First Meeting

Caramel Macchiato
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I like it." His voice keeps on playing in my head. His smile, his eyes, his nose, his lips. How does he do it? It's not my first time having a good-looking customer, but why does he have an impact on me? 

"Lost in your thoughts again?" Chaeyoung, finally, someone I could talk to.

"Chaeng ah." From the moment she gave her full attention, there's a part of me that keeps on backing me off. Why can't I tell her about this guy? I mean, it's my first time talking about a guy, but it really shouldn't be an issue because I'm a girl who has feelings after all?

"Spill it." 

"There's this boy--"

"A Seoul guy?"

"Yes, well probably. He looked like one."

"Don't even think about it."

"Why?"

"Seoul guys are jerks. They play with innocent girls' hearts. Been there, done that."

"I just think he's cute."

"Did you guys like, talk?"

"He asked me to give the him the best I can offer."

"Every customer does that."

"But he's cute. The way I touched his hands, it was warm, like the morning sun."

"Good thing you didn't get burnt."

"Shut up Chaeng."

"Jokes aside, you better stop daydreaming about Seoul guys and focus on working hard. You have goals don't you?"

"You sound like my mom, if I had one."

"I am. Now shut up and sleep."

Every single day is a struggle for me. Making coffee is fun, talking to customers is beyond my happiness, but there is something missing. At this age, I'm supposed to be studying. I'm supposed to carry piano sheets, not trays. I'm supposed to drink coffee while reading, not to serve coffee to customers who are busy studying. I just want to continue pursuing my dream of being a pianist. But what am I doing here? Is it really my fate? 

"Dahyun." Goodness gracious, I've been daydreaming again weren't I?

"I apologize for being unresponsive. I will do better." 

"What do you mean? It's a holiday. Everybody's probably out of town. We got no customers. I was just gonna tell you to clean up and prepare to close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter