baby, you and I we were infinite

White Tulips, Ashy Lips

 

 

 


 

 

 

Baekhyun lays on their cold bed, staring at the ceiling, hearing the pitter patter of rain outside. 

 

2:05

 

It's been 4 hours since Chanyeol promised him that he'll get back. It's 6 May, his birthday. He promised him that he'll get off from work and celebrate his birthday together. Baekhyun had be happy, no, Baekhyun was enthusiastic. After weeks of busy schedules and stressful classes, he finally can squeeze time with his boyfriend. He knows Chanyeol is a busy man, after all he owns a studio - saying that he can write better music if he have his own place. Chanyeol spends all his time there instead of their shared apartment. He once asked why he didn't, and the taller man answered. "You are not there, Baekhyun. Why would I spend time alone in our apartment when I can do productive things in the studio?" 

So Baekhyun let go, his boyfriend has his own life too. So excuses become another excuse and another excuse bringing in the usual excuses of not having enough time and all that they said when a relationship has been a shipwreck. 

A week before his birthday, Baekhyun reminds Chanyeol whether he have time to come see him but Chanyeol said he have no time and he's catching due dates for another song to send for a producer. Baekhyun was proud, really, but isn't he more important than his music?

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol opens the door of his shared apartment with Baekhyun, as discreet as he can. Shuffling here and there,  he finally settles down in their room, putting his things and change into a more comfortable article of clothing. 

He slips under the duvet, oblivious to the boy beside him who he thinks is in a deep sleep. He fails to see said boy cheeks, dried by countless hours of crying over his forgetfulness. 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol blinks. He check the time, 10:45. Groaning, he stood up, messy hair and morning breath greets him. Baekhyun forgot to put up the blinds, the room is dark without any sunlight rushing in like usual. Chanyeol pays no heed, entering the bathroom to do his morning routine. 

When he finishes, he slips a hoodie and a black ripped jeans, his usual work cloth. He is thankful that he works alone or else he'll never get the experience of going to work late, just relax before storm comes in - the usual demand of new songs from various producers of music entertainment around Seoul. He goes to the kitchen to see his boyfriend, staring at his already cold coffee. 

Chanyeol bents down, kissing his boyfriend forehead as a good morning greeting. He pick up a porcelain cup, pours down the lukewarm coffee his boyfriend brewed. He take a sip, sitting down in front of Baekhyun, still not paying attention to the tear-stricken boy. When he did, the bread he bite falls down, flabbergasted by what he sees in front of him. 

"B-baby, are you okay?" Chanyeol asks. Baekhyun looks up from his reverie, just staring blankly at Chanyeol. 

Both of them didn't say anything before Baekhyun opens his mouth, "Chanyeol, where the have you been last night?" He cursed. His eyes hard, tired of all the his boyfriend keeps on spewing at him like he is some kind of maid waiting for his master to come home. 

"I am at work. You know that. Why would I go somewhere else? Why do you keep asking me the exact same questions when you know the answer?" Chanyeol spats. Honestly, he is tired with Baekhyun asking his whereabouts like he didn't trust him enough.  He knows Baekhyun means well but who wouldn't get tired when your loved ones keep on asking you the same thing when you do absolutely nothing? 

"It's my birthday, Chanyeol! My birthday! Did you know that? Did you ever think about what I said earlier this week? I didn't tell you because I want to see if you even remember my birthday b-but-," He gasps, "You didn't." And cues the tears streaming down his face. Chanyeol can only gasp. He absolutely forgot about his boyfriend birthday, too busy focusing on his work. He knows that he is at fault. 

"Oh, baby. I'm sorry. I'm truly am."

But Baekhyun has left him all alone in the kitchen, storming side their bedroom by slamming the door. Shortly after that, Chanyeol can hear Baekhyun's muffled cries, striking his heart making it bleed. 

He looks down, staring at crumbs of bread that have fall earlier feeling guilty all over himself. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun and him didn't talk for almost a week until their close friend, Kyungsoo, had to ask Chanyeol about Baekhyun's whereabouts. Baekhyun have skipped classes and Kyungsoo is worried. Chanyeol told Kyungsoo and the smaller friend was pissed. 

"Now I know why he always looks so gloomy at class. Chanyeol, are you going to keep on being like this? He's your boyfriend Chanyeol! He is much more important than your work!" Kyungsoo screams at him. Kyungsoo's fiancee - Jongin who is also one of their closest friends, rubbed his little man shoulder, soothing him with his presence. Honestly, Jongin also think Chanyeol has done a move this time. No one deserve to be neglected by their boyfriend. Especially on his birthday. That was just over the line. 

Chanyeol rubs his nape, guilty. "Yeah, I know that. I was sorry. I truly am. But the work was demanding and I was stressed by the dateline. You need to understand me with this, Soo." 

Kyungsoo look at him, sighing. "Alright, I understand. But you must not repeat this again. Now, go home and ask for Baek's forgiveness. You know how soft he is. Maybe bring him his favorite food and he'll be okay. Remember what I said, Chanyeol." He said, sternly. Chanyeol nods, firm. "I won't. It was stupid of me. I'll buy him his favorite dumplings. He'll like that." 

Jongin send his tall friend a reassuring smile. Chanyeol acknowledge him with a nod and he left, trying to win his boyfriend smile back. 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun-ah," Chanyeol calls out his name. The apartment was left cold. But he still can hear the random shuffling in their room. He walks in to see Baekhyun folding their clothes in their cupboard. He looks up, still having a blank face but at least he's not crying anymore. Chanyeol squats down, caressing his only light face softly, eyes full with love. Baekhyun sighs, didn't pull away. 

"I'm sorry, love. I'm truly am. I know I was at fault. But it was a slip of moment and it won't happen again, I assure you it wouldn't. Baek, Maybe I'm the worst person in this universe, but I'll always try my best for you." Chanyeol hugs him this time. Baekhyun reciprocates him, snuggling close to Chanyeol's chest, warm. "You promise?" He whispers. Chanyeol looks down, kissing his mouth, tender. Baekhyun can feel the burst of love Chanyeol tries to give him and he was glad that Chanyeol is absolutely head in heels for him. 

"I promise," And they made love for the first time in a long, long time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeol, let's go to Jeju for summer!" Baekhyun suggests. It's been one of his goals of the year to visit Jeju in summer with his one and only. Jeju is beautiful and he can't wait to taste all the sweet, supple tangerines the locals will offer to them when they go there. He loves fruits. His mind was all giddy, can't wait for the said trip to happen. 

Chanyeol smiles, wide. 

"Yes." 

 

 

 

 

Jeju is absolutely breathtaking, the summer heat makes Baekhyun falls in love even more and especially the sweet time he spend with Chanyeol in everywhere and anywhere for their 3 days trip there. It was short but definitely another stepping stone in their relationship to bloom even more beautiful. He eats all the tangerines Chanyeol bought for him at the market and eat good seafood at night. They kissed under the dim hues of moonlight with the presence of good red wine after dinner and they become one day after another in their hotel room. 

Baekhyun couldn't express what he feels. He is absolutely in love, sated with what he have. 

He oftens ask Chanyeol about  what he thinks and Chanyeol will always kiss him again and again, making sure that he also having a good time with his little man beside him. They hike Hallasan, one of the tourist attraction and Baekhyun almost slips and die but Chanyeol makes sure that he didn't. Okay, he was exaggerating but he's pretty sure he'll end up dead if it's not with Chanyeol strong grip on his hand at that time. 

They also went to the beach, playing around the water, kissing and may or may not had a quickie far from all of the people in the water. I know, but hey love wins. 

On their third day, Chanyeol recommends them to go to Love Land and Baekhyun left that place with crimson blossoms on his cheek which makes Chanyeol even more in love with his little man. They take pictures as a memory but Baekhyun prays that no one will see those lewd pictures Chanyeol ask him to pose with one of the display sculptures there. Embarassing. After a short while time, both of them leaves Jeju with a satisfied heart and a new will for both of their relationship. Which is to be absolutely, capably, extremely fall in love with each other until the day they can't say it anymore. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The day came earlier than both of them expected. It was a normal day for Chanyeol, to be working at his studio like usual. But it was a bizarre one for Baekhyun. Since he is a student in a Drama School same goes with Kyungsoo, both of their final project is to work for the last scene for the senior which is to re-act one of Shakespeare greatest classics which is Romeo and Juliet, two star-crossed lovers whose deaths has been tragic and resentful. Baekhyun was delighted at first, he loves Shakespeare screenplays and he loves Romeo and Juliet. 

He asked Kyungsoo whether he wants to be Romeo in the story but Kyungsoo was hoping to get Mercutio or Tybalt as he wasn't really looking forward to do a fake scene with one of the girls from their class. Baekhyun doesn't really care, he wants to get Romeo because he wants any of filming directors who'll come to their school at performance day to be in awe with his acting. He is greedy, yes he is, but he'll do everything to succeed what he yearns in life. 

And so Baekhyun works hard in participating actively in their class, asking the teacher guides so he'll think Baekhyun is perfect enough to stare in the play. He stays back after school hours to practice with his fellow classmates and did very well in the audition. 

Fortunately for him, he gets to be Romeo. 

Life is going well for once. 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol, Chanyeol I got it! I got it!" Baekhyun shrieks. Chanyeol, busy with writing down the lyrics for his new creation look up to see his puppy-like boyfriend sparkling eyes looking at him. Baekhyun sits at Chanyeol's lap, peppering the taller with kisses of joy. Chanyeol lets out a hearty laughs, wrapping his hand around the smaller waist, humming delightfully. 

"What is it that makes my cupcake especially happy today?" Chanyeol asks. Baekhyun squeals once again, covering his face on Chanyeol neck, giggling. After a while, he look at Chanyeol again, "I got to be Romeo for my last senior project. Yeol. I got it. I'll be one of the main character and I'll make sure one of the directors there will take me in to be one of the new actor in their entertainment." Chanyeol smiles, he knows how much Baekhyun wants to be an actor. He supports him 100%. 

"Really? Congratulations, love. This needs a celebration doesn't it?" Chanyeol slyly smirks. Baekhyun blushes velvet, shy. Chanyeol pick him up around his waist, making ways to their room. 

Let's just say Baekhyun gets more than a celebratory . 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun is nervous. He's at backstage, his make up well done by one of his girl classmates and his lips are dry by the constant time he his lips out of jittery. His minds are in a mental breakdown and all he want is to call Chanyeol and calls it off. But then Chanyeol will drag his back and make him do it because he knows how much Baekhyun wants it. 

He take a deep breath. Why is it so hard for him to appear cool? What will the directors think when they see him in this kind of state? He shook his head, praying it won't happen later. He take a drink, trying to cool himself before he starts to panic and screams like a maniac. Kyungsoo take a glance at his friend, shaking his head. 

"Baek, what are you so afraid of? Relax, this is your element." Baekhyun wishes it was that easy to be nonchalant. But this is his life, his future. If he at it, he's not sure what he'll do. 

Baekhyun look at Kyungsoo, hopeful. "Yeah? I hope so. Damn, I've never feel this nervous my whole life." Baekhyun cracks out an awkward laugh. Kyungsoo roll his eyes, "You are doing fine. All you have to do is break a charming smile and walla, they'll be impress." Baekhyun holds on what Kyungsoo say. He'll do great, he tried to pep-talk himself. 

He'll do fine. 

 

 

 

 

After the last bow from the actors and actresses, Baekhyun lets out a huge smile and all of his classmates shouts in happiness. It was a rather successful play, he may say. His professor has been so proud he's shedding tears while being comfort by the girls of his class. Everyone is taking pictures with each other and Baekhyun dismiss himself from everyone, doesn't want to break the happy vibe. Baekhyun is relieved. It was going so well. The intimate scenes with his girl classmate that played Juliet was one of the scenes he was afraid ended up because he can never done the scene without cringing mentally. 

The girl who plays Juliet, Yoona - has been really supportive and knows that Baekhyun was uncomfortable at first. But she's kind and lead Baekhyun to practice with her so both of them wouldn't appear awkward and the scene will come out very natural on the day of the play. True to Yoona's words, the scenes touched the audience as he peeks in discreet for their reactions. And the crowds was even more in awe at the scene where Juliet was found dead by Romeo, thus killing himself thinking he shouldn't live with the love of his life in tow. 

Baekhyun change his clothes into his usual sweater and his training pants before bidding goodbye to his classmates. All of them are going to a nights out to celebrate the success of the play but he was tired and he wants to spend the rest of night with Chanyeol. Speaking of Chanyeol, he wonders if the taller comes. He knows Chanyeol are busy but it doesn't hurt to come for a minute or two to see him. But Baekhyun won't hope. 

Baekhyun texted him that the play has ended and he will go home soon. He talked to the guests who recognizes him and some of the directors who is interested in scouting him to their label. Baekhyun was spirited. All of his hard work has paid off, finally. He didn't show his enthusiasm and flash a polite smile, say he will think about it when he knows that he absolutely will take their offers and start working as soon as possible. 

Baekhyun hummed in delight, waiting for his Uber to come pick him off. There are still leftover Chinese they both ordered last night, he can re-heat them and eat it and go to sleep, he's been exhausted. Suddenly, a black sedan stops in front of him making him gasp in surprise. The driver rolled down the window and Baekhyun heart swell, it was Chanyeol. 

"Hey, baby." Chanyeol calls him. Baekhyun grins and open the door, excited. 

"What are you doing here, Yeol? Aren't you suppose to be at work?" Baekhyun asks. Chanyeol chuckles. "No, I finished it quickly to sprint to your play. I saw it, you did really great, I am so proud of you." He softly says. The loving glint in his eyes makes Baekhyun heart leaps again, finding it ridiculous how his heart can never stay calm with the man of his life. 

"Thank you," He replies. 

Chanyeol just smiles and drive off to their apartment. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Have you get any offer yet, baby?" Chanyeol asks. It's been two days and his class was dismissed for the entire week because his professor asked them to get a well deserve rest after hectic years of working so hard. It's still soon after the play so Baekhyun is not really worried about it, yet. Baekhyun shook his head, eyes straight to the TV infront of him, mouth busy munching the popcorn Chanyeol made earlier. 

Both of them take a lazy day off on Saturday, just to spend time together in their apartment, simply having fun with each other. They woke up late, made love and eat whatever they feel like. It's been a while since they've done this and to say Baekhyun was happy was an understatement. He truly is. 

Chanyeol seems to appreciate him more. He's not saying Chanyeol doesn't love him, no, he just feel like Chanyeol is finally okay with whatever battle he had in his head and take Baekhyun back into his wings, proving to him that he's here and very much alive. Both of them has taken an agreement to say whatever they feel at faults in their relationship, no more bottled up feelings because they both know how big the impact would have done if they take no warning into that. He doesn't know what Chanyeol really thinks but he tries to show with his action and Baekhyun is okay with it. 

He knows he is being domestic with Chanyeol, taking whatever he say in a second and done things without a thought. But what can he really say? Loving Chanyeol is like riding a rollercoaster. You know it would be a turn of events as their relationship will go south and back to square one again. But both of them tries really hard to make it go up. Chanyeol is no easy man, that's what he can say. As an artist who produces music, he shows himself with lyrics and notes that Baekhyun aren't familiar with and Baekhyun as an actor he hides his feelings and simply acts the way that Chanyeol wants him to act. 

"Baby, would you like to go for a date tomorrow?" Chanyeol suddenly ask him. Baekhyun turns to his side, a brow. 

"Why so sudden?" 

"Just because. It's been a while since I brought you outside. I heard there was an event handled by some of Minseok's friend who is an organizer of a music entertainment. Wouldn't it be fun to see all the idols you always saw on TV?" 

Baekhyun ponders. He do likes to see idols. Especially Girls' Generation. It's his favorite. 

"SNSD wouldn't be there but there are some of the SM artists that will come by. You know how close Minseok is with everyone from the industry. Let's go yeah? Let me show you my world." Chanyeol politely urge him. Baekhyun nods his head, shrugging. "Yeah, okay. It would be fun, I guess. It's been a long time too since I met Minseok. Yeah, okay let's go tomorrow." 

Chanyeol beams, "Really? Alright. I can't wait to show you some of my friends. They are really nice people."

Baekhyun smiles. But in his heart, he doubts. 

 

 

The next day, Baekhyun and Chanyeol go to the said event wearing very casual clothes but still proper looking. Baekhyun looks at his boyfriend, making sure there are no awkward strand of hair missing from his already perfectly-styled hair made by yours truly. He nods in content and peck his boyfriend chin before intertwining his hand together. Chanyeol was busy talking to some of the people here and there, laughing and joking. He heard some of them saying that it's been a while since he joined them and he feels a tad bit guilty knowing he's the reason why Chanyeol doesn't really hang out with his music friends. 

Shrugging the thoughts off, he pick up one of the cocktail drinks they offered and drink it in one gulp, trying to ease all the tension and the awkwardness lingers around the air. Chanyeol expects him in his best behavior and he tries not to roll his eyes whenever he catch the younger taking glances at him like he's worried that Baekhyun will suddenly throw a tanthrum or something. Yeah, that probably the reason why. 

He saw Minseok and wave his hand cheerfully, catching the said man attention. Minseok grins at him, pardon himself to his guest and walk towards Baekhyun, embrace him in a tight hug. They have always been best friends since high school. 

"Aw dude. I missed you." Minseok said. 

Baekhyun winks at him, "The feeling is mutual my friend. So how are you? Good? I heard your name everywhere now especially from Chanyeol. He said you are very successful and happy in your own cocoon." 

Minseok hums, agree. "Well, yeah. He's right. I am happy. You know how I really wanted this to happen right? All of this-" He gestures towards the party, "-amazingness. Having friends with the celebrities, hearing gossips and all the beauty of the entertainment world. Before that, I heard from Kyungsoo about both of your play doing really well. I am so proud of you, Baek. Can't wait to see you with all the actors playing in a really kickass movie."

Baekhyun laughs, waving it off like it's no big deal. "It was just a play. I didn't listened to all of the directors that went saying the review about the play. I'm just happy it went well. That's all matters, I guess." 

Minseok eyes him, "Trust you to say good words about yourself. Don't sweat, Baek. You are wonderful and I didn't even saw it. Did Chanyeol watched it? If he did, I bet he was in awe and so ing in love you even more." He cackles evilly. 

Baekhyun blushes scarlet, looks down. "Yeah, he did. We didn't go to sleep that night." 

Minseok howls, laughing loudly that makes Chanyeol wonder what they've been talking about. He excuses himself and stand behind his boyfriend, circling his arms around the smaller waist. "Hey, Minseok." Chanyeol greets. Minseok salutes him, "Hey there, soldier. We've been talking about you earlier. Anyways, how's your songs going? I heard from Producer Cho your song are going on air soon. He loves it and one of it is going to be a main title song for an idol group.Congrats, dude. You've open your own empire." 

Baekhyun gapes at him, shock. "Really? Oh my goodness. That's wonderful, Yeol. I'm so glad." Baekhyun kiss his boyfriend red cheeks finding the taller adorable. Chanyeol chuckles, shy. "Yeah, He said that. I'm relieved he even liked my songs. You know how strict he is. He even rejected the famous Rowan Oh once. I can't even stomach the thoughts that he consider my songs good enough." 

Minseok shake his head, "How are you both so unconfident in yourselves? Have some faith, man. You both are really great individuals." He take a sip on his drink. 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol just shrugs. 

"I have to go entertain the others. You two lads have fun here. Let me know if you need anything. Just holler me up if you feel like going home." Minseok leaves after he says that. Baekhyun look around to sit, legs aching. "How is it babe? Is it good? I'm sorry if it was a bit boring because all I do is talk to them for improvement. There's nothing to it, really." He chuckles awkwardly. 

Baekhyun heart melts. How dare he doubts Chanyeol when he has done absolutely nothing towards him? 

"Yeol, if any of your friends invite you for a drink don't decline it. Just let me know and I'll be fine. I know you've been bored and stressed to just stay at home with me. Go have some fun. You are only young once." Chanyeol widens his eyes, "What? No! I had rather spent my entire day just looking at you then leaving you alone at home. Besides, it's not that exciting hanging out with them. They'll all ended up drunk and have no one to carry them home. I don't want to burden you by doing that." 

With that, Baekhyun jumps on Chanyeol, kissing the hell out of Chanyeol, catching the taller off-guard. 

Baekhyun was so damn touched by what Chanyeol has said he just do whatever his mind feels like doing. 

Baekhyun looks straight towards Chanyeol's pair of eyes. 

"Let's go home." 

And they didn't tell Minseok that they left. 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol lays beside each other, staring deep into each orbs of their beloved. They were having a picnic near their apartment and it was a peaceful day to go out and enjoy the cool, spring breeze before summer scorching hot days. Chanyeol tucks a hair behind Baekhyun ears, simply looking at his beau thinking how lucky he is for scoring someone so absolutely mesmerizing. 

Baekhyun thinks about what he has done to get someone as amazing, as understanding as his Park Chanyeol. Yes, his. He'll never let go of that once callous young man that have become a pretty, pretty tulip just for him, his favorite flower. 

"Chanyeol, If we shared a garden, I'd put my tulips and your tulips together. Because your tulips would be a black as night and mine as pure as snow. We might have been two people with absolutely different types of interest but who says differences would make a relationship becomes worser? I think it would be just as beautiful as us. I love you, you dork." 

And Chanyeol smiles that lop-sided but very cute smile of his, 

"I love you too, my dear dwarf." 

 

 

FIN


 

 

 

 

 

 

and that's the end of White Tulips, Ashy Lips! 

I know, it doesn't go as well as I thought. Though this ends up in a happy ending, I actually plan to make it sad and just painfully heartbreaking but you know, I'm a ball of fluff who absolutely adores happy Chanbaek. I might need to change the tag to slight angst though. Sorry for the misconception, haha. 

This really didn't end up like what I actually plan because I'm just random like that, I'm glad I can share some of the snippets of moments I really likes to read in a chanbaek story :> I would like write more about them but if you read my previous stories, you may know me as the biggest procrastinator ever exist, lol. I just can't focus in writing stories. But I love writing it. I know, strange. 

Well, I hope you all have a good day and I had fun writing this for my own enjoyment. I hope you do too. See you in my next one!

Ciao, 

--Sera