Epilogue

Spring Break Misson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3k words

 

 

All Yifan can see around him is white. No he’s not in a room. Nor in a blooming garden. Everything is just plain white. Maybe he’s dead. Or maybe he’s been cursed. But that can’t be, he was just sleeping, wasn’t he?

 

Where am I?


"Yifan." A soft but sultry voice calls him. 

 

The voice. 

 

He searches for the voice as it rings closer to him. And all of a sudden, he’s on a soft mattress with Junmyeon trapped underneath him.

What-?

Junmyeon starts to run his delicate hands from Yifan’s stomach up to his chest until it tangle in Yifan’s locks. "Kiss me?" The elder pulls him down enough for him to whisper ghostly on Yifan’s lips. 

He wastes no time to close his eyes and leans down to capture his lover’s lips. But instead of feeling a pair of lips, his face meets with something small and furry. Astonished, he opens his eyes and Junmyeon is no longer under him but he is replaced with a rabbit. 

 

A fluffy pink rabbit.


What the ?

 

"Yifan."

 

There it is again. The voice. But this time, it sounded stern instead of the velvety tone. 
As if he is being scolded. 
He turns around and immediately a pillow is swung at him in a full force, sending him tumbling backwards.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"-fan......FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YIFAN WAKE UP!"

He’s being awakened by a pillow hitting on his face repeatedly. Unconsciously, his hands tries to stop the impact but instead, his boyfriend’s voice becomes louder and clearer. "Yifan, it’s already 11 in the morning. If you’re not going to wake up now, you’ll overslept."

Slowly, he flutters his eyes open, revealing his bloodshot eyes. A growl almost escape his throat if it weren’t for his view of Junmyeon standing in front of a mirror. With his dizzy mind, he can barely see his lover buttoning up his shirt. "I thought you took a day off today?" Yifan croaks, throat dry and in demand of water.

"I am. But I need to stop by the office for a while. Something urgent came up."

"But I need you right now." Yifan childishly whines, motions for Junmyeon to come closer with his hands. The latter rolls his eyes before striding towards him. "Wu Yifan, what you need right now is to get up and head to class." Since Yifan is not even budging, the smaller male pulls off the thick blanket from the bed, revealing Yifan’s bottom. "—argh! Why didn’t you put your boxers on?!" he shrieks in horror.

Yifan sits up at the end of the bed with a smirk and pulls Junmyeon in between his legs. "Now now. Why are you shy all of sudden? It’s not like you haven’t seen it before. Let alone—"  

"Okay, stop! It’s too early for this. Now put some clothes on and eat your already cold breakfast."

Yifan sighs, hands reaching for his boxers on the ground. Here he thought he would get to wake up with Junmyeon’s body pressed against his. Turns out, Junmyeon seems busy in getting ready for work when in fact, he is on his day off.

"You made breakfast?" The taller scratches his head, following Junmyeon out from his room and heads to the kitchen. He’s not at all surprised to see the usual toast and a cup of coffee beside the plate. “Aww you love me." Yifan coos, picking up the mug before taking a sip.

"Of course I do." Junmyeon leans down to peck on his lover’s cheeks, not forgetting to grab the cartoon socks on the chair beside Yifan. The socks, Yifan recognise it. He remembers that socks as their first couple item that he had bought for their anniversary. People would’ve expected something sweet like roses or box of chocolates. But Junmyeon prefers Yifan’s gift over anything else. Besides, chocolates and roses have been overdone. "Oh and don’t forget for tonight’s event. I called your mom and she told me that you should fetch your suit later."

"You called Mama?"

"Yeah. She insist on picking the suit for you since she has better taste than you. Which is not wrong."

Hmm that’s something Yifan can’t argue about. With his half sleepy mind, he leans his back at the countertop and opens his arms wide, indicating a hug from his boyfriend. Junmyeon shakes his head at his clingy boyfriend before falling into his arms. Instead of an innocent hug, Yifan suddenly brushes his lips under Junmyeon’s jaw. He tenderly leaves open mouth kisses on the soft pale skin and gently it, earning a groan from Junmyeon.

"Yifan, didn’t I say not to leave any marks where people can see?" the smaller male sighs but still, he cranes his neck to give Yifan more access. "What can I do, your shoulder is not visible." Yifan hums, mouth moving along Junmyeon’s neck. "Mmm I thought we agreed for round two in the morning?"

The moment is instantaneously killed by Junmyeon pulling his head back and flicks at Yifan’s forehead. The younger scrunches his face at the painful hit. "OWWW"

"That’s what you said last night. Until I found you snoring and sleeping like a log."

"Fine. It’s my fault." he rubs his abused forehead. Feeling guilty, Junmyeon is a soft person after all so he ends up giving Yifan one long kiss on the lips before retreating and picks up his suitcase. "I’ll see you tonight."

Just like that, his lover is out of the door. Without him realizing, Yifan’s lips tug upward while he is left staring at the breakfast Junmyeon had prepared.

It’s crazy how time flies just in a blink of an eye. If he calculates correctly, it’s been 5 months since Florida and Yifan can say things are going great for him.

Even if his place is one hour away from Junmyeon, but both of them would find a way to make it work. Most of the time, it’s Yifan who would stay the night at Junmyeon’s house. Overnight at the college dorms is not an option, of course. But only a very few times, Junmyeon would sneak into Yifan’s room on the weekends because the latter is too busy to go out. After all, Yifan is a college student. However, being with Yifan, it reminds Junmyeon of the things he should’ve done in his college days. For short, it made him feel like a teenager again.

 

The spare time that both of them have, they learn to cherish it together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Hello?"

"Mama? It’s me. Your beloved son."

"Oh Baobei! I was about to call you." The voice on the other line softens just like every other time she would talk to her son. "Did you pick up your suit that I chose?"

"I’m wearing it." Yifan replies, balancing the phone in between his ear and shoulder as he buttons his sleeves. When he’s done, he steps back from the mirror to look at himself. Dang. Mothers do know best.

"Hope it suits you. Anyways, ask Henry to send me the monthly report by tomorrow. I know my baobei is busy with college stuff, so please don’t stress too much on the business. We hire Henry for a reason."

"I’m doing fine, Mama. We have lots of great workers.” Glancing at his wristwatch, Junmyeon is quite late than their planned time. They’re supposed to leave at half past seven and yet, the latter’s black suit still lies untouched on the bed. “I’ve been told to send Song Qian there. What’s that all about?"

“Just minor problem with her design. It’s nothing to worry about. So uhh when are you and Baba arriving?”

"Next week. Tell Junmyeon to spare time for dinner. I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter