Final

My Mate is a Retriever.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He was a new-born when he was taken into her shelter. The moment he opened his eyes, she was the first thing he saw and he fell in love with her. She calls herself mommy and she calls him, Hunnie. As days passed, Hunnie learnt to walk and that day on, he knew his name is not actually Hunnie, but Sehun. Sehun can’t wait for his first birthday because according to mommy, that will be the day he will have his human form.

 

Sehun is a hybrid, a human hybrid. His genes are more canine than human. But since the genes are there, he will be getting a human form and when his human form comes, he will learn all human natures like walking on two feet, talking and manners. That is what his mommy, a human had told him.

 

Sehun felt very sick the night before his birthday. He barked and gained his mommy’s attention. She patted his head, and played with his ears telling him what is happening. The pain was unbearable for him and he leaned in for her touches. He went to sleep after drinking some milk, accompanied by mommy’s singing voice.

 

Morning was different for him. He felt hands and legs. He blinked his eyes and looked around. Everything looked the same but when he looked at himself, he was the one different. He stood on his legs, taking careful steps to the mirror. He doesn’t even know if he is big or small. Sehun took a deep breath and saw himself in the mirror.

 

He is small. His legs are short and his hands are pale. Sehun stared at his face for some time and decided that he like how he looks in his human form. His hair is brown, just like his fur. His skin is pale just like his mommy’s. He touched his hair which feels just as soft as his fur. He likes it. He likes his human form very much.

 

 

-Present time-

 

 

Mommy taught Sehun everything she can about human when Sehun changes into his human form. They often go back to the clinic Sehun came from for check-ups and that is when he know he is now a full grown dog and his human form will be an adult soon too. Sehun hears it all when the doctor explains to mommy about his progress as a dog and when he is asked to change to his human form, the doctor speaks to him.

 

“How do you feel, Sehun?”

 

“I feel very well, doctor.” Sehun replies politely. Mommy had always reminded him to be polite and he loves it when mommy gives him treats by the end of the day for being a good boy.

 

“You should at least be in your human form once a day from now, Sehun. The human in you must grow, be an adult like your dog.”

 

“I will doctor. I will go to park and walk like humans.” Sehun promises the doctor. The doctor laughs and Sehun looks at his mommy curiously.

 

“You taught him well Lila, but I must say, he is a charming one. Keep him safe from the other dogs Lila. The mating is near.”

 

Sehun flushes when he hears it. He believes that he is still young to be mated. He has a lot to learn still, a lot to see around his neighbourhood. It felt like he was just a pup weeks ago and now there’s mating.

 

“Do not worry, doctor. I will keep an eye on my precious Hunnie.”

 

 

 

Sehun follows mommy to the store. She begged him to be in his human form but Sehun argued that he had been in his human form the whole day and he should be in his actual form. He has his leash on and he hops on the passenger seat of her car. He loves sticking his head out the window and have the wind hit his face gracefully. This is his favourite part of going on a car ride.

 

Sehun waits in the car when his mommy leaves to buy vegetables by the roadside. He looks around, telling himself that he should come here and explore again. He spots a group of dogs in a distance and he shudders when one of them spot him in the car. All five dogs turn to look at him and Sehun looks away. This must be their territory and Sehun, being a new dog is invading their territory. He wants no fight and he displays it clearly. But there’s this one dog running towards him. His presence feels powerful.

 

The other dog is pearl white and his eyes are dark brown; a unique combination for a dog. Sehun stares at the dog. He is safe inside the car because somehow he feel that he would be ripped if he is out there.

 

It barks him. “Get out of here.”

 

Sehun’s tail stops wagging. Sehun could not understand why he is chasing him away.

 

“I don’t want to fight. I am here with my mommy.” Sehun barks back. He really wishes the dog would go now.

 

“I don’t care. I want you out of my sight!” It barks again, but this time showing its sharp teeth.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter