final

Let's Only Walk the Flower Road and Maybe A Bit of Thorns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Three days ago, the first episode of Idol Drama Operation Team aired and Seulgi was happy at the reactions that were given to her and how everyone said she's really great and how everyone anticipated an "Actress Kang Seulgi".



Ofcourse her members wouldn't miss out on that as what's happening right beside her is a five year old kid in a twenty-six year old body, bouncing, chanting "Seulgi Hwaiting! Seulgi Hwaiting!"



Seulgi can't help but smile as she checks herself at the camera in front of them.

 



Joohyun is cute. She thought.

 

 

It also happened that today was the show's press conference. Seulgi was ecstatic at the rice wreath support that welcomed her, Seulgi was so thankful that she posted what she felt on their official Instagram account.

It was an uplifting day for Seulgi

 

 

 

-

 

 

Earlier...

 

 

"Goodbye Seulrene, hello Yoogi!" Joy shouts as she closes her laptop, making it loud so it would ring on their whole dorm. 

 

 

It was seven in the morning and she watched the two episodes she missed of the variety show. 

 

 

"Goodness, so loud in the morning!" Wendy said, coming out from her shared room with Seulgi who's already up at three in the morning to get ready for the press conference. 

 

 

Yeri also came out from their shared room. "What in the world is a YooGi?! That sounds so ugly." 

 

 

"So does Yeri." Joy replied. 

 

 

Yeri was about to throw Joy the nearest object she could get when Wendy spoke again. "Language, satanic maknaes. You don't want grandma to spank you guys, do you?" 

 

 

"Oh yours too, Wendy, it sounds ugly." Joy said, rhyming both of the words. 

 

 

Wendy gasped but before she could do and say something, a disheveled, tiny, figure came out from the room not too far from them. 

 

 

"Oh my god, Joohyun-Unnie, you're not sick anymore right?" Wendy asked. 

 

 

Joohyun just blankly stared at her. 

 

 

"Maybe Unnie is still sick." Yeri said, looking affectionately at Joohyun. "She has this disease called too-much-Seulgi-content-in-a-day-that-it-can-drive-you-mad."

 

 

Joy looked sympathetically at Joohyun and Yeri. "Yes. It's a rare case, only an organism in the name of Bae Joohyun suffers from it." 

 

 

Both the maknaes snickered, transferring behind the couch, getting ready just in case their now glaring Unnie throw something at them. 

 

 

Luckily, there wasn't. 

 

 

All they heard was a "Maybe I had a disease called too-much-noise-in-the-dorm-thanks-to-two-dimwits-that-are-close-to-getting-kicked-out-by-me" from Joohyun. 

 

 

"I remember you saying that to Seulgi-Unnie yet she's still here, one piece and alive." Joy said before running in their shared room with Yeri catching up also. 

 

 

Before they closed the door, they purposedly shouted, "But you're welcome Unnie." 

 

 

"Wow, what a morning." Joohyun sighed before heading to the kitchen leaving a gaping Wendy. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Still earlier

 

Joohyun's P.O.V

 

 

Truth be told, I don't even know why I feel bitter about that YooA girl. I mean, she's kind, cute, innocent also, nothing harmful.

 

 

And I get that she likes Seulgi. Yeah, like how a hoobae does to her sunbae but still..

 

 

I remember watching the second episode and how it happened at the day they filmed it.

 

 

"Unnie, don't you think I'm gonna be so early? Can I stay first? Sadness Unnie even said that ahjussi's not even here yet." Seulgi asked endlessly at Joohyun who's massaging her temples.

 

 

"Seriously, Seulgi, why are you even asking me these?" Joohyun asked, she was positive it was because the younger wanted to spend her precious time with her.

 

 

Seulgi went silent for a couple of seconds that it made Joohyun look at her with her right brow raised and wide eyes, in the eyes of the fans it was a cute sight, they also knew that this face of Irene or Joohyun showed her shy slash nervous side.

 

Of course Seulgi knew that also, well, except for the last one.

 

 

It was so cute for Seulgi she almost forgot what she was about to say, thanks to her unnie.

 

 

"So, are you just going to stare at me?" Joohyun smirked, amused at how Seulgi's been acting.

 

 

"A-ah. Of-of course, you must know b-because y-you're the l-leader. Yes! Our leader." Seulgi mentally sighed in relief when she saw Joohyun's smirk disappeared and was replaced with a smile.

 

 

But Seulgi swore she saw disappointment (?) also.

 

 

Yep, the second episode that she cursed under her breath.

 

 

Why in the world is Kang Seulgi even a whole package and such a loveable person?!

 

 

 

Joohyun's phone rung.

 

 

"Yes hello?"

 

 

"Joohyun Unnie!"

 

 

Joohyun's morning was now finer than before as her ears were blessed with Seulgi's cheerful voice.

 

 

"Why Seulgi? How's filming?"

 

 

Ofcourse Joohyun supressed the bitterness in her voice.

 

 

"I'm actually in a room with Sadness Unnie now. Can you come here?" Seulgi asked, more like pleaded.

 

 

Joohyun smiled. "Should I call the other memb-"

 

 

"The-they don't need to come unnie. J-just only y-you."

 

 

Joohyun doesn't know why but she found this stuttering (?) Seulgi really adorable.

 

 

"Okay then."

 

 

And that was how Joohyun had a cameo in Seulgi's cam. All the fans, particularly the SeulRene stans, rejoiced. 

 

 

-

 

 

As everyone said, happiness can be taken away from you and that was what Joohyun realized the moment she took a step inside their dorm. 

 

 

"Mayday! Mayday! Indian liner ninety-nine! Indian liner ninety-nine! I repeat! Mayday!" 

 

 

Joohyun saw how Wendy was shouting from their dining table, her right hand pressing her right ear as if she was wearing some wireless ear walkie talkie. 

 

 

On the other hand, she saw Yeri also flailing her arms while running around their living room. 

 

 

It was as if they never noticed her coming... or did they? 

 

 

"Mayday! Mayday! Seulrene Airlines are crashing on hard ground. I repeat! Hard ground!" 

 

 

Wendy's shouts gotten louder and Joohyun understood what she was trying to imply. 

 

 

Joohyun was about to hit Wendy when she ran so fast, like her life depended on it, to the living room. 

 

 

Joohyun just gasped at the view in front of her. 

 

 

 

 

"PARK SOOYOUNG WHY ARE YOU WEARING MY SAILOR OUTFIT FROM MUSIC BANK?!" 

 

 

For the second time, it was as if she wasn't there but Joohyun knows they know (ofcourse) from the way she shouted and from the way their eyes widened for a second. 

 

 

Yeri slumped hard on the sofa and that was when Wendy shouted again pressing her imaginary walkie talkie. 

 

 

 "Red alert, guys, red alert! Admit protocol! Seulrene Airlines crashed. Red alert!" 

 

 

Joohyun was so close to hitting Wendy again when Joy decided to make loud ship noises. 

 

 

 

"Boop. Boop." 

 

 

"What the- Wait.. Are you wearing... Bogum's sailor cap?!" Joohyun's eyes widened again, as far as she can remember the staff didn't let her wear nor give her that, only the outfit. 

 

 

"Why yes, devastated victim of Seulrene Airlines." Joy replied. 

 

 

Joohyun cannot believe what just happened, them talking  to her like that was unbelievable so she gasped again. 

 

 

"BOOP. BOOP." 

 

 

Joy once again shouted, this time more louder, while pulling something imaginary, which Joohyun believes is a smokestack of a ship. 

 

 

"Seulrene Submarine is sinking!" Joy shouted and dramatically panicked. 

 

 

The two dimwits named, Wendy and Yeri, decided to tag along pretending they were also boarding the said submarine.  

 

 

Wendy stopped. "Wait, submarines don't sink, right?" 

 

 

"Exactly." Joy cooly replied. "Seulrene has already sunken before they could even sink." 

 

 

Yeri gave a loud "OOOOOOHHH BURN." 

 

 

Joohyun successfully hit Joy's head with a nearby remote while she's making a run for it with the other two. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter