of the toilet and Taehyung was back again, still crawling since his head was spinning. 


"She lives next door. Her name is Ina and she's very nice" Taehyung smiles before plopping down the floor, face first. 


Yoongi closes his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose; he thought his work from last night was over. "Very well, since I am still so kind I will go to this cousin of yours and maybe ask her to make you all some hangover soup". Seokjin mutters thank you and so does Taehyung, and then Yoongi was out the door. 


--


The house next to the Kim's was a lot simpler, smaller. Unlike the enormous and obviously expensive vacation house, it was more adorable and humble. The roof in an adorable shade of rusty red, the outer walls painted cream, the window borders were wooden and in a fading color of blue. Blooming plants also surrounded the house, giving it a much homey vibe. It was the typical countryside home.


Yoongi liked it. 


The walk to the neighboring house was short, with a crumble of the tiny pebbles under Yoongi's feet. Reaching the door, and looking down the doorstep to look at the rug "home sweet home" it says with a small lollipop embroidered at the bottom right, somewhat reminding Yoongi of the lollipops that the girl from last night gave. 


One. Two. Three knocks. Yoongi was about to knock the fourth time when the door swings opens and reveals the same little girl from last night. She was in a green striped long-sleeved shirt and pink pajama pants that were a tad too long—almost covering most of her small feet. Her hair was in a messy bun and she was rubbing her swollen eyes. It was obvious she had just woken up. 


Yoongi, upon seeing the girl, could feel a tint of blush coloring his cheeks. He thought she was adorable last night, all smiles and lollipops, but seeing her now wearing oversized clothes made her more adorable. The sweet mango scent of her hair lightly brushed Yoongi's nose and almost thought of pulling the adorable girl in his arms and squeeze her.  What the hell Yoongi, contain yourself.


"Lollipops" was the first word that Yoongi said, oh how he wanted to hit himself hard on the face right now; that was such an inappropriate way to greet his friends cousin in the morning. The girl slowly looked up, a look of surprise in her widened eyes, and then she smiled brightly, the same beautiful smile. Yoongi closed his eyes. Too bright. He thought. He cannot take anymore brightness. 

"Did you like my lollipops?" The girl asks, voice slightly cracking as she had just awoken but Yoongi still finds it cute. Oh, the lollipopsHoseok and Jimin ate them all.


Just then, another person came, a male. Yoongi could see a close resemblance between the two and thought they must be siblings. "What lollipops?" The newcomer asks, dressed in the same clothes as the girl. Matching sibling pajamas. Cute. The obviously younger male looks to Yoongi, then to the girl, a teasing smile spreading across his face. "You gave him one of your lollipops, nana?" The younger male says in a foreign language, English, and thankfully Yoongi knows enough English to understand him. 


The girl grimaces, pushing away the young male. "Shut up, Joshua" she countered in the same language. When the young male was already out of sight, the girl turns back to Yoongi with smile, making the latter suddenly tense up in surprise. "I'm sorry about my brother, he's an idiot" she says with a genuine smile and in Hangul this time. Thank goodness. "What brings you here?" She asks, probably not noticing how her voice went up higher. 


"Uh, Kim Taehyung said his cousin lives next door and we badly need someone to make them hangover soup since they're pretty much wasted" Yoongi scratched the back of his neck, looking away in shyness he did not even know he had. Why the was he shy and why the was he blushing? 


"Oh...so taetae is back" The girl says more to herself, making Yoongi whip his head at his friend's nickname. They would call Taehyung taetae sometimes too. "I thought you were just some random good-looking person having a stopover" she giggles. 


Yoongi could feel himself blushing even more. The girl just called him good-looking. He let out an awkward cough before straightening his posture as if he was not flustered by the girl calling him good-looking. "Are you Ina?" The girl nods. "Can you...uh...I'm sorry about last night" he scratches the back of his neck, an action that the girl took note he does when he's being shy. It was cute. "Can you help my friends?" Yoongi tentatively begs, Ina only brightly smiles at him, confusingly making his heart beat a little faster.


-


Namjoon. Seokjin. Hoseok. Jimin. Jungkook. Taehyung. Yoongi managed to gather all of them in the large living room, the hyungs on the couches while the maknaes on the carpeted floor. They were all passed out, Jungkook mumbling on about how he wanted to play Overwatch and watch Iron Man.


The kitchen was filled with clanking of pots, and the sound of knife meeting the wooden chopping board. Ina and her brother, Joshua, came to cook hangover soup—Yoongi did not even know why he felt disappointed when the other sibling came along. Taehyung welcomed his cousins earlier with a big hug and his rectangular smile only to run to the bathroom again. 


"The soup is done!" Ina calls from the kitchen, her loud excited voice causing more headaches to the men suffering from hangover. 


Yoongi would have laughed if it wasn't for Seokjin's glaring eyes warning him, or probably challenging to let out that laugh. 


