Fin

Don't worry

Author's note:

this story was inspired by an old song called "don't worry baby" by the beach boys. No I am not an old person advertising music from the sixties. I just love both old music and kpop. The song is great btw.

------------------------------------///----------------------

Jin's POV

 

I love my boyfriend. I really do but there are times I really do wonder why he just has to make me doubt my choices in life.

 

This is one of those moments.

 

Here's what it looked like: Expensive cars surrounding us, rich guys in the expensive cars, our secondhand 'newly bought' (as Jungkook said) car, Jungkook and I in the old wagon in the title of a car, a big empty race track and some cash penalty.

 

To elaborate let me go way back to this morning.

 

I awoke when Jungkook was about to stick a piece of paper on my forehead. He had 'i'm so dead' written all over his face so I quickly got hold of the paper and read it.

 

I skimmed through the message and read aloud.

 

 "Goodmorning dumpling... Did you have a nice dream.", I gave him a questioning glance then continued.

 

"I have to go somewhere... I'll be back home.. WHAT DID YOU DO THIS TIME?!?".

 

I glared at him as he scratched behind his ear and smiled awkwardly. This was not the first time he did something stupid but I won't talk about that now.

 

"About that.... I kind of made a bunch of rich old men mad at me and now they want to race", he sat in front of me and looked like a child being reprimanded. My poor kookie is feeling bad and is in trouble BUT since I am the one who'll scold him it's okay. In his twenty years of existence I am shook at his still childish behavior.

 

"Jungkook, tell me exactly what stupid deal you made this time?", I asked gently but with a hint of irritation. I question all the decisions I made to get me here. Of all geniuses I could have chosen from why him? 

 

Oh yeah.. I love him. 

 

I calmed down from my sudden realization and pulled him in for a hug. He returned it and nuzzled into my neck. I gently rubbed and pat his back.

 

"So you're not mad?", he mumbled

 

I let go and flicked his forehead.

 

"Ouch, what was that for?!?" 

 

"Idiot. Of course I'm mad. Now bring me with you."

 

"No", he said with a pout.

 

"You have to"

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I won't let you out and you haven't told me what the deal was."

 

He was fidgeting and was clearly having an internal argument with himself seeing that he was wearing such a troubled expression.

 

Finally after playing with his hands his internal dilemma ended and he decided to tell me.
 
"We could lose our car ..."

 

 He slowly backed away and grabbed a pillow to shield himself.

"and some money.."

My face dropped. 

How the heck could he have possibly put our car, which we only bought with our savings a few days ago mind you, on the line AND money which I am sure we are lacking right now.

Out of frustration I just rubbed my face and brushed through my hair. 

"Sorry hyung I—"

I cut him off, dragged him and made him wait outside. If I was going against some guys I need to look like I'm boss and I also need to cool myself down.

Present time.

Jungkook's POV

One minute. We had just one more minute to spare before the race begins. I feel so stupid. I let my feelings get ahead of me. You know that feeling when you finally acquire something by yourself without any help from your parents? Pride? Sense of accomplishment? Relief? Happiness? Self worth? 

Well, those I all felt after saving up and buying our car. Jin and I were so happy that elated was an understatement. However, I just had to put everything we worked hard for on the line, our car, our bank accounts, and the trust We built up through the years. I'm just lucky he still stood by me.

"THIRTY SECONDS BEFORE RACE!"

Thirty. Thirty more seconds yet I feel so bad. I feel suffocated. I feel disapproval from myself. I know I'll lose. I mean just look at how nice those guys cars are! 

I let out a sigh as I started the car. Suddenly I felt hands on my own. 

"Jungkookie", Jin called me in a hushed voice.

I turned to look at him. I was ready for any sign of disappointment and hatred from him but that wasn't what i saw. 

In him I saw hope, acceptance and understanding. 

"Jungkookie, before the race starts I would like to let you know that, win or lose doesn't matter that much to me okay? This may have been a stupid decision but let's just brush it off as a bump on the road."

"Okay, okay we can do this", I breathed heavily as I tried to persuade myself with his words. I faced forward and let out a huff before hands pulled my face to the side again. My eyes shot up to see Jin's beautiful ones. 

"TEN SECONDS"

Suddenly I felt his lips on mine then he let go and gave me a blinding smile.

"Don't worry, everything gonna be alright."

"THREE TWO ONE START!"
---------------

Well we lost the race but Jin managed to persuade them not to get our money. 

I stood there waiting for him to return.

 I failed him. I even lost the car. I'm so stupid.

He started approaching me while I kept my head down. I dare not face him cause I know I let him down.

Author's POV

Jin paused in front of Jungkook to take in what the boy looked like right now. He looked unconfident, he seemed as though he'd cry any moment despite being taller and more manly than Jin.

Jin was initially mad at Jungkook for betting their hard earned car and money then that feeling was replaced by his competitive mindset but the moment he saw Jungkook getting all worked up and ready to pass out in the car his earlier feelings crumbled and what was left was a deep understanding for the younger. He knew the younger needed at least somebody to lean on and trust, that is what Jin accompanied him for right? His love for the younger was stronger than any other emotion he could have. They are partners after all, an inseparable pair.

Seeing Jungkook breaking in front of him right now made the familiar feeling of wanting to protect and comfort resurface. Jin approached the younger who was now sniffling and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist and rested his chin on his shoulder. He rubbed the younger's back and started shushing and cooing when Jungkook burst into tears.

"Shh, Kookie it's alright. It's alright. You were amazing. You were so strong. Don't worry, everything is alright."

Jin started his hair as Jungkook clung to him even more.

"Hy-hyung. Sorry. Sorry sorry sorry", Jungkook chanted on and on while Jin continued comforting him.

"It's okay I forgive you. Shhh it's okay.", Seokjin whispered as he swayed gently.

"Let's go walk now before it gets dark.", he suggested. Jin held Jungkook's hand in his and they walked quietly past the competitors earlier. 

Suddenly one of the old men called out.

"Hey kid", Jin faced them and bowed while Jungkook copied his boyfriend and sniffled.

"Don't go around saying random things again okay? You might offend or tick off other people like you did to us. You were good despite having such an old car kid. You should be thankful for your uhh older brother-"

"Boyfriend", Jin corrected.

"Uh boyfriend, sorry 'bout that. Anyway, here take your car keys.", he threw the keys and Jungkook caught it with both hands.

"Stay safe kids. It was fun racing with you" with that the old men left and drove away.

Jin froze in his spot unable to comprehend what just happened. Jungkook burst into laughter and tears. He felt to the ground while clutching his stomach. Waves of relief washed through Jungkook. He was unable to stand from the happiness filling him up.

"Jungkook!", Jin exclaimed as he tried to lift his boyfriend up.

"What's wrong with you snap out of it."

"Hyung. I was so nervous. Ahh, we got our car back! I can't believe it.", Jungkook laughed as he hugged Jin.

Jin smiled and hugged him around his neck. He played with Jungkook's hair and laughed with him. He gave Jungkook a quick peck before getting the keys from him and running towards the car.
 
The both raced to the car and laughed everything off.

In the end they wasted our time, tears, effort and not to mention gas on this race but at least Jin proved himself right when he told him not to worry.