Fin.

If We Love Again

I lied in my beloved bed and comfortably snuggled in my pillows as sleep was quickly taking over. It had been a long month after all and this was the first time that I'd be getting proper sleep in weeks. Weeks and weeks of improving the tracks I had been working on before the deadline meant that I would not be getting any sleep and would have sadly relied on coffee and energy drinks to get by and finish the tracks on time. I smiled at the thought of Hobi scolding me about not getting any proper rest. "Hyung! You should go sleep because your health is more important than this. Go!"  he'd say as the adorable pout would appear in his beautiful face and -

I abruptly sat up as my train of thoughts were broken when the doorbell rang three times and a knock soon followed. Hobi. I turned the lamp on and looked at the clock which clearly stated 01:16 am. What's he doing here so late at night? I thought as walked to the door and opened it only to have an armful of a sobbing Jung Hoseok. I quickly wrapped my arm around him and tried to shut the door at the same time while racking my brain for things that could have happened to make this beautiful sunshine cry. I carefully led us back to the couch where I placed him on my lap and rubbed soothing circles on his back waiting for him to calm down before I start asking any questions knowing full well that he'll just feel overwhelmed and would automatically close up. There's only one person who could have made Hobi cry like this but I'm praying to any God out there that it wouldn't be him because I would not be able to hold back if I found out he had broken his promise to me. Nobody makes the only person who matters in my life cry. I held Hobi for a couple more minutes before his sobbing was slowly dying down and his hold on me started to loosen. 

"I'm sorry hyung." he said quietly while sounding so small and broken as he wiped his face. He didn't look at me so I held his face in my hand and tenderly kissed his forehead. 

"You don't need to apologise Hobi. What happened?" I asked him softly and cautiously not wanting him to feel like he has to tell me. 

"Taehyung." he whispered almost inaudibly that I almost missed it if he wasn't so close to me. I let go of him and clenched my hand in my lap. I knew it, but I have to listen to reason first. Breathe Min Yoongi. Don't jump to conclusions as it may not be as bad as you think it is. I breathed in and out, trying to calm myself before speaking again. 

"What did he do Hobi?" I gently asked him. He didn't answer and just sat there while biting his lip. He's thinking about what he's going to say. I sat there patiently waiting for him to answer because I know how much he needs time to gather his thoughts. I can only think of two reasons why Hobi would not speak straight away; it's either really bad that he's scared I'll find Taehyung and give him a piece of my mind or he thinks he overreacted and he doesn't want to say anything because it would be embarassing. However, from the looks of it it would not be the latter. I heard him take a deep breath and he held my hand in his before he started speaking. 

"Hyung promise me you won't do anything." 

"I can't promise you anything Hobi if I know that I would end up breaking it but for you I'll try. Anything for you." I replied and he nodded. He sat there for a couple more seconds speaking again.

"We got in an argument. I asked him about his relationship with Jungkookie because I saw them a couple of days ago and it looked like they were more than friends. He got mad and started asking me if I don't trust him and if there's no trust in our relationship then there shouldn't be a relationship at all. I told him that it wasn't because I didn't trust him, it's just that he's been leaving me a lot these days for Jungkookie and then a couple of days ago we were meant to celebrate our 2nd year anniversary but he told me he couldn't make it because his hyung came up in Seoul and he needed to show him around. But then as soon as I left the shop, I saw him with Jungkookie." he explained and I could feel his hand shaking. I knew that there was something else he wasn't telling me because Taehyung and Hobi are always having arguments about Tae's friendship with Jungkook but they always make up in the end with no tears being shed. Hobi is strong and he would not cry unless something else happened and he knows that I know that. I put my other hand over his shaking hand to try to calm him down so he could finish his story. 

"But he said really mean things to me hyung. I can't remember how the argument escalated quickly but he said mean things to me." Hobi said silently and he almost sounded lifeless. Anger clouded my vision as soon as those words left his mouth. That bastard he knows how insecure Hobi can get but he dare says things that would hurt Hobi so bad. I almost didn't want to hear what he said but I know that Hobi needs to get it off his chest or else it would eat him up for a while. I calmed myself down because I promised him that I wouldn't do anything and Hobi is important right now. 

"What did he say Hobi?" I asked him delicately. His eyes began to tear up and a lone tear trailed down his cheeks. I wiped it away as he started speaking.

"He said that I was too clingy and it was annoying that I have trust issues. I should trust him wholeheartedly and not doubt him because we've been together for a while and I shouldn't doubt him at all. He said he was getting tired of everything, of me." Hobi said brokenly. It took all of my willpower to not just get up right now and beat the crap out of Kim Taehyung but doing that requires leaving Hobi and I can't do that, not when he needs me. I calmed myself down for what feels like the billion time tonight as I rubbed soothing circles on his back as he started crying again and buried his head on the crook of my neck. I need to be rational right now instead of just losing it and go hunt for Taehyung with a baseball bat because that little bastard deserves a beating for making my Hobi cry like this. Nobody should ever make this beautiful human cry not when I'm still around. I whispered sweet words of comfort in his ears to calm him down. 

"Hobi sunshine look at me." I said gently and he slowly looked up and looked directly in my eyes. I wiped his tears away and kissed his forehead. "I'm going to be honest with you and say that he is a right dickhead for hurting you like that. I suspect it's been building up for a couple of days?" he nodded in response.

"Then this argument was inevitable. You were insecure that he was hanging out with Jungkook too much and him lying to you on your anniversary was the icing on the cake. I know something else happened and I'm not going to force you to tell me but just remember this Hobi. He doesn't have the right to treat you that way, nobody does." I told him gently. He opened his mouth to speak but then his phone started to ring loudly. He took it out of his pocket and checked the caller but as soon as he saw it he just froze and looked at it. 

TaeTae my love <3

The room went silent apart from the ringing of the phone. I continued to rub soothing circles in his back and felt him slowly start to relax as soon as the phone stopped ringing. A minute later there was a beep on his phone and he fidgeted with it for a while before taking a deep breath and putting the phone against his ear. Not wanting to listen in, I tried to leave to give him some space but he held on to me and kept me in place so I held him as he listened to the voicemail. 

"Hyung." it said. Hobi didn't seem to care that I could hear as he concentrated on the message so I just curiously listened in. "I'm sorry hyung. I know I ed up and I shouldn't have said the things I said. I want to fix things if you let me and I'm willing to do anything to make you smile again. I've realised that what I've done these couple of things implied that I've been cheating on you with Jungkook but I swear hyung I wouldn't do that. I love you too much to think of being with someone else. But if you want to leave, I'll let you go because I know I've hurt you. But if you let me fix this, I will try my best to. I love you hyung. I love you so much. I miss you and I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Please come home. Please please come home hyung. I miss you." then the message ended with a beep. Hobi was shaking leading up to the end of the message and I held him tightly as he dropped his phone. I could hear the sincerity in Taehyung's voice when he apologised and his voice was shaking, which means that he knows how much he's ed up. It was clear at the beginning of their relationship how much they love each other and it's still evident now. Taehyung can be a kid sometimes but he doesn't beg. Begging is not something he does and it's definitely not something someone from his background does and to beg for Hobi to come home meant that he means what he said. He is reflecting on everything he's done and he wants Hobi back because he loves him.

"Yoongi hyung. I don't know what to do." Hobi asked me, voice shaking. "He was mean. Really mean these past couple of months. But I know he loves me. He sincerely loves me." I hummed in acknowledgement as I didn't know what to say. He looked at me and what he said next broke my heart and made me realise how much he loves that boy.

"I don't want to let him go yet hyung." he said while tears streamed down his face like a never ending waterfall. What used to be a face filled with brightness was now dimmed with darkness. I swallowed down the pain as I held him tightly not letting go and savouring the moment as time quickly ticked by. 

"Do you still love him?" he nodded in response. "Does he make you happy?" another nod. "Then don't." I replied and he looked at me in shock. 

"All couples go through hard times and those who are meant to be go back to each other. They don't let one fight ruin their relationship and let everything go down the drain. If you and Taehyung are like that then don't let him go because he's still willing to fix everything." I said quietly, almost regretfully. Hobi nodded at me as he wiped all his tears away. He stood up and I followed him as he hugged me again. 

"Thank you so much Yoongi hyung. I'm sorry for coming by so late I didn't mean to disturb you." he said to me and when he looked up, he gave me a small smile. I ruffled his hair and returned his smile.

"Don't worry about it. Go home before he has a mental breakdown." I forced out as he quickly made his way to the door. He hugged me one more time before leaving and shutting the door quietly. I sighed before going back to my room and getting my phone from the nightstand. 

To: Taehyung
From: Yoongi

He's on his way home. 

Sent at 02:43

To: Yoongi
From: Taehyung

Thank you hyung. I'm sorry for hurting him and I won't make the mistake of hurting him ever again. I promise I'll make it up to him and I'll keep this promise this time. 

Sent at 02:44 am

To: Taehyung
From: Yoongi

I know. I know you'll make it up to him like I never did. I know you won't hurt him again. Hurt him like I did because I was a coward. I know you'll love him more than I ever did. Letting him go was the worst mistake of my life so please don't make the same mistake as me. He deserves the world and only you can give it to him.

I know.

Sent at 02:45 am.