A Place Called Home

A Place Called Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun stares out through the window of his room. The sky is dark and the huge trees which face the window are twirling against the breeze. Birds were continuously chirping