Our story

Love as we know

They will never forget how everything started. Jiyong and Seungri were strangers and it all took a few months to change. At first the leader didn't like him that much, but Seungri worked hard to gain his confidence and admiration. Little did he knew that Jiyong was already falling in love for him – he didn't need to do much, just smile. His smile was the prettiest in the world, as Jiyong likes to state. As time passed they became best friends, secretly loving each other. Yes, Seungri loved him too. It wasn't an one-sided love, the maknae was blindly in love with his leader. They would hook up with girls to make others think they were straight but their friends knew where their hearts belonged to. The members watched as their relationship was built and waited until the day one of them would finally confess. Seungri was the first.

It was on the same day they shared their first kiss – they would never forget about it. Jiyong was 20, Seungri 18. It was snowing that night, cold and loneliness dominating the apartment shared by the five boys. The maknae have been on the room – the one he shared with Jiyong – all day, Daesung, Youngbae and Seunghyun watching movies on the tiny living room. The leader went out, sad days always inspired him to write songs. He came back by night with new lyrics. "Where is Ri?"

"Locked in the room." The older replied.

"Probably broke up with his girlfriend." Daesung completed, not bothering to take his eyes off the television. Jiyong knew the boy didn't have one. Yet he felt his heart pound a bit harder with the thought. He went to the kitchen and prepared hot chocolate, his friends loved when he does (the only thing he is good at when it comes to culinary). Jiyong separated his and Seungri's mug and went to the bedroom with them.

"I did hot chocolate, it's on the table!" He said as he walked by the living room and heard their friends running to the kitchen. The older entered on the room still chuckling over the scene he just saw, closing the door behind him. "What has been keeping little Seungri on the bedroom all day?" Jiyong soon captured the younger laying down on the bed with the notebook.

"It's a sad day, hyung."

"Why is it?"

"Because snow is always sad." The maknae shrugged shoulders and Jiyong sat besides him, giving the mug to him. Seungri smiled, hot chocolate was his favorite thing about the winter – Jiyong knew. They watched together at their favorite series until it was past midnight. The young yawned on the end of the episode, scratching his eyes like a baby.

"Aigo, such a cute baby." The leader squeezed his cheeks smiling, Seungri complained.

"Hyung it hurts!!" He did talked like a kid purposely to make the other smile more. Jiyong kept giggling and pressed a kiss against his right cheek, surprising Seungri. The older observed as the maknae blushed and felt when his heart beated faster inside his chest. They stared at each other in silence for seconds, more than they ever did since they met. The boy looked down, still a bit red. The older reached for his chin, raising his head up so that he could see the younger's eyes again. And Jiyong thought that, just once, he could let his heart speak louder. The leader leaned closer, almost giving a chance for the boy to stop him. But when he didn't, Jiyong closed the distance between them with the softest kiss Seungri ever received. Their lips barely brushed against each other's and they were so nervous that they couldn't even breathe but it was beautiful. Jiyong pulled back too soon for Seungri's taste and the boy gazed at him. "Hyung."

"I'm sorry, I.." The leader was about to get up but the younger held his wrist.

"Please, don't be." Jiyong tilted his head, he didn't understand what the boy meant. "I.. Hm.. You.. I love.. Y-you."

And Jiyong could explode like a firework. The answer came out as tears and another kiss, a tight embrace and the perfectest smile the boy has ever seen. And Seungri never thought snow was sad ever again.


Five years passed. They maintained strong until the very end. Jiyong didn't even know why it came to an end, after all. They rose as Big Bang and shared incredible moments that would be part of who they are for the rest of their lives. But for some reason, their relationship got weaken. They were never a couple to fight, which was a surprise for their friends. They thought Jiyong would go extremely insanely jealous over the maknae but he shocked everybody by being a normal boyfriend. The reason for that was that Seungri never gave him reason to be jealous; the younger was so in love with the dragon that he had no eyes for any other person. So they dated for years and they loved each other endlessly. But people change and time passes. Maybe was Seungri's job as CEO? Or Jiyong's smoking habit? Seungri going too much to clubs, Jiyong's new friends? The busy routine, difficult communication? They didn't know why or how they end up in that situation on that raining night. It was mutual, they both decided to break up together – because they did everything together, this wouldn't be different.

We continue being friends, right? Of course they would. They had to. They were still Big Bang members and they spent too much time as one to suddently lose contact. Jiyong smiled and nodded, Seungri kissed his forehead – somehow the younger got taller than him through the years. When the boy left, Jiyong felt as tears slowly fell from his eyes. It was when Jiyong realized Seungri was more important than he thought. He cried because Seungri was his everything and how could somebody live without its everything? He still loved the maknae, the maknae still loved him. So why were they parting ways? Jiyong thought about it every single day since they separated. There wasn't a night where he slept peacefully, nothing was the same without Seungri. Not that the boy was different. Every night as he rested his head on the pillow, he would remember how sweet Jiyong's scent is. He would replay all of their moments together and smile, because what he went through with Jiyong was perfect. They both seemed really fine to the rest of the world but Youngbae knew better, their love wasn't over.

