Chapter 3

Truths, Lies and Love
Please log in to read the full chapter
  Daphne slammed her laptop closed, clutching the condesending note in her hand. In the past few days she had grown increasingly concerned about her surroundings and the safety of those she cared about. Her past training had her on high alert as she paced the room thinking of her next move. Looking at her watch she noticed that it had been a while since Lilly was due to be back from her usual run. "Am I overthinking things??" She thought. Shaking her head she picked up her phone and activated the tracer she had placed in  Lilly's iPod in case of emergencies, always hoping that she would never had had to activiate it. Looking at the red dot on her phone headed towards the apartment, she felt a surge of relief. Putting the phone down, Daphne only had a few minutes at most to do a quick run through of the apartment looking for bugs, or hidden cameras before Lilly walked in the door. Her fast run through yeilded nothing, but she knew she would have to wait until later to do a thorogugh check. Picking up her cell phone, she continued to pace. She hated reaching out to those she had just met, but after being off the grid for so long, she couldn't risk being found out, and even though they met briefly, she felt somewhat comfortable in calling Captain Yoo. The fact that he was in the Special Forces might offer her some help in digging a little deeper then what she's able to do on her own right now.   Dailing the number he gave her, she was shocked when he answered on the first ring.   "Hello?" He answered.   "Shi-Jin? It's Daphne, I don't have much time to explain over the phone, but can you meet me in 5 minutes, say  at the fountain in the park?" She asked.   "Yeah, sure that won't be a problem. Is everything ok?" He could sense the urgency in her voice.   "Yes, yes, everythings fine, but I would feel better speaking to you about something in person." They said their goodbyes as she prepared to leave. Heading into her closet she hit the code on the safe, hidden behind her dresser. The door to the safe popped open to reveal the weapons she kept hidden for safe keeping. Hating to have to hold onto them again, she grabbed the closet and smallest gun possible and put in the holster that was attached to her calf. Pulling her pants leg down, she closed the safe door and moved the dresser back to it's orginal position, so should Lilly make her way to borrow cloths from her, she would be none the wiser. Grabbing her boots, she sat on the bed putting them on and heard the chimes of the front door opening.   "Daph? you up?" Lilly called from the kitchen, she could hear her getting breakfast ready.   "Yup, in here, be out in a second." Daphne stood up, looked in the mirror to make sure nothing stood out. Snatching her purse and phone she headed towards the kitchen. "How was your run today?" She asked Lilly as she grabbed a portable thermos to fill with tea.   "It was wonderful, there was no one near the Han River. So peaceful. Where are you off to so early? The shop doesn't open for another hour?" Lilly asked as she spread some butter in the pan.   "Oh, I have a quick errand to run, won't be long. See you at the shop!" She grabbed the piece of toast Lilly held out to her and walked out.   When she was safely away from the appartment she then called Wang So. He answered,sounding his usual chipper and irritate self. "Hello?"   "Wang So, it's Daphne, aren't you a ball of sunshine this morning."   "I would be what you described had I been allowed to finish showering in peace, but my phone when off. What is it you need?" Wang So huffed into the phone.   "Listen, please don't argue with me, I can't expalin just yet, but can you be at my apartment to take Lilly to work this morning."She rounded the corner and was almost to the park.   "And why would I want to do that?" Wang So, was standing infront of the bathroom mirror, which was full of steam from his hot, morning shower, wrapped in nothing but a towel. Water, dripping from his black hair. Using his hand to wipe the fog from the mirror, he waited for Daphne to answer.   "Like I said, I can't explain it right now, I'm asking you to do me a favor. " Daphen sighed. "Look there was an incident, and I need to take care of something. Please, I'm begging you for a favor right now. Just pick Lilly up, and take her to work. I'm trusting you with this." Daphne was practically begging, something she absolutly hated to do.   "Fine. I will do this once and only once. You will owe me an explaination later." Wang so responded gruffly. He hung up  the phone and looked at himself in the mirror. "So on top of everything, I'm a babysitter now? Unbelievable." He went to his closet to finish getting ready.   Lilly was cleaning up after the breakfast that she had made. Something was off with her best friend, she wasn't sure if it was because she didn't sleep, or if she was stressed out about her designs, but something was definitly not right. Scrubbing the dishes and putting the last of the ingredients away, Lilly headed towards her bedroom, but heard someone knocking at the door. Reaching the door, she looked through the peephole and the person she saw on the otherside made her raise her eyebrows in confusion. "What the hell is he doing here?" She said   "I can hear you. Isn't it customary to allow the person knocking on your front door in to your home. Or are you going to allow me to continue this conversation through the door. " He huffed. Dressed in an all black form fitting suit, skinny tie and nice shoes, he was beyond handsome this morning. Lilly, on the other hand, had bits of her breakfast smeared on her shirt from cooking, and looked the total opposite of gorgous.   "What are you doing here?" She asked when she opened the door, eyeing him curiously.   "I'm fine thank you for asking." Wang So rolled his eyes. "I'm here to take you to work this morning."  

Why?"

"Are you going to move aside so that I can fully come in or no? You are really boardline, you know that right?" Wang So asked.   Lilly thought for just a minute then stepped aside so he could come inside. Yes they seemed to have had a pleasant evening the night before, but that didn't mean he could just pop up out of the blue. Unless, she thought, this had something to do with her roommate. Lilly did recall that Daphne had asked both of the men for their numbers last night. "Oh she's a slick one" Lilly thought. She would have to remind herself to have a nice long chat with Daphne when she saw her at work.   At the same time in the park, Daphne met with Shi -Jin and and gave him a brief rundown of what had happened with the gentleman staring at them, and the note left on her computer. Leaving only the important details for him, and nothing more.  He thought it over,looking concerned.   "Why is this guy targeting you two?" He wondered.   "Your guess is as good as mine. The re
Please log in to read the full chapter