Prologue ~ Happiness from another Universe

Who Are You!?

 

" EH!? What do you mean by I was dropped!? I'm definitely your sister!" Dohee cried out, completely horrified.
"Eonni! I am not kidding! That is what the mail written to you says!" Sohee, her younger sister replied.

"B-but how is that possible!" Dohee asked, completely baffled.
"It says that there is a secret which will only be told to you on your 19th birthday!" her sister replied.

Dohee sighed and lied down on her bed. She then began staring at herself in the mirror in front of her.
"I've been hearing this every birthday .. b-but do look like every other human though!" she exclaimed, while her sister just shrugged.
 


FLASHBACK

Eighteen years ago, Mr and Mrs Kim were very upset on not being able to have a child.

"The doctor said that I won't be able to have any children!" said Mrs Kim, bursting out into tears.
"Hang in there . . . " said Mr Kim with a sigh, patting his wife.

The very next day, there was a strange looking pod that mysteriously had appeared at their doorstep.
The couple was busy cleaning their house when Mrs Kim who was picking up the dry laundry, came across this strange pod.
"Honey, there's something suspicious here!" she said, touching the pod. She flinched as her sudden touch opened the lid, showing the face of a beautiful girl child who looked like she was frozen.

"She looks like she is a month old!" said Mrs Kim, awestruck by the sudden appearance of the child.

Mr Kim who was clearing out the weeds from the plants in the backyard came running to the doorstep from where his wife had earlier called him.
"What is that!?" he asked, as his eyes widened at the sight of the beautiful baby girl in the pod.

"I don't know, i just found her by our doorstep! I think our wish was granted!" said Mrs Kim, her eyes gleaming with excitement.

"Honey, don't hurry with your thoughts! This is quite a suspicious act" said the husband, looking around the pod.

"For now, I think we should take her inside or she's going to catch a cold!" said Mrs Kim, carrying the pod inside the house.

Tears glinted in her eyes as she lifted the baby girl in her arms. "You're so pretty!" she whispered, not noticing the letter that had fallen down while she lifted the baby.

"What's this?" said Mr Kim, picking up the letter that had fallen on the floor.

He opened it and began reading it. "Doesn't look like it's from this era" he said.

"Read it out loud honey!" his wife cried.

"Dear Kim Family,
This is from the intergalactic helpline.
We're from a planet named Hejmo which is from another galaxy, very far from yours.
The living beings on Hejmo are quite similar to Earthlings but their called Skarls.
Skarls are very similar to humans in their lifestyle and their appearance but they live in an age with electronics. The Skarls speak Hejmoniss and English and are born scholars at math and sciences. (By that I actually mean that they are born with the best of those skills)
Due to some reasons, we sent in our newest life Skarl-4408 to you. 
The file attached inside has the legal documents to make the new life your offspring and there is also a letter in the pod which you must only show her on her 19th birthday. 
Kindly do not show it to her anytime before or see it yourself as it is something only she can see.
The little girl must be slightly frozen right now, so please feed her warm milk.
She can understand Hejmoniss and English already and she's a genius at math and physics.
Hejmo Skarls develop their skills during their 3rd year on the planet.
So, like every other earthling baby . . She can't speak or read or write.
She is also allergic to raspberries as they are not supposed to be eaten in Hejmo.
I hope these instructions were clearly put out!
For any queries, you can go to the public phone booth on every Thursday and call us on 8890-XX098
Thank You for your help!

Vvecjorufsus
Intergalactic Association
Helpline Head"

"how the heck do you pronounce the person's name" 
said Mr Kim.

Both Mrs and Mr Kim looked at each other and their eyes widened, interrupted by the baby crying.

Mr Kim hurried to heat the milk as his wife signalled him to go and do so while she looked after the baby.

"We're naming her Dohee" said Mrs Kim while Mr Kim nodded to what his wife said.

Around two years later, their parents unexpectedly gave birth to a little girl. And she was named Sohee.


 

"Let me read the e-mail" said Dohee.
It was Dohee's eighteenth birthday and she had received an e-mail from the mysterious Intergalactic association, stating about her identity being a secret. It was a letter written in Hejmoniss, which would turn into the language the person looking at it spoke.

"Dear Kim Dohee,

Your Father has been in touch with me and he has told me that you've got yourself into trouble for for your identity.
You were dropped to earth on your first year and you are from a planet named Hejmo which is from another galaxy, away from planet earth.
However, there is another letter which you and only you must read on your nineteenth year on Earth.
For more help, contact me on my email at the foot of this e-mail.

Bburthzalsserissfus
Intergalactic Association
Helpline Head"

"How the heck do you spell that name?!" 
exclaimed Dohee, looking at that mail.

"Jeez Eonni! It says Lee Sung Yoon clearly!" her sister replied, earning Dohee's glare.

"Wait... so you read the letter in Korean?" she asked.
"What do you mean read? It was written in Korean!" her sister replied.
"I read it in English!" said Dohee, tilting her head in confusion.

"You know a lot of languages Eonni! But that was definitely written in Korean." Sohee replied, pouting.

"I do, but this feels strange. . . " she said, lying down on her bed again.


"Dohee-ya! Sohee-ya! come outside for a bit!" Their mother called out.

"Yes! Coming!" Dohee said, dragging her sister out.

"Dohee, you're soon going to start with your new school and you have a lot to prepare for!" her mother said, while she nodded.

"You look worried daughter, what's wrong?" asked her father.

"So. . .I received a mail from the intergalactic association today. Sohee read it in Korean while I read the letter in English and the name was quite peculiar to me." Dohee said, slightly hesitating.

"It was Lee Sung Yoon!!! I am sure I can read Korean by now!" her sister cried out, while her mother signalled her to keep quiet.

"What was the name again? Vvecjorufsus?" Her father asked.

"No. Bburthzalsserissfus" Dohee said, bursting out into laughter at the name.

"Must be the descendent to the guy" said Mr Kim, leaving everyone into an awkward silence.
Followed by everyone bursting out into a loud roar of laughter.

 


NOTE:
Hi Guys, After looking up several words for the name of this planet~ I decided to go with the word Home
The word for Home in Esperanto is Hejmo~
I should update the next chapter sooner ~ What do you think of the story so far?
Do comment!