Accident #1

Accidents and Confessions

The first time Soonyoung confessed to Seokmin, it was during the younger's 6th birthday party.

•••••

 When Soonyoung was 5, his family moved from Namyangju to Seoul. To say Soonyoung was excited would be a big understatement. He was ecstatic. He waited all year for them to move since he always wanted to see what Seoul looks like. He was not disappointed.

Hopping out of their family's van, Soonyounh ran towards their new house. He stared at the nameplate ('Kwon' looked so pretty in gold) in awe before pushing the gates open. He grinned at the huge garden he saw and yelled at his parents and sister to move faster.

All his screaming and shouting grabbed his neighbors' attention. Old ladies and men gathered around their house with smiling faces and kind words.

"Aigoo, such a lovely child," an ahjumma said to his mom. Mrs. Kwon laughed as picked up a box filled with things.

"Very loud," his sister, Soyeo, teased. Soonyoung poked his tongue out before helping his mom carry some things. His dad passed him by and patted his head.

"Good work, son." The move took the whole day and Soonyoung was drained. He was lying on their new garden, watching the once blue sky turn pink and orange. He glanced at his house and saw his mom and dad talking and laughing before smiling contently. Soonyoung looked away, wanting to give his parents privacy. He concluded that he liked Seoul despite just arriving. He has a good feeling about this whole moving thing.

And he was right because the next day, Soonyoung met Seokmin, the boy who will soon steal his heart.

It was around lunch time, the Kwon family was eating lunch on the floor since the rest of their things like their table didn't arrive yet. Their doorbell rang and like a dog, Soonyoung perked up and ran towards their gate. He felt Soyeo follow him but he ignored her. He was busy trying to get their gate open as fast as he can.

When he did, a pretty lady greeted him.

"Oh, hello there," the lady said. Soonyoung beamed at her before being pushed by Soyeo. Soonyoung huffed before looking back at the lady. She was holding a plate with cake on it. Soonyoung's eyes widened as he felt his mouth twitch.

He wanted the cake.

"Hello. Are you a neighbor?" Soyeo asked politely. The lady smiled before nodding.

"Yes. My name is Lee Sani. I'm here to give you this cake." The lady, Ms Lee, raised the cake a bit before handing it over to Soyeo. Soonyoung cheered loudly as he ran around the garden.

"Cake! Cake! Cake!" He chanted over and over again. His parents went out to see what caused the ruckus and they greeted Ms Lee.

"Hello, my name is Kwon Mina and this is my husband, Jongmin.We just moved yesterday,"  Mrs. Kwon said.

"Hi, my name is Lee Sani. I live next door with my family."

Mr. Kwon smiled as he shook Mrs. Lee's hands. Mrs. Kwon took the cake from Soyeo's hands and instructed her to calm the now energized Soonyoung.

"My husband would have greeted you too but he has work right now," Mrs. Lee said with a sigh.

"Oh, I know the feeling. After today, I would spend my days alone, husbandless," Mrs. Kwon joked. Mrs. Lee laughed while Mr. Kwon rolled his eyes but he smiled.

"Whatever you say, honey. We need to go back in now. How about you join us for lunch, Mrs. Lee? My wife would certainly love to have another lady with us," Mr. Kwon asked. Mrs. Kwon's eyes brightened as she turned towards Mrs. Lee.

"Oh? That would be lovely. I accept but let me get my child first. Seokmin wanted to see our new neighbors too." With that, Mrs. Lee left for a while.

Soonyoung was dragged by Soyeo back inside their furnitureless house and continued their lunch. Their doorbell rang again but this time, Mrs. Kwon answered it.

A loud laughter got Soonyoung's attention as he turned towards the door. Mrs. Kwon arrived with Mrs. Lee who was holding a grinning child.

The laughter came from the new boy and Soonyoung had an uncontrollable urge to befriend him. So he did.

Soonyoung bounced his way towards Mrs. Lee and the boy. He smiled widely before making a grand bow.

"Hi, Mrs. Lee! My name is Kwon Soonyoung and I'm five years old," Soonyoung exclaimed while holding up five fingers. Both Mrs. Lee and the boy giggled at him. 

"Hello Soonyoung, this is..." Mrs. Lee gestured her son to continue.

"My name is Lee Seokmin and I am four years old!" Soonyoung tackled Seokmin and engulfed the younger in a tight hug. Seokmin broke into laughter as he hugged Soonyoung back.

The two loud boys were left alone by the Kwons and Mrs. Lee as they decided to let them get to know each other.

"Soonyoung sure is lively," Mrs. Lee commented. Soyeo snickered as she ate her food.

"You have no idea." Mr. Kwon made an exagerrated frown. Mrs. Kwon giggled.

"Oh, I think I do," Mrs. Lee smiled. "My Seokmin is very loud too."

The adults laughed as Soyeo looked confused. What was so funny?

Away from their parents and sibling, Soonyoung and Seokmin got to know each other while still locked in their tight hug.

"What's your favorite show?" Soonyoung asked as he rolled around with Seokmin in his arms.

"Ohhh I like Power Rangers!" Seokmin excitedly replied. Soonyoung gasped as he hugged tighter.

"That's my favorite show too!" Now it was Seokmin who gasped.

"No way!" The two giggled as they rolled around the floor. 

After an hour and a half, Mrs. Lee had to go.

"I still to take Seokmin to the hospital. He has been coughing for days now." Mrs. Lee looked apologetic but Mrs. Kwon assured her that it was fine.

"You two can visit again tomorrow. I'm sure Soonyoung would love that plus you live next door. We can visit you too." The two ladies laughed and it was time to bid Seokmin goodbye.

Soonyoung was already crying when they walked the Lees towards the gate. He clutched onto Seokmin's arms, not wanting to let his new friend go.

Seokmin was also teary eyed too but he didn't let it fall. His mom told him that he can visit Soonyoung anytime so it won't be a permanent goodbye.

"Noooo," Soonyoung cried as he bawled. Seokmin was trying to break free from his grasp to no avail. Soyeo covered her ears as Soonyoung continued to make a scene.

"Soonyoung, Seokmin needs to go to the doctor. He's sick, you see," Mrs. Kwon gently told her son. "If you won't let him go, the doctor can't heal him. Do you want Seokmin to get hurt?"

Soonyoung was quiet and after a while, he finally lets go. He still has tears falling from his eyes but he tried to stop it.

"Annyeong, hyung," Seokmin waved dejectedly as he walked hand in hand with his mom towards their car. Soonyoung waved back with less energy as well.

"Annyeong, chingu-ah."

•••••
Seokmin came by the next day and Soonyoung was back to being the loud kid he used to be. He was sulking for the rest of the day yesterday but now he was fine.

He and Seokmin went around the neighborhood and played games as well as roleplayed some scenes.

"Let's act like an old married couple!" Soonyoung exclaimed as they passed by an old married couple. It was getting late and Soonyoung knows it was almost time to bid Seokmin farewell again so he wanted to do something memorable before then.

Seokmin looked confused at first so Soonyoung explained to him.

"I'll be the halmeoni and you'll be the halabeoji. We can act sweet and cute together!" After thinking for a moment, Seokmin agreed. They practiced faking old people voices which ended in a disaster. They laughed and laughed before deciding to just talk normally but still act sweet and cute.

As they walked back towards their street, they held hands and chatted.

"Ahh, honey, how was your day?" Seokmin asked, too into his character already. Soonyoung giggled as he squeezed Seokmin's hand.

"It was amazing because you were there, dear!" They both looked shy as they let their act go on. It was fun, Soonyoung had a blast acting like he's married to Seokmin.

When they finally reached his house, Soonyoung decided to end their act with a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye, dear," Soonyoung said dramatically as he faked cried into his arms. Seokmin was waving and screaming goodbyes at him as he walked over towards his own house.

"I LOVE YOU, HONEY!" Seokmin said one last time before running into his house. His words made Soonyoung blush and he felt weird in his belly. Huh.

•••••
When Soonyoung turned six, he celebrated his birthday with his family and the Lees. Soonyoung made a lot of friends over the past year, both in their neighborhood and school, but when his parents asked him who he wanted to invite to his birthday party, Soonyoung only wanted Seokmin. They asked him again to make sure and Soonyoung said yes.

His party was a bit quiet, his dad and Mr. Lee talked about basketball as the mothers talked about the current gossip in the neighborhood. Soyeo was busy stuffing her face with cake and Soonyoung was sitting outside on their garden with Seokmin.

His best friend asked him to cover his eyes as Seokmin prepared his gift. At first Soonyoung argued but after Seokmin pleaded with his puppy eyes, Soonyoung conceded.

With his eyes closed and palms open, Soonyoung felt anxious. I wonder what Seokmin got me, he thought. He never really cared for gifts since he can just ask his parents to buy whatever he wants but for some reason, he was nervous about Seokmin's gift. What if he reacted wrongly and Seokmin might get offended. The newly turned six years old wouldn't know what to do. 

He was about to ask Seokmin to hurry it up when he felt something heavy was placed on his palms.

"Okaaay," Seokmin sang. "You can open your eyes now."

When Soonyoung opened his eyes, he gasped. On his hand was the limited edition Red Ranger figurine he wanted to ask his parents for Christmas. He was in shock as he examined the toy. It was pretty and the paint looked shiny under the moonlight.

He turned towards Seokmin who was beaming at him. Soonyoung was speechless.

"Haha, bet you're speechless huh?" Seokmin teased. Soonyoung nodded as he took turns looking at Seokmin and the figurine as if asking how did he knew Soonyoung wanted the toy?

"I asked Mrs. Kwon," Seokmin answered as if reading his mind. "I saved up my allowance from last year and I finally had enough to get you this... Are you happy?"

Soonyoung tackled Seokmin and hugged him tighter than the first time they hugged. That was the moment Soonyoung fell in love, even if he didn't notice it yet.

•••••
Ever since his sixth birthday party, Soonyoung would find himself thinking of Seokmin. It was weird since he spends most of his time with the said boy yet he still thinks about him. The six years old was confused as to why he was like that so he decided to ask someone who knew all the answers in the world: his mom.

After bidding Seokmin goodbye, Soonyoung searched for his mother. He found her in their kitchen making dinner. After greeting his mom, Soonyoung went straight to the point.

"Mommy, I have a question," Soonyoung asked seriously. Mrs. Kwon raised a brow before turning the stove off and gave her son her full attention.

"What is it, dear?"

"I have been... Feeling things, mommy. Whenever I think of someone, my tummy acts weird." Soonyoung pouted, it was truly a mystery to him. But for Mrs. Kwon, it was as clear as a sunny day.

She knelt down and hugged her son. She never expected her baby boy to fall in love so soon. Oh Soonyoung.

"What does that mean mommy? Am I sick?" When Mrs. Kwon laughed, Soonyoung furrowed his eyebrows. What was so funny?

"Sorry, honey. It's just that I never expected you to feel that emotion so soon," Mrs. Kwon said. Soonyoung was even more confused.

"You're in love, Soonyoung."

•••••
In love. What did his mom mean by being in love? He knew the word love but when his mom said it, it sounded different. It sounded foreign to Soonyoung. 

Soonyoung felt annoyed at his mom's vague words (well, vague words for him anyway). Why can't she just tell him straight on?

He huffed and puffed around his room until Soyeo, who decided to play in his room, finally got annoyed and asked her brother to sit down.

"Noona, can I ask you a question?" Soonyoung thought that if his mom can't answer him, maybe his older sister can. Soyeo looked confused but allowed her brother to continue.

"What's being in love?" The fifth grader widened her eyes as she did not expect her brother to ask her that. She thought for a moment before answering Soonyoung.

"It means being like eomma and appa. They are in love with each other so they always think of each other and care for each other. They also want to be with each other all the time, although in appa's case its quite hard because of his job, but I know he misses eomma during the day." Soyeo tried to explain as simple as possible so when Soonyoung said "Aaaahh.." She knews she succeeded.

Soonyoung mulled over Soyeo's words a big. He did always think of Seokmin, he also cares for him a great deal and he would rather be with him more than his other friends so does that mean... He's in love with Seokmin? Maybe he is.

•••••
"Happy birthday Seokmin~" The Lees and Kwons sang. Just like Soonyoung, Seokmin celebrated his sixth birthday with just his parents and the Kwons. The adults joke that it will soon become a tradition as Soonyoung pulled Seokmin to the side.

He thought of a perfect gift for Seokmin (since he loves him and all) and he came up with... A ring. Not a real silver ring, but a plastic ring Soonyoung bought near his dad's workplace. He searched in the net what would make a great gift to somebody you love and the net said a ring would be nice.

When he slid on the ring into Seokmin's finger, he blushed. He saw his parents old wedding video and what he was doing now, slipping a ring into a finger, looked very similar to what his parents did in the video.

"Woah, a ring!" Seokmin grinned. He inspected the ring and side hugged Soonyoung.

"This is so cool, hyung!" Soonyoung grinned as well, showing Seokmin a matching ring. The birthday boy gasped as he jumped excitedly.

"Oh! We look like a married couple! We're a real life halmeoni and halabeoji!" Seeing Seokmin so happy and full of joy, Soonyoung can't stop the three words from escaping his mouth.

"I love you."

•••••

Chappie one is here and I seriously love writing child!Hoshi and child!Dokyeom. Its so easy since they both act like children 99% of the time XD I did have a hard time writing about how Hoshi should think since he is still a child in this chapter. He used words like vague and I don't think a kid would know that means so please excuse my mistakes. Its been long time since I was a kid so I don't know if kids nowadays thinks like this...

Hope you liked chapter one and if you did, leave a comment and suscribe ㅇ ㅅ ㅇ)