Big Bang's hiatus followed. Four months passed. Jiyong never felt so lonely. Seunghyun went to the army, Bae was recording his new album, Daesung was promoting in Japan. He himself was busy preparing for a solo comeback, Seungri was probably the busiest of all of them. He would see photos of the young in Thailand, Phillippines, Shanghai, so many places. He also knew that Seungri was recording a new album just like him and their friend. They kept contacting whenever they had the chance. Seungri would text Jiyong, he missed him – it was so hard without the leader.

They didn't have many opportunities to see each other though. It wasn't until a fan meeting in Japan that they met. Jiyong arrived a little later, all the others were already there. He couldn't help but smile when he saw Seungri. The boy was as pretty as the last time, when he left his apartment after they agreed to break up. "Jiyongie." Seungri was the only one besides his mom that called him by this name. "You lost too much weight."

The leader looked down at himself, he truly was way skinnier. "You know, been planning the comeback."

The maknae smiled and took one step closer but stopped, hesitating. "You should eat something then."

The older nodded when Seungri referred to the food displayed on the table. The meeting was good, the fans were missing them as much as they were missing the fans. In part it felt sad that one of them couldn't be there. And Jiyong got more sad remembering that by the beggining of the new year he will be joining the army as well. One more month went by, he was feeling more and more pressured by the comeback. Even still, he found himself with a few days to relax. He went to United States, went out with friends, drank, had a lot of fun. But loneliness wouldn't leave his chest.  He wanted Seungri back. The boy was on the studio when his cellphone notified him of a message.

Seungri-ah. Do you want to join me for dinner tonight? And he smiled, it was Jiyong's. He quickly answered yes and went to his apartment for the first time in three days. He didn't like staying there, it was too lonely. He took his time showering and picking some clothing – he remembered Jiyong loved when he used hoodies.

The man was anxious, trying to keep it cool. He may have finished everything as fast as he could to fly back to Korea and see the younger – he would never admit. Jiyong was struggling with anxiety until he saw the maknae coming through the entry of the restaurant. The place wasn't fancy, it was just a traditional korean restaurant. Seungri smiled at him and his heart stopped. How he has been able to live these months without that smile?

"Hyung!" The maknae was happy to see the leader like usual. They don't take long to order but they take their time eating and talking. Jiyong speaks less, he was feeling happiness yet sadness at the same time. Seungri knows it, he knows everything about the man in front of him.

"Do you.. Want to.. go home and hm.. see a movie?" Since they separated Jiyong finds himself losing words when he speaks with Seungri. The younger nodded, he wanted to spend time with his leader. Jiyong's manager drive them to his building, oh how he missed that place. Seungri sighed, everything was still the same way he remembered. They sat on the couch where they used to sleep together. The older is the one to choose the movie – he always was. Jiyong kept his face resting on the knees during the whole movie, Seungri kept his eyes on Jiyong.

"You're not paying attention." He listened the older murmuring.

"Neither you." Jiyong rested his back on the couch, looking at the younger. He scanned Seungri's body, the white jeans and the black hoodie, one of his favorites. He slowly reached for the drawcord, entangling it on his finger. Seungri just stood there observing the older, waiting for something else. He knew Jiyong was trying to talk by the way he would bit his lips. Seungri's fingers found their way to the other's hair, caressing it carefully.

"I missed you." Jiyong admited, still looking away.

"I miss you too." The fact that Seungri spoke in present like he's been missing his presence since they broke up made Jiyong look up, confused. The younger pulled him in his arms, laying down on the couch. Jiyong still loved him. He loved the smell of Seungri's clothing, the way the hoodie would perfectly fit on his large body and how the maknae would hold him tightly, protecting him from the world.

"Why we broke up?" He asked and Seungri sighed.

"I don't know." They had so many good moments together. Of course not everytime was perfect, they did fought like any couple would. Still, Jiyong would've never changed a single thing. He loved, love and will love that boy for the rest of his life - maybe even in his next life.

"I am scared." Jiyong broke the silence, tears threatening to fall.

"Of what?" He felt Seungri's right hand on his hair and the left one on his waist.

"I don't wanna go to the army." He could listen to the younger's heart beating so loud and fast yet his breathing was normal, Seungri was trying to keep calm.

"It will be over faster than you think."

"I don't want to be without you."

"I will be here when you come back home." The older tightened the hold around Seungri's body.

"I don't wanna be without you now or ever."

"I will always be here, Jiyong."

"But you went away."

"We grew distant and I thought that maybe we had stopped.. loving each other and you.. You let me go so I.."

Jiyong let a tear fall, he couldn't hold anymore. "Did you? Stopped loving me?"

"Never." Seungri cupped the older's face making him look up, he was crying too. "Not a single day."

Jiyong cried. He cried more than he ever did in his entire life. All these months he is been living without Seungri made him miserable, he urged to be near the boy – to love and be loved by him. The maknae is his fortress. "Jiyongie, don't cry."

"I can't." Seungri held him even closer and let the leader cry until there was no more tears to shed. "It's going to be okay, Ji."

"Come with me to the army Ri, please." The younger caressed his hair, putting away from his eyes.

"You know I can't." It was decided by YG that they would go one by one, much to their dislike.

"But I–" He cupped Jiyong's face and connected their foreheads.

"You're gonna make it. We are gonna make it. And when all of this finishes, we are going to be together."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

"Was so lonely.."

"I know, for me too." The younger comforted Jiyong, that buried the face on his neck. That's where he belongs; nestled in Seungri's arms, feeling the warmth against his body and breathing the scent he loves. Jiyong grasped at the hoodie like a kid, making the boy smile. "You still love my hoodie."

"I still love you." The older said with wrecked voice.

"I love you too, Ji." Seungri replied after a few seconds, which almost scared Jiyong. He brushed their noses and Jiyong finally felt that happiness again, Seungri kissed him. He kissed the lips he's been missing for months like was the last day they would be together – even though Jiyong still had months until the enlistment.

"So you are back." Bae smiled at his friends holding hands and laughing together.

"Yes!" Jiyong dropped his arm on Seungri's shoulder and brought him closer, kissing his cheek.

"You two just can't get enough of each other, can you?" Daesung chuckled at the cute scene.

"We can't." The maknae agreed, looking at Jiyong in a way that made everyone in the room jealous. Seungri only had eyes for Jiyong, Jiyong only had eyes for Seungri. That's how they always were and how they would continue to be.


Six years later

"Seungri! Can you help me here?" He heard the other's scream through the house and got up from the couch. He ended up on the kitchen, where his husband was trying to cook the dinner.

"What happens?" Jiyong moved his left leg and the younger saw their daughter holding into it like a coala. Seungri laughed, Jihye is always clingy to the older. "Come here honey, your father is too clumsy to deal with you and the food at the same time."

"Ya! Do you want to try?! It's difficult!" The maknae grabbed the little kid in his left arm and wrapped the right one around Jiyong's waist.

"I know, you're the best." The older smiled to the compliment that came along with a kiss.

"Appa, let's play!!" The girl said pratically dragging Seungri away from the kitchen. A few minutes later and their friends arrived, the dinner was already on the table. Jisoo, Youngbae's son, enjoyed Jihye and they played together while their parents talked.

The four years of military service was difficult. It had both Jiyong and Seungri crying almost every night. Jiyong was so afraid of losing the boy so he proposed. It was romantic, he even kneeled on the ground – giving their friends reason to mock him. They married after their serving period on the army finished. Of course they had to travel overseas and it gave them more work than they thought but they managed to. Jiyong wanted a child, he always loved kids. They had two options; the first, one of them would have to make the baby. That ended up not being a option, since Jiyong discovered he was too jealous and possessive to even think about Seungri having with another person – and he himself couldn't do it either. So they were left with the most plausive choice, adopt. It was as complicated as the marriage but just like before, they did it. Jihye was korean like them, she was three when they adopted her. Jiyong and Seungri loved her like their own child.

They never thought raising a kid and married life would be so difficult. But it was and at some point, they found themselves at the edge. It wasn't pretty; Jiyong screamed and cried, Seungri punched the wall and screamed back. But suddently there was a crying coming from another room and they ran to their daughter, regretful for scarying the poor baby. They looked at each other as their child was sleeping between them. Seungri reached for his hand, Jiyong entangled their fingers – the storm was over. They never fought like that again.

"Today was tiring." Jiyong sighed as he lay down on the bed with his husband, their daughter was already asleep in her room.

"The dinner was really good." Seungri opened his arms and the older threw himself on him, pulling the blanket over them.

"Do you know today is our anniversary?" The leader said gazing at his husband. "The first time that I kissed you." Of course Seungri knew, he would never forget. They looked through the window, Jiyong had forgot to close the curtain.

"It's snowing." Their eye's met again and they kept like that for some seconds. Jiyong cupped his face, Seungri smiled. Their eyes closed as they leaned in.

And just like the first time, their lips met in a soft kiss.