Missing You

Missing You (A Prologue)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was that naïve, awkward, little girl who sat in front of you on the first day of second grade. I was too scared back then so I kept my head down and avoided eye contact. I was shaking when the teacher asked me to introduce myself. I began to stutter and our classmates started laughing. I was about to run out of the room and cry but you stood up from his seat and held my hand tightly.

"Don't be scared. I'm right where you need me." You said with the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. From then, we spent each day together, playing games, running around. As days passed, we grew even closer. You taught me the piano piece you learned from your grandmother. I'm not really good at it but you always cheer me on so I kept trying.

We grew up and started middle school. Walking towards the gate, the fact of meeting new people frightened me that I stopped in my tracks. You knew what I was up to so just like that day I first met you, you held my hand.

"Don't be scared. I'm right where you need me." You said once again with the same beautiful smile. I grew confident and felt secured as I managed to step in the campus without losing myself completely. I was happy that we were still classmates and I managed to get through middle school, knowing that you would be there to hold my hand.

I was never good at making friends yet you were the complete opposite. All you had to do was smile and everyone falls for it. You said I should try to loosen up more and smile a little bit often. I tried, believe me, I tried but I couldn't help but get awkward with a crowd. The limelight was too much for me. Their attention was a burden that everytime I try to take a step towards the limelight, I found myself taking two steps back.

Yet you never left me. You were always there to wipe my tears and make me smile. You were there to tell me that I could do it and that I have nothing to be scared about.

Years passed and we stepped into high school but on the day of my birthday, you told me the saddest news I'd ever want to hear. You told me you were leaving to chase your dream, to become the performer you've always wanted to be. You proudly showed me the card of the company where you'll be training. I wanted to cry. I wanted to ask why you'd leave and what I'd do without you but I didn't, it would be too selfish. I can't hold you back so I just smiled and gave you a hug. I saw how happy you were.

I was too scared to see you off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter