1527 to Charing Cross

1527 Charing Cross

 

With the weather a blur of grey and my mind a haze of monotone, I plugged my earphones in and raised the volume, letting the music drown the chatter around me. 

As I walked down, rain spat down on me. Everyone around me seemed to ignore the bullets of water perfectly fine, so I copied them and continued to walking. 

Once I got to the road, I saw two of my friends at the bus stop. One of them caught my eye, so I waved at her before turning away to cross the road. I saw the bus coming down. 

I began to trek up the hill that finally led to the train station. A girl around year nine huffed and puffed her way up. I followed her closely, in hopes that I could get away by having her tap in and pretend I did too. 

The man didn't once glance up. 

My train came. It came to a stop. My mind debated whether or not I should've ran. My feet ran, then stopped. Then ran, then came to a halt. 

I wouldn't get it in time. 

I stepped onto the first stair. 

It was still there. 

My legs sped up. 

It was still there. 

I ran up until I my left foot got onto the top stair. 

It began to move. 

I could've made it. If I tried, and ran my titan run, I really could've made it. But I didn't. So here I sit, waiting fifteen minutes for my next train to Grove Park, writing this. 

Maybe next time.  

Update: I got a £20 fine.