Part 2 (END)

Technical Faults

By the end of the week, two of the three kids put in the infirmary from the Slytherin versus Hufflepuff game were given the pass to resume back to their daily student activities. The only one left bedridden was Luhan.

Baekhyun put aside eating one afternoon to visit him. It was a little sickening when the bludger smashed into his side, sending the blonde off his broom and plummeting to the ground where he made a devastating impact.

From what Baekhyun heard, he suffered a broken arm and a few ribs. Just thinking about the information was almost worst as replaying the scene in his head. The other players took the time of confusion to their advantage and managed to score before the whistle blew for a time out.

Chanyeol stayed away from the scene, but his teammates closed in, wanting a view of their work—and it infuriated the brunette. To him, Chanyeol should’ve said something, but he didn’t, which resulted in two other Hufflepuff players being injured.

If only he spoke up and tried to be decent for once, maybe the other two injuries could’ve been avoided. Regardless of the fact that he wasn’t the captain, people still looked up to him and heeded his words, so what the hell?

Striding into the infirmary, Baekhyun smiled at the nurses before spotting an extremely bandaged and cared-for male. Slowly, he approached the bed, putting a hand on the bed’s railing.

“Hey.”

Mustering up a smile, Luhan nodded. “Hi, Baekhyun.”

“How’re the broken bones?” Baekhyun asked, taking a seat next to the bed.

“Still broken,” the latter answered, groaning as he shifted himself slightly for comfort. “My side still hurts like hell.”

“Does it?” Pursing his lips, Baekhyun looked over the Hufflepuff’s injuries. “I’m sorry.”

Luhan laughed until his body rejected the action by aching. “It’s nothing. Besides, you weren’t the bloke that did that stupid foul.”

“Yeah, but I knew him.”

“Well, you had nothing to do with it anyways… even if you were dating one of them.”

That point was true, but Baekhyun kept his lips sealed. Though Luhan dismissed Chanyeol as one of the common crowds of the Slytherin house, the brunette knew otherwise. Though sometimes blooming with the arrogance and pride that Slytherins were known to possess in character, Chanyeol was different in that he actually had a conscience at times. Sometimes sweet like a Gryffindor and smart like a Ravenclaw. But never the type to do harm intentionally… No matter what kind…

Reaching over, Baekhyun put a hand on Luhan’s shoulder, smiling. “I just came to see how you were doing. You better get well soon. Oh, and I have this.” Reaching into his robe, he pulled out a tiny box and put it in Luhan’s hand. “Sehun asked me to hand this to you. Said to give you his wishes.”

“Tell him thanks, then,” Luhan replied, looking at the small delicate box. “What is this?”

“Chocolate from Honeydukes.”

“I don’t think Madam Pomfrey will let me eat this.”

Laughing, Baekhyun stood up, putting a finger to his lips. “Then eat it in secret.”









Baekhyun didn’t have much love for prophecies or oracles, but passing the class he took for the hell of it was nonetheless important. Staring at his black bowl, he tried to understand what his broken oracle bone was trying to tell him, but he found no luck on the matter. It was just a bone. However, the professor was deeply graphic and enthused by the subject. Baekhyun couldn’t help but try and put in an effort.

All he saw was brittle matter snapped in two. Whether that symbolized anything, he didn’t know. The professor never wandered towards him to explain.







It was interesting. Muggle studies.

Though Baekhyun believed in doing good in one’s own efforts, Jongin had bothered him so much with his assignments, the brunette gave in, accepting to help the wizard with his work. Being the fact that he was a muggle born, Baekhyun was an expert with the subject that pertained to his entire life.

Focused on commanding a quill in midair to write a paper in Jongin’s handwriting, Baekhyun felt himself jerk the second the chair across from him was pulled from its place and another student came to occupy the space. When he lifted his eyes, he frowned.

“Muggle studies… What’re you taking this class for?” Chanyeol slipped one of the books from Baekhyun’s stack and flipped it open. “I think you should know this stuff by now.”

Ignoring the spiked conversation, Baekhyun continued on with his work. “What do you want, Chanyeol?”

“Nothing,” the latter answered. “Just thought I’d come by here and take a seat.”

Baekhyun said nothing. The quill stopped moving and he flicked his wand again to change the parchment to a new and clean one.

“How’s Luhan?”

“He’s doing fine. Cast is still on, but he’s okay now.”

Nodding, Chanyeol paused. “I’m sorry. I should’ve done something.”

“It’s okay.” Baekhyun turned a page.

With his jaw locked, Chanyeol shut the textbook in his hand and set it back down on the table. “I talked to them after the game. I also visited Luhan immediately after the match and then again just the other day... I saw you just before I walked in.”

“Oh?” Glancing over Chanyeol’s way, Baekhyun knew he was treading on thin ice.

“I didn’t expect you to be there, and I just—” He put a hand to his head, clearly frustrated, and Baekhyun tried to ignore it, but it was inevitable for him to take notice. “Listen, there’s a trip to Hogsmeade soon. I want you to go.”

“I always go, Chanyeol.”

“But with me.”

There were a million things running through Baekhyun’s mind. First off all, he had to concentrate about what he wanted on the paper or else the quill would either stop working or write something else—oh god. Glancing over at the new parchment, Baekhyun saw that the quill had written his rambling thoughts from “What should I tell him?” to “Maybe I can tell him—”

Snatching the paper, Baekhyun crumpled it in his hands. “I don’t know, Chanyeol. Jongdae and Kyungsoo are expecting me to go with them.”

Cocking his head, Chanyeol gave him a look. “Give them an excuse.”

“But I don’t want to,” the brunette sighed. “Look, I have a lot of things to do, including all of this. So if you don’t mind, I’d really appreciate it if you—”

“Why do you keep doing this?” the Slytherin sharply asked, cutting him off short. “I just want to be alone with you. Spend a day with my boyfr…” His voice drifted, jaw tensed before he finished. “Boyfriend. And you’re acting like—”

“Chanyeol.” Drawing his brows together, Baekhyun pursed his lips, looking stern. “We’re not dating anymore.”

“You’re my ex…” Chanyeol’s voice rang dry by the end of his words, pushing his chair back. “I can’t say it, Baek. Curses, hexes, dark magic, anything. I can say those things, but I can’t wrap my head around calling you an ex.”

With his shoulders slanted, Baekhyun inhaled, muttering, “Then try.”

“I am trying!” Chanyeol hissed lowly enough for only Baekhyun to hear. “But it’s not fair to me. This entire thing isn’t fair to me and you know it… You won’t tell me why, you won’t give me the real reasons, you avoid me now like I’m the god damn black plague threatening to kill you and—”

“Chanyeol, look at this.” Gripping one of Jongin’s books, Baekhyun held it in front of him. The quill froze in midair as his focus was finally ripped from the assignment.

Not in any mood to be thrown off, Chanyeol took the book and forced Baekhyun’s hands to slam it back down. “No. For once in your life, live up to your god damn house’s reputation and quit being a coward against me.”

It was insulting to be finger-pointed as a coward. In Baekhyun’s mind, what he did was brave. Letting the Slytherin in front of him go was the hardest thing he had to do, so it was nothing less than a slap on the face for the very same man to call him a coward for what he did. Gritting his teeth, Baekhyun pulled the book from Chanyeol’s grasp and held it up as close to the Slytherin’s face as he could.

“Muggle studies,” he growled, voice weakly shaking. “I’ll read it again. Muggle Studies.”

Annoying, Chanyeol snatched the book from the brunette and firmly put it back in the stack beside them. “Okay, I get it. You’re doing someone’s assignment, now quit trying to change the damn subject.”

Frustrated, Baekhyun jerked from his seat, standing up high as he looked down at the male across from him. “Muggle, Chanyeol. It’s what I practically am. I’m a muggle born.”

Chest heaving, Chanyeol slowly rose from his seat, surpassing the latter in height in a matter of seconds. “And?”

“You’re a pureblood.”

“And?”

God, how many times was he going to say that word? Baekhyun began to feel pressure in his chest and knew he had to escape from the situation. Fight or flight and the brunette was going to choose flight if it wasn’t for Chanyeol suddenly walking around the table, stalking toward him.

“And it’s just impossible for us to exist.” It was simply said and Baekhyun tried to ignore the feeling in his body as he quickly took Jongin’s books into his arms. “That’s all.”

“That’s it?” From the look on his face, Baekhyun could tell Chanyeol was enflamed. “That’s what you broke up with me for!? Blood differences!?”

Turning his head, Baekhyun saw people, and having an audience was the least of his desires. As he maneuvered and walked to areas more isolated, he knew that Chanyeol was trailing close behind. If there was one thing to thank the founding wizards and witches of the castle, it had to be for the large library and its endless amount of empty rows.

“It’s really not…” Baekhyun paused, finding an empty row and leading the latter with him before turning around. “This summer, I just came to realize that it wouldn’t last so I just decided to end it. You and I were bound to break up somewhere along the line anyways, so before either of us got hurt for such a stupid reason, I just thought that I’d—”

“You, you, you. Everything’s about you,” Chanyeol interrupted, laughing bitterly as he advanced in on the brunette. “Your summer, your realizations, your thoughts, your decision—It’s just you! And what about me? Where the hell’s my input on this entire ing decision? I never had a voice in this.”

“You did when you introduced me to your parents as your friend.” Groaning, Baekhyun turned his back to the male and walked down the aisle, heading toward a table and throwing Jongin’s books on it. “It didn’t hit me until then that they’d never accept me, Chanyeol. Like hell they’d let our relationship be as it was and plus, it’d make for one hell of a family dinner party, wouldn’t it?”

“Why do you worry so much about the little things?”

“It’s not little!”

How could he think it was a little thing to be upset over? Maybe Chanyeol didn’t understand, and Baekhyun gave that a thought, but it was a little nerve wrecking for someone so important to be unable to see his situation.

“So what, you’re scared of being disliked by my family? What else? What has the smart little Gryffindor cowering in his corner when it comes to me?”

Turning around, Baekhyun faced him. Chanyeol was intimidating in height and it wasn’t something that could easily be overcome, and despite the fact that they dated, Baekhyun still felt like a runt sometimes.

“I thought I’d just spare you the trouble.”

“Honestly, what trouble you tried to ‘spare’ me from actually brought on more than what you thought in the first place.” Crossing his arms, Chanyeol glowered. “You know, the first week when everyone found out you practically dumped me, I had a handful of people try and ask me out. You’d think people would have some decency into at least letting me try and get over you at first, but you really can’t trust people sometimes.”

Snorting, Baekhyun raised a brow. No one approached him after they broke up. Not one invitation or flirtatious message, so the brunette had nothing to counter the statement with. “I don’t understand how that’s bad. People want you, obviously. You’re like some black market drug that people want, so why is that such a bad thing?”

“Why’re you so dumb for someone in Gryffindor!?” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“Well, I’m not in Ravenclaw, !”

“Then news for you, I don’t want them. Now come here!”

Alarmed, Baekhyun took a step back but was kept in place by the table behind him. Reaching into his robe, he pulled out a wand and pointed it straight ahead until it pressed against Chanyeol’s chest. “No.”

“What’re you going to do? Curse me?”

“Maybe.”

“You don’t have the guts to do it.”

Sighing, Chanyeol put his hand on the way and pushed it down toward the ground. “I turned eighteen a few weeks ago, you know.”

Biting his bottom lip, Baekhyun nodded, keeping the wand pointed down, but without the decision to put it back in its place. “Actually, I do know. I heard the birthday song all the way from my table. You have a loud crowd of friends, Chanyeol, and I think half the people singing were girls trying to put on a show for you. From what I heard, you should’ve smiled and enjoyed yourself more.”

“Yeah, well, how could I do that when on the other side of the stupid hall, I could see you?” he asked, rolling his eyes. “Anyways, point of the matter is, I’m eighteen and my father just set me up with an interview with the Ministry Department of Magical Law Enforcement. If I pass the interview, which there’s a fat chance that I will, because, I mean, come on, look at me, then I’ll get into the program. By the time fall comes around next year, I’ll have a job and I’ll be able to move out.”

“Chanyeol.”

Shaking his head, Chanyeol refused to be interrupted. “I’m thinking about London, but I’ll move to the outskirts if that’s what’ll suit you better. I don’t really care—”

“What the—” Baekhyun’s jaw slacked. A slight blush rushed to his cheeks. “What’re you saying?”

“You want to know what I’m sayi`ng?” The way he cocked his head made Baekhyun slightly worried. “I’m saying that my family never should’ve even been a problem because if they didn’t approve, then to hell with them. I was going to move out anyway.”

“You can’t just choose me over your family.”

Bobbing his head from side to side, Chanyeol shrugged. “A Christmas card should do every year. We’re not that close of a family unit, so it shouldn’t even bother. You saw how my family was when I invited you over, plus that day you tried to see me on your own. I want something different.”

Dropping his shoulders, Baekhyun gave him a look. “Why do you never give up…”

“If I gave up so easily without looking for other ways to solve my problems—especially our problems—then I wouldn’t get anywhere,” Chanyeol answered easily. “Besides, isn’t that why I’m a Slytherin. For being clever?”

“I don’t know if you’re really clever or just persistent and lucky with whatever it is that you decide to do.”

“Well, nothing’s going to work out if you don’t agree with what I have to say next, because I can plan all I want, how long it’ll take depends on you.”

Unconsciously, Baekhyun held in his breath, practically a mess on the inside. “Okay,” he said cautiously. “What is it?”

“First, I want you to come to Hogsmeade with me next weekend. I have something you might like. Second, you never got me anything for my birthday, so I expect you to forget about the last three months as your present to me. Take a dose of Temporalis Amnesia for all I care. Just forget about everything you’re scared of.”

“The concoction doesn’t work like that, Chanyeol.”

“I was just making a point, Baekhyun.”

“Fine. Go on.”

“I asked you this question five times last year. Two of those times, you thought I was joking. Third time, you jinxed my cauldron and spilled my assignment on purpose because you thought I was joking again…”

Baekhyun remembered. It was the only ten points lost he was ever proud of.

“The fourth time was the only time you rejected me properly like a normal human being, because by the time I asked again for the fifth time, you told me that Luhan was your boyfriend thinking that it’d throw you off.”

“And it didn’t.”

“No,” Chanyeol said, “because I knew he was dating Sehun, anyway.”

Raising a brow, Baekhyun was genuinely surprised that the giant knew. Interesting.

“And what about the sixth?”

“I’m pretty sure you remember the sixth.”

“Remind me.”

Catching wind of Baekhyun’s change of tone, Chanyeol cocked his head to the left, putting a hand on the book shelf as he leaned in. “Sixth, I took you to the astronomy tower and kissed you until you couldn’t say no. Romantic, isn’t it?”

“I remember it differently,” Baekhyun said, lightly arguing. “I remember you saying you’d jump off the tower if I didn’t admit I wasn’t dating Luhan. I called you out on it, and then you kissed me out of desperation.”

“Actually, kissing you was the plan. That entire thing about jumping off was just improv. You know what improv is, don’t you? Muggles love it as a form of comedic entertainment. I think it’s quite fascinating. Anyways, is this the part where we make up and make out, because I’d honestly like to take you somewhere else other than in this dusty library.”

Tilting his own head slightly to the side as he lifted his chin to meet Chanyeol’s eyes strongly, Baekhyun kept his face stoic. “You never asked me your question.”

“You know, you’re a bit too cheeky for someone who should be apologizing for breaking up so irrationally.”

Softening the expression on his face, Baekhyun nodded. “Right… Well, I’m sorry…” He paused. “But you know I did have very logical reasons and—”

Putting a finger to Baekhyun’s lips, Chanyeol shook his head. “Don’t ruin a perfectly acceptable apology,” he said before removing his touch. “Now, for the seventh time, will you date me?”

“No.” The answer arrived sharply.

Chanyeol was taken aback for a split millisecond. “Okay, see here, Byun. We can’t just solve out our issues and then take ten steps back. That’s counterproductive to everything we—”

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said, interrupting. “Sometimes, I think we were sorted into the wrong houses. I’m more of an than you are.”

“That’s not true.”

“And let’s face it, I do nothing for you, really.”

“That’s not true either.”

“I don’t know why you’re a Slytherin. Maybe it’s because of the vibe you give off that has people swooning over you, but in private, you do realize you’re softer than I am, right?” Chanyeol’s features looked so perplexed, Baekhyun couldn’t help himself. He reached up with a hand, dragging his thumb on the latter’s cheek as he caressed his face. “I’m so guarded, you’d think I have no heart to even begin with.”

“Not true. You’re like an onion,” Chanyeol said, grabbing the hand before it had the chance to pull away. Then he kissed it. “Of course you have a heart. You may have stupid layers, but I like peeling you. Figuratively and literally because I think no one else turns me on like you do—god, the way you do that thing with your on me is like—”

If his hand wasn’t trapped in the Slytherin’s grip, Baekhyun would’ve pulled away. And if he didn’t care about hurting him, he would’ve blown the giant away with one flick of his wand. Reluctantly, Baekhyun did nothing but turn red.

“Okay, moving on,” the brunette said quickly. “In Divination, we had to look into the future with these bones. All I saw were two bones broken in half and I thought that it meant us, so I just decided to believe that for a while.”

Chanyeol frowned. “The chicken bones that new professor gave us? You’re honestly out of wit if you think that I’d ever be okay with you making decisions from looking at chicken bones.”

“I’m not very good at divination, anyhow, so it doesn’t matter.”

“Good! It shouldn’t,” Chanyeol agreed. “Now, will you—”

“Chanyeol, will you go out with me?”

The question left his lips so quickly, Baekhyun could barely render the words he just said. Chanyeol was left surprised, but amused. And before the brunette could do anything else, he swooped in and gave a quick kiss to the lips, smirk placed firmly on his face as he pulled away, gently pressing his forehead against the small male’s.

“I’ll say yes under the condition that you think about coming to live with me when I’m all moved out.”

“Will you introduce me to your parents?” Baekhyun said softly.

“You bet your tiny , I will.”

“Then okay. We’ll see how this goes…” Exhaling, Baekhyun put away his wand before reaching out and pulling Chanyeol against him. “I miss hugging you like this.”

“That’s your fault.”

“Don’t play smart.”

Grinning, Chanyeol dragged his hands down Baekhyun’s back before he lifted him up by the back of his thighs. The brunette gave a quiet yelp of surprise before hitting his back against the book shelf.

“I’ve been wanting to do this to you all summer. You kind of pushed my plans back by a few months, so I’m getting started on my bucket list right now.”

Laughing, Baekhyun moved his arms to loosely wrap around the male’s neck. “I’m sorry.”

“I accept your apology, Byun, now be a good Gryffindor, wrap your little legs around me and keep quiet.”

And for the first time that year, the brunette didn’t argue.





Questions surfaced in his own mind about his standing with the Slytherin walking just inches away from him to his left. A kiss or two certainly did anything was back to how it used to be, granted that the brunette let the male’s hand slip in areas it should’ve have been in.

Kyungsoo had grabbed him by the hand to pull him along with the rest of the dormitory boys as they began walking to the village, but Chanyeol threw him a hard expression before Baekhyun stepped in and told his roommate that he’d be spending the day with Chanyeol.

Despite the giant’s intimidating looks, Kyungsoo had pulled the brunette off to the side for a moment to ask if he’d be alright. “He is a Slytherin, you know. Can’t trust them after what happened to Luhan out on the field.”

True, but Chanyeol was a different case. Nodding, Baekhyun let him know that it was fine. “I suppose, but I have to trust my boyfriend. At least, a little bit even though he’s who he is.”

Rarely was Kyungsoo caught off-guard by anything, but it was just so as his eyes widened and lips parted in shock. Before he could spin a question, Jongdae made an appearance, broke through the Slytherins surrounding the couple and hooked his arm with Kyungsoo’s dragging him away.

“We’ll see you back in the dorm, Baek. Come on, Soo. Close that mouth of yours. Jongin’s staring…”

When Baekhyun rejoined Chanyeol’s side, the male took to watching Kyungsoo suspiciously as the two met eyes and shared a common glare. “I’m guessing you haven’t told them yet.”

“No,” Baekhyun dismissed as he shrugged. “But they know now. So, what do you have planned for today?”

“I don’t know. A lot of people are heading to Zonko’s Joke Shop, and I don’t want to see the people going there. Let’s go to Honeydukes. There’s someone we have to meet with, plus I have another thing to give you there...”

“Who?”

Chanyeol shrugged. “It’s a surprise. Why don’t you just worry about what you want to get.”

There was something the latter was holding back, but Baekhyun knew better than to try and pry information out of the Slytherin so he opted to walking quietly next to him, which had its weirdness to it. As he looked around, he could see Chanyeol’s gang of friends not too far from them as if to warn people to stay away and prevent Baekhyun from escaping. The brunette snorted at their formation. Typical.







“You really think it’s necessary to buy me an expensive five pound block of chocolate…”

Chanyeol his head, stepping back as he takes in the sight of Baekhyun holding a rectangular block of chocolate neatly wrapped in gold wrapping. Crossing his arms, his lips jutted out in judgment. “Well, we’ll have some uses for it. For one, if you eat of all it, you won’t be able to get away from me anymore.”

It wasn’t a funny thought to think of himself trying to wobble away only to be caught in just seconds by a tall, peering Slytherin. “Oh, fun.”

“Second, we could always light some fires up and drip those on your tiny nips.”

Merlin bless the fact that people were two busy minding their own business to pay attention to them. For a split moment, Baekhyun even considered ing the block of fairly heavy dark and white chocolate made from the cold winters of Scotland in Chanyeol’s face. No one would’ve noticed, so it wouldn’t have mattered.

“Chanyeol, really.”

“Oh!” Taking an arm and wrapping it around Baekhyun’s shoulder, Chanyeol pushed the doors open and led them out in the cold snowy streets. “I just remembered right now, actually.”

Letting himself be pulled closer, Baekhyun pulled his scarf up. “Remembered what exactly?”

“I read up on Muggles. Stole one of Jongin’s books. It wasn’t like he would’ve noticed, anyways,” Chanyeol justified, snorting as he said so. “I wanted to get a little bit more info about what your life is kind of like, and that’s where I read something about you guys having an entire day dedicated to chocolate giving in the name of love. Something weird like that.”

“You mean, Valentine’s day?”

“Sure.” Tapping at the block in Baekhyun’s arm, Chanyeol grinned. “Valentine’s day.”

“That’s in February, ape.”

“Not with me, it’s not.” Snorting, Chanyeol began leading them away from the crowded main street and down a smaller one with less than pretty shops, but still homely and comfortable in sight.

“Where’re we going?”

“It’s a surprise until we get there.”

Baekhyun drew his brows together, but went along as they passed shop after shop until they were walking down a tiny dead-end street. Padding through the snow, Chanyeol dropped his arm, but chose to hold onto the brunette’s hand instead. Slowly, they approached a wooden door, vague in the hanging sign above it, and knocked.

Honestly expecting some sort of scare, Baekhyun gripped the hand tighter, which brought a small smirk on the latter’s face.

The door opened and a short, stubby man with a gruff beard on his face greeted them, but seemed to be familiar with the Slytherin. “Ah, Chanyeol. I’ve been waiting for you to come by around.”

Gently pulling Baekhyun inside the small, below-the-ground shop, Chanyeol closed the door behind them. As Baekhyun shook the snow off of him, the giant went forward to shake the man’s hand. “Mr. Dooley. This is Baekhyun. The boyfriend.”

The heat that rose to Baekhyun’s face didn’t originate from the shop’s warm atmosphere. Trying hard not to reveal his I’m-embarassed-as-hell smile, Baekhyun shook Mr. Dooley’s hand. “Hello...”

Nodding, Mr. Dooley let go and motioned for the two to follow him, heading towards to more doors leading to some back room Baekhyun was almost suspicious of entering. Chanyeol, on the other hand, seemed perfectly alright.

“How’s she doing?” the Slytherin asked.

“Very, very good,” Mr. Dooley answered as he opened the door.

Baekhyun looked back and forth between the two men. It was blurred to him about who they were speaking of.

“She’s been getting along fine with the others.”

“No more motor problems?”

“I’ve been able to undo every bit of magic put on her by accident.”

To his left, Baekhyun saw an injured owl with bandages on its wing. To his right, he saw some rats, and everywhere there was space, there was always some type of cat or injured dog. It took a second, but he soon realized they were at some sort of animal hospital. Just before he could ask for their purpose there, Chanyeol stepped aside and let him walk in front of him.

On a wooden table, old and used, sat Lady with her paws in front of her and her hind legs jutted in. Gracefully her tail waved, but it became faster as she saw the sight of her beloved boy.

“Lady!” Baekhyun, without a thought, gave the Scottish chocolate to Chanyeol’s expecting hands and ran over to his feline friend, picking her up in his arms and almost choking at the dryness of his throat. “I thought you were long gone, baby,” he wheezed, nuzzling the cat’s furry head.

Smiling, Chanyeol stepped closer as Mr. Dooley made himself busy by packing all of Lady’s belongings. “I tried finding her, too. It took a while, but I found her near the edge of the forest.”

Gasping, Baekhyun tore himself away from his cat and gave the feline a disapproving look. “The forest!? You? You know better, Lady.”

“I heard some first years talking about messing around with petrifying spells and practicing where they wouldn’t get caught. You know how stupid first years are, anyways,” Chanyeol said unamused as he crossed his arms. "Usually, petrifying spells only last for so long, but they didn’t have the wits to do it right. Lady must’ve been out for her stroll when she accidentally got hit and became victim to a very hard spell to undo.”

Baekhyun looked horrified. “Was she starving?”

“I couldn’t tell, so I sneaked off to take her here. Luckily, Mr. Dooley here is the best animal doctor in Hogsmeade. He fixed her up in a matter of days, but she needed to rehabilitate for a while. Of course, she was supposed to be discharged two months ago.”

Two?

Hugging his purring cat tightly, Baekhyun elbowed the Slytherin. “Two!? I ought to blast your head off, you ape! Why didn’t you tell me!?”

“I tried but you kept running away.”

Oh.

Drawing his eyes away, Baekhyun turned his back. “Well, still…” For a second, he thought about giving the giant a type of cold shoulder for keeping the information from him. He could even have his expensive and heavy-as-hell chocolate from Scottland, but even then, Baekhyun knew he couldn’t.

Turning back around, Baekhyun gave a small smile. “Thanks...for giving me back my cat.”

“You’re welcome, because now you owe me something,” Chanyeol said, turning his cheek.

Naturally, Baekhyun understood so he stood up on his toes to kiss the Slytherin’s cheek while Mr. Dooley’s back was turned, but instead, the sly snake pressed their lips together instead. Pulling away, Baekhyun recovered quickly from the shock and kicked Chanyeol’s shin.

His cheeks were red and gushing, and even Lady watching the spectacle.

“Don’t ever do that again or I’ll break up with you,” he whispered in a huff, heading back to the front.

Quickly thanking Mr. Dooley as he paid the doctor and took Lady’s bag of cat luggage, Chanyeol sped and walked his way back to the streets of Hogsmeade where Baekhyun stood waiting for him on the main road with students from all houses alike.

“You really mean that, Byun? You’ll break up with me if I kiss you in public?” Chanyeol teasingly challenged as Baekhyun stood like a conquest ready to be taken.

“I don’t know. Will I?”

Scoffing, Chanyeol walked past students, teachers, and villagers alike, some even watching him as he walked through the snow, closing the distance between their bodies, and eventually, their lips. And when they pulled apart—mostly because Lady was pressing her paw against the Slytherin—Chanyeol smirked. “No, because you love it.”

“I do not!” Baekhyun retorted.

Putting that statement to the test, Chanyeol kissed him again, aware that they were slowly garnering attention, but that info didn’t bother him in the least bit, and Baekhyun neither fidgeted nor moved back. Instead, he kissed back.

“See? I told you.”

“Shut up.”