scared -

thunder, lightning, & tight hugs

 

 

The boys are having trouble sleeping in their respective rooms, - darkness surrounded them, and the only thing they could hear is the booming sound of the thunder outside their windows and the heavy drops of rain falling on their roof. Some of them are just aimlessly staring at their ceilings; like Jongdae and Junmyeon, not bothering to speak with each other – comfortable with their own silence. Baekhyun was the opposite, though – as all he did was loudly spout out song lyrics, much to his dormmate, Sehun’s dismay, covering his face with his pillow to prevent the former from disturbing his alone time. Also, Yixing was well – aware that his dormmates are now sunggling, but he didn’t want to point it out as he saw Kyungsoo peacefully smiling while Jongin runs his fingers along his hair. But at least he wasn’t Sehun who was trying not to desperately snap Baekhyun’s neck.

 

 

Minseok was neither of anyone, for thunders aren’t really his thing.

 

 

He cowered under his blankets, keeping his eyes close shut as he flinches whenever he hears the slightest sound of a thunder, much worse if it’s the cackling of lightning – and it wasn’t oblivious to the person he was sharing the room with, Park Chanyeol.

 

 

The younger looked at his hyung closely, the way his body shivered under the covers. It was the first time Chanyeol saw the older frightened, and all he wanted to do is pull him in his arms and whisper nonsense things into the latter’s ears to make Minseok forget about what was happening outside. There, hearing his soft whimpers that he was trying not to let Chanyeol hear, - even when the latter does – made Chanyeol even more determined to comfort his sweet, little, fragile Minseok.

 

 

It isn’t a that much of a secret that he is (secretly) inlove with the older.

 

 

Baekhyun was the first one to know about it, given the fact that he’s Chanyeol’s bestfriend – and that he was really nosy – made the older knew his well-hid feelings for their oldest. It wasn’t long enough until Jongdae walked in on them talking so seriously about it and found out too. Even him and Baekhyun started talking about it secretly non-stop, even getting the two alone and take discreet pictures and stuff. Chanyeol secretly loved it, but of course, he just rolled his eyes at them just to hide the truth from the duo. He would always try to look confuse as Minseok as to why Jongdae and Baekhyun trapped them inside their own room –  “It was an accident. I swear.” – before Chanyeol taking up the courage to ask the older about his day.

 

 

The sound of booming thunder snaps Chanyeol back to reality, and a few hiccups from the person trembling on the bed across him that got him to mutter some incoherent words before standing up and walking towards Minseok’s bed. However, when he was almost at the tip of his bed, he backed out and got his phone to message Baekhyun and Jongdae about his situation.

 

 

It was a bad idea.

 

 

You guys awake?

 

 

Baek: What’s up?

JD: I’m up.

 

Uh.. Hyung, he’s... scared.

 

JD: Oh. Right. He did mention he’s afraid of the thunder.

Baek: OH MY GOD THAT’S SO CUTE

Baek: MINSEOK-HYUNG IS SO ING CUTE

Baek: IS HE REALLY SCARED?

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at Baekhyun last sent text, but kept a tab on the – still – trembling Kim Minseok. He bit his lower lip to prevent from cooing himself. The storm outside was still heavy, and it’s not most likely to go away soon. Chanyeol heaved a sigh and glanced at their window as he heard Minseok let a whimper when there was a sudden sound of another lightning strike.

 

 

Baek: HEY DON’T KEEP IT ALL TO YOURSELF

Baek: CHANYEOL

JD: The weather’s pretty bad, do you want me to come over?

 

 

NO!

 

Baek: Wow that was aggressive

Baek: You don’t have to be ;)

Baek: HUG HIM THOUGH

JD: Yeah I agree

Baek: If you can’t, I would!!!

Baek: I volunteer as tribute!!!

 

 

Byun, if you don’t stop...

 

Baek: Sheesh.

Baek: Possesive.

Baek: .

JD: You should probably comfort him, though.

JD: He’s scared less.

JD: He just messaged me to come over.

JD: Should I?

 

 

No, stay the there, Jongdae.

I’ll handle it.

 

Baek: PRACTICE SAFE , HONEY.

Baek: And don’t be too loud!!

Baek: The walls aren’t thick, though!!

JD: And so is your brain, Baek.

Baek: you, Jongdae.

 

 

Chanyeol muttered a silent plea of help before finally sitting down on Minseok’s bed, startling the latter.

 

 

The older one peeks out from underneath his covers to reveal a concerned looking Chanyeol looking down on him, a slight smile for him. It was a comfort, really – to be seeing the younger one’s heart-melting smile, it almost made Minseok forgot what his situation was before flinching at another thunder echoing inside their room. Chanyeol tried to take things slow, - carefully putting a hand on Minseok’s shoulder, caressing it in pursuit to comfort his hyung. He felt Minseok’s tense body relaxing on it, eventually sighing. Chanyeol tried to continue for the next few minutes until the other tried to say something.

 

 

 

“What was that, hyung?”

 

 

Minseok looked at him, his eyes pulling Chanyeol into a dream. He noticed that the older’s eyes looked petrified, - still - and was desperate into forgetting whatever chaos that was happening outside, and Chanyeol’s soothing hands and warm eyes made him feel just that. Minseok gently tugged Chanyeol’s sweater, pulling him closer. The younger one understood almost immediately as they both collided with a hug, his smile showed satisfaction as his hyung sighed in relief, finding comfort.

 

 

“T… thank you.”

 

 

Chanyeol hummed in response, his hug tightening around the smaller one’s waist. He settled his chin on Minseok’s head, and he could feel the scared one’s steady breathing, - all while burying his face on Chanyeol’s chest. It was comforting, and Minseok was already dozing off. With Chanyeol’s low voice singing, the thunder, the lightning, - it all faded in the background, just like a few things that were on Minseok’s mind earlier. His mind was quiet, and all the older could see is one person only, - Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

Baek: HELLO

Baek: JONGDAE ARE THEY ING RIGHT NOW CAN YOU HEAR?

Baek: JONGDAE

Baek: YOU ARE SO UNFAIR, PARK

Baek: SPILL THE ING DETAILS

 

 

// JD sent a photo to this chat //

 

 

Baek: OH MY FCUKIGN GOD

Baek: I JUST

Baek: AWHHHHHHHHHHHH

Baek: Sehun just threatened to break my ing neck

Baek: Talk to you in the morning he’s really

Baek: Going to

Baek: JDAHSUHUGFOIAWMWAOPDU8VUE8VHWISNVCSV

 

 

 

Chanyeol woke up with Minseok still in his arms, sleeping peacefully. The storm has passed, and Chanyeol wished it didn’t. The cute bunny cuddled up in his arms is a sight Chanyeol wishes to see everyday, and if all it takes is a typhoon, then why the hell not? He sighed as he admired Minseok’s face, and he’s feeling butterflies in his stomach as he does. The younger gently takes Minseok’s hand in his, squeezing it lightly. The latter stirrs, taking a few moments before opening his droopy eyes.

 

 

“Goodmorning, hyung. Slept well?” Chanyeol beamed at him while Minseok blushed.

 

 

“Thanks to you, Yeollie.”

 

The mentioned guy’s smile went wide as before, squeezing Minseok into a very tight hug.

 

“I wish I could wake up to this every morning.”

 

 

Minseok looked at him expectantly after the words rolled off his tounge. Chanyeol suddenly realized what he just said and both fell silent, - with Chanyeol waiting for his hyung to react on it. Instead, what Chanyeol received was a soft peck on his nose. He whipped his head to look at Minseok blushing on the covers, and he could almost feel the older one’s smile in his chest.

 

 

“You could…” He added.

 

 

 

// You sent a photo to this chat //

 

 

It wasn’t long after Byun Baekhyun’s piercing scream echoed the house, with a few silent mutters of ‘I’m going to kill that ing ’ from his mates before him and Minseok delved in for another cuddle session, ignoring the world.