They all managed to reach the dining table, a bowl of Kimchi stew each in front of them. Ina with a smile gestured for them to taste it, bragging that it is her and her brother's specialty. Yoongi, however, can't help but feel small tingles of jealousy in the pit of his stomach. He scolded himself in his head. He had just met Ina and being jealous over her own sibling was stupid. Well...Yoongi taking a liking to the girlwhom he was so irritated at last night and called a little girl because she does look like a little girl but now thinks she is cute and her smile beautifulmore stupid since he just met her last night. 


Yoongi shakes his head. He seriously needs a girlfriend. He'd been single for too long.

 

"This is so good, Ina!" Taehyung exclaims, smile genuine. This made the siblings smile, Joshua, draping an arm over his sister's shoulders. 


"Of course it's good, Tae" Joshua claims. Taehyung only laughed while the rest of the boys only grinned. But Yoongi, oh poor and stupid Yoongi, was trying his best not to get affected by Ina's beautiful smile. She was practically shining that Yoongi almost covers his eyes. She was like a ray of sunshine almost like Hoseok. 


It was only safe to say that Yoongi was developing a one-sided crush on Kim Taehyung's cousin. 


-


"Oh, so you and I are the same age?!" Jungkook gasps in surprise, Ina nodding along. 

 

The group of boys decidedafter having recovered from their of a hangoverthat they go over Taehyung's family farm. The boy would not stop talking about it so they all agreed to go to make him shut up. They even invited the Hong siblings along, which Yoongi was delighted of course.


He silently thanked Seokjin.

 

The mere presence of Ina made Yoongi feel bubbly, a little bit happier, but he tries not to show it, putting on his default bored face. He had also accepted that he does indeed taken a fancy to the girl. That's why as they strolled through the grassy path to the farm, Yoongi though engaged in a conversation with Namjoon and Joshua, can't help but let his ears catch on Ina and Jungkook talking. He was being ridiculous, yes, but he was just curious about her stories and eavesdropping was to be the safest way—for now—to listen.


"But you don't call Tae hyung, oppa? And your brother, you said he's older than you by a year but you call him by his name?" Jungkook asks, question after question, but the kind girl did not mind. She was enjoying the conversation since she did not have that much many friends and Jungkook was a nice person to talk to. He was good at making the conversation going. 


"I guess it's a western thing? We grew up in the States and came to Korea when I was only nine...and taetae does not seem to mind, so yeah" she explains to which Jungkook only nodded in understanding. 


That makes sense. Yoongi was wondering how she and her brother were so fluent in English and also the absence of honorifics. 


"Can I ask you something, Jungkook?" The girl whispers, leaning in closer to Jungkook. Yoongi frowns. He did not like that. 


"Yeah sure" Jungkook smiles, completely unaware of his hyung throwing daggers at the back of his head.


Ina for a second looked back over her shoulder to Yoongi's direction. The latter, surprised, tensed up and almost jumping. The girl grins then goes back to leaning close to Jungkook's ear. "What's his name?" 


Jungkook, confused at the question, looked behind them. He sees the rest, so he turned back to the girl with the question "Who?" 


Ina pointed to the back "The pale guy with black hair?" She points out hoping that Jungkook will get it this time. 


He did. Jungkook smiled widely, bunny tooth showing and eyes forming wrinkled crescents. He gets a little closer, and the girl leans to him. "That's Min Yoongi hyung" he whispers with a little laugh. His eyes were shining in mischief but tender. Jungkook knew that Ina was interested in his grumpy hyung. He could see it since earlier back at the house, while the others were busy with the soup, Ina had her eyes in hearts, looking at Yoongi. 


"Oh...Yoongi" Ina tests the name on her tongue, and then bit her lip to contain her fangirl feels. Min Yoongi was such a nice name and fits him. Cool. 


"Do you like Yoongi hyung?" Jungkook boldly asks.


"Yes" Ina answers in an instant which only made the smile on Jungkook's face wider. "I really think he's cool and beautiful" 


"Beautiful? Not handsome?" 


The girl nods. "Yep...not handsome but beautiful" 


"Okay...if you say so" then Jungkook laughs, catching everyone's attention. They all looked to the duo curious about what they could be laughing about but they only giggled. Yoongi at the back had a dark expression clouding on his face. He was not even listening anymore to the deep words that Namjoon was mumbling. Boy was he feeling so jealous.


--


Two days. Yoongi poked at his untouched food, palm under his chin and tongue running on his bottom lip out of boredom. The food Seokjin makes are the best but at the moment, Yoongi did not feel like eating the scrumptious dinner his friend had made. The reason for this blue Yoongi was none other than Ina. She was to blame though without meaning to. Yoongi was just sad that he did not get to see even just a ray of her bright smile for two days. 

After they went to the farm, the only thing he remembers of her was waving to them goodbye and walking off with her brother. Yoongi did not even get to enjoy his time at the farm since all his friends ever did was take photos with the animals, Namjoon particularly so immersed in taking a selfie with a freaking goat. Yoongi wanted so bad to at least talk to the girl but the youngsters, Jungkook, Taehyung and fluffy Jimin, were pulling the Hong siblings

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter