My Life

The Light of My life

He woke up in the sunlight, filtered through the leaves of trees right outside his house.

“Another morning, Jin Woo hyung.Wait. It’s actually afternoon.” The first thing he saw was Seung Yoon sitting on his kitchen counter, drinking a cup of coffee. “You did not steal my coffee beans again, did you?” Jin Woo groaned as he shooed Seung Yoon away. “You ungrateful maknae. That was the hundredth and thirty three time!” “Hyung did you count?”

“Where’s your fiancée? Thought she would be with you.” Jin Woo made a cup of coffee from himself and sat down at the table with Seung Yoon. “Rose? She went to her guitar practices. We were talking about doing a collaboration … “ Seung Yoon started to go on and on about his wonderful fiancee and their obsession over guitar and music.

Someone rang the doorbell and Jin Woo was glad when Seung Hoon finally came to save his ears from Seung Yoon’s non- stop blabbering.

“Thought you forgot about our planning to have lunch together.” “As a matter of fact, Jin Woo hyung woke up just now .” Jin Woo gave Seung Yoon a death glare.

“Bbali let’s go! Jennie is at the café and I ain’t keeping her waiting.” Seung Hoon rolled his eyes and ushered them into the car. “Oh look at Seung Hoon hyung being a hopeless romantic.”

Seung Yoon raised his voice. “I’ll tell Jennie that Seung Hoon hyung has this gigantic crush on her …” “Better shut up or I throw you out of the car.” Seung Hoon threatened him, but a blush crept up his face.”

Jin Woo couldn’t help but smiled at Seung Hoon’s reaction when they mentioned his crush. To think he was like that once…

[Throwback to 4 years ago]

23 year old Kim Jin Woo was having lunch, fooling around with his gang, WINNER like any other teenage boy when he saw her.

And from then on, his life was tangled up with hers.

The 19 year old well known goddess in the college because of her amazing visual and perfect personality. Not to mention the rich background of her family.

Kim Ji Soo.

-[]

“Jisoo unnie, this is my boyfriend’s best friend. Kim Jin Woo.” Seung Yoon’s girlfriend Rose was close friends with Jisoo and when Seung Yoon knew about his crush, he had his girlfriend set Jin Woo up.

“Nice to meet you, Jin Woo-sshi.” Her smile was as radiant as the sun.

That was their first conversation.

-[]

“Hello Jisoo. “ He sat down next to her in the library and frowned. “How is it possible that you have more work than me to do.” Jisoo laughed softly and pushed a stack towards him. “Help me out if you claim you have no work.” “No problem.”

“And Jisoo?”

“Hmm?”

“Call me oppa.”

-[]

He was shocked when received a call from Lisa at midnight. “Kim Jin Woo, I’m sorry to wake you up but can you come here right now ?”

His mind was still foggy and couldn’t work properly. “Wait what? Why didn’t you find for Mino?”

“It’s about Jisoo.”

Jin Woo immediately went back to his senses and was already grabbing his car keys. “Where is she?” Lisa rattled off an address and he was there five minutes later.

“Where’s Jisoo.” He pushed open the door, not even caring to knock.

And the mere sight made his heart softened.

Jisoo was lying on the couch, eyes closed and murmuring something. Her eyebrows were creased and he could tell she was drunk.

He went to her side and touched her face gently. There were tears left on her cheek which made it obvious she cried earlier.

“Please… look after my unnie for me. Jin Woo. I have to leave for a business trip.” Lisa’s voice shook. “I’m sorry I couldn’t be with unnie when she needs me most.”

“No one will ever hurt Jisoo with me around.”

-[]

He set Jisoo on her bed, careful not to wake her up. Jin Woo was about to leave when Jisoo reached out for his hand.

“Don’t leave…please don’t leave me.”

“… I won’t.”

Jisoo was murmuring in her sleep. Her body trembled and tears leaked out from her closed eyelids.

“Eomma… where are you? I need you… I can’t hold on to this company for much longer without breaking down… I am tired… Tired of forever being the perfect girl…”

His heart tightened. Who would have known that the cheerful Jisoo held such misery in herself…

-[]

“So, my pretty Jisoo, when are we going on a date together?” Rocky mocked Jisoo who was cornered by them in an alley.

“You bastard.” Jisoo hissed.

“Not nice, darling.Let me teach you some manners. ” Rocky purred at her ear as his hands started to roam around. Jisoo struggled to get out from their grip but failed.

In a flash, Rocky was on the ground with his two sidekicks pinned to the wall. “Nice kick hyungs.” Seung Yoon high fived his hyungs. “And here’s what you get when you mess with my hyung’s girl.” Mino sneered.

Jin Woo pulled Jisoo into a tight hug. “Are you all right?” A red blush crept up to Jisoo’s cheek. Jin Woo smiled and let go of Jisoo.

“And you,” Jin Woo grabbed the collar of Rocky’s shirt. “Try touch her again and I’ll make sure you suffer the consequences.” He punched Rocky in the face.

“Make this a mental note. Never mess with WINNER or BLACKPINK.”

-[]

“Jin Woo-sshi, thanks for helping me then. You guys too.” WINNER shared a secret smile. “Anything for Jin Woo hyung’s girlfriend.”

“Wait.. what?”

“Remember, Jisoo? Call me oppa.” Jin Woo placed a tender kiss on her forehead.

“Jin Woo…oppa.”

[Throwback ended]

“We’re here. The Kim Café.” “You know what, I’ve always wondered why this café uses a surname as it’s name.” Seung Yoon wondered out loud.

“Cause it’s my girlfriend’s café . What else would it be called?” Seung Hoon smirked proudly and walked in. “Pfff… what an .” “Get used to it.” Jin Woo shrugged absentmindly.

“You guys are here.” Jennie smiled . The fashionable girl wearing chic clothes in front of them was Jisoo’s best friend, a member of BLACKPINK, and Seung Hoon’s crush.

“Hello Jennie. It’s nice to see you not being a bad girl nowadays.” Jin Woo grinned. Jennie put out her tounge.

“Try out some of my café’s food.”Jennie gestured towards the menu. “Hmm gimme some red velvet cake. And some ice-cream. And…” Seung Yoon got a hit on his head by an annoyed Seung Hoon. “Stop ordering Jennie around. Go get it yourself you idiot.” He rolled his eyes.

“Poor little maknae getting bullied by his hyungs. But you are sure acting like an idiot.” Mino snickered at him as he walked in casually with his girlfriend Lisa on his arm.

“I’m hurt.” Seung Yoon faked tears. “Nobody loves me.”

He stopped his acting once he heard a camera snap sound. “I got it in my phone now. Better serve us or I’ll send it to Rose.” Lisa chuckled as she waved her phone. She high fived Mino.

“Now I know why you guys are a couple. Equally evil.” Seung Yoon grumbled as he got up to take their orders. “I’ll take that as a compliment.”

Jin Woo watched their exchange with the mood of watching a movie. If only Jisoo was here…

[Continuing Throwback]

“Jin Woo oppa!” He turned his head to see a smiling Jisoo waving at him.

“You look fantastic today.” Jisoo had always been gorgeous, but she was extra gorgeous today. She wore a ruby red gown that showed her shoulders covered by her brown silky hair.Another portion of her hair was tied into a bun which was adorned by diamonds.

“Aphrodite would by jealous.” Jin Woo teased. They were at a formal ball invited by Jisoo’s business partner.

“Luckily I have you. No man would make a move on me again.” Jisoo clasped his arm while smiling adoringly at him. He looked so composed in a suit, like he was born in it.

“The ball has started. The same goes with our first date.”Jin Woo commented as the bell rang.

Jin Woo bowed and kissed her hand. Then, he placed his arm around her slim waist. “My lady, if you may.”

The spotlight shone on the couple, the perfect match.

-[]

“Are you sure this is safe? I mean, I don’t want to annoy you, but…” He trailed off, looking at the roaring waters beneath.

“Come on, oppa! It’s just a little jump!” Jisoo pulled at him excitedly. “Plus, we have already taken safety measures not to mention the parachutes. It will be perfectly alright.”

“If you say so darling…” Jin Woo gulped as he prepared to jump off the plane. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

“Here goes nothing.”

They jumped.

-[]

“That was fun, oppa!” Jisoo laughed once they reached land, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

“Okay, I admit it’s better than I thought.” Jin Woo tried hard to keep a poker face but failed.

“You like it, don’t you oppa?”

“I love you even much.”

The conversation suddenly took a romantic turn.

Jin Woo pulled her into his arms and slowly placed his lips on those tender lips on hers. His hands reached into her hair and he could smell the faint strawberry scent of her. Jisoo closed her eyes and let his tounge get into .

How he wished time would pause at this time forever.

His lovely girlfriend, and him.

-[]

Jin Woo held on to the staggering Jisoo and helped her to the bed.

“Jisoo you’re drunk. Again. Haven’t I told you not to go to these meetings without me? “ He caressed her face lovingly.

“I could not… bring you… they… they were Rocky’s relatives… I was afraid… afraid that you would pick a fight again…” Her words slurred as her eyelids fluttered.

“Did they do anything to you? Did they?” Jin Woo searched her face for any hint of fear. “Calm down…” Jisoo smiled faintly.

Jin Woo sagged in relief. “I would do anything for you. As long as you’re happy.”

Jisoo grasped his hand. “Then end my depression. Every day I have lived… with pain…” Her eyes shone with tears. “Make me happy, even for one day.”

Jin Woo pushed her to the bed and pressed his lips to hers. His hands found the zip of her dress. “Jisoo, my darling.”

You will be happy forever, with me.

[Throwback ended]

“This is amazing, man!” Seung Yoon announced once he finished his food. “For once, I agree with you.” Jin Woo nodded, still savouring the scent of the food.

“Time for some games!” Lisa proclaimed as she swallowed the last bit of her food. “Jennie unnie, can you find some wine and some glasses for us?”

“And let’s play truth and dare.” Seung Hoon poured the wine and placed it in the middle of the table.

The bottle was spinned and it pointed towards Mino. “Dare!”

“Well hyung… I dare you to kiss your girlfriend.” Mino smirked and pulled Lisa near. Right in front of them, they shared a passionate kiss. “We do this everyday. That wasn’t so hard.”

“Um right, you didn’t have to share you personal love life with us.” Jin Woo quickly spun the bottle.

“Right Seung Hoon, you’ll be playing dare. I wonder…” The rest of them racked their brains for some really savage dares.

Right in time, Rose came in. “Just in time Rose! Now we’ll have more options…” Seung Yoon faltered as he saw someone trailing after Rose.

“You filthy piece of . How dare you come here.” Jennie hissed. She shot a murderous glare towards Rocky’s direction.

“I came here for revenge. That’s you, Kim Jin Woo.”

“You won’t be seeking revenge from anyone.” Mino stood up and pointed towards the door.

“How can you be so cold blooded, Kim Jin Woo? Have you forgotten about Jisoo? About your wonderful girlfriend? Is she nothing to you?” Rocky fired question after question at Jin Woo, stepping nearer with every question.

“You have no right to meddle in their lives, Rocky. Now get out.” Lisa shoved him.

Rocky shook his head and laughed maniaclly. “Kim Jisoo would be alive if it wasn’t for you!”

Silence.

Rose shot a nervous glance at Jin Woo. His eyes had lost focus as Jin Woo stayed quiet.

“Don’t think the ing excuse that you lost your memory will work on me.” Rocky sneered. “It’s just you and your worthless mind not accepting the reality!”

His words were like a slap to Jin Woo’s face.

Blood. Screams. Glass. Knives.

Jin Woo stumbled backwards, pupils dilated in shock as he shook his head left and right. “No.. that’s not right… what happened?”

“Rocky Jung, you have been reported to the police due to harassment. I advise you to get your out of my café .” Jennie glared at him as she showed her mobile to him.

Seung Yoon helped Jin Woo to sit down as Mino made a new cup of coffee for him. “Hyung… calm down first. We’ll explain it.”

Jin Woo grabbed Seung Hoon’s arm. “Is it true? He…he said…”

“Yes Kim Jin Woo.”

“Kim Jisoo has been dead for 4 years.”

[Throwback ]

Jisoo hugged her knees as she checked her phone again. Her whole body was trembling.

“Jin Woo…oppa… where are you?” She bit her lip so hard until it started to bleed. “I need you…”

Another pain shot through her abdomen and she almost screamed from the pain. Her eyesight was getting blurry as she grasped wildly for something to hold on.

She checked her phone frantically for another message. “Please… Jin Woo?”

Her arm sagged as she saw the breaking headline news pop up in her screen. “No… this couldn’t be true… no…”

A letter on the coffee table caught her eye. It was addressed to her. With trembling hands, she teared open the envelope.

She smiled softly as she let go of the letter, letting it flutter to the ground. She took the nearest pen and paper and started to scribble furiously. Then, she took up the glass cup next to her.

A shattering sound could be heard as the glass shattered in to shards. Jisoo pulled up one of her sleeves, showing scars on her white arm.

A tear flowed down as Jisoo closed her eyes.

“Goodbye, Kim Jin Woo.”

The man I love.

-[]

“NO! Jisoo won’t be dead. She isn’t dead!” Jin Woo roared as he struggled from Seung Yoon and Seung Hoon’s grasp.

“Let me in! I have to see her. I must see her!” “Kim Jin Woo stop it!” Lisa’s eyes were brimmed with tears as she sagged in Mino’s arms.

“Jisoo unnie is gone… She is gone…”

Before Jin Woo could throw another fit, Jennie hit him at the neck and he out. “Sorry Jin Woo. “ She muttered.

“Now what? Jin Woo hyung won’t accept the truth. No matter what we say.” Seung Hoon tried hard to keep his cool.

“I know a friend.” Rose speaked up with a weak voice. “He’s a psychotherapist and he might be able… be able to make Jin Woo forget.”

“That’s the best choice we have.” Jennie bowed her head as she took a deep breath.

Jisoo unnie would want them to stay strong.

[Throwback ended]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah it's a failed one shot I'm sorry if I didn't live up to your expectations guys *cries in a corner* Yep and I might be adding a sequel (Cause I love sequels) There might be one more chapter before that though *winks* cause ma girl Jisoo should talk more bout her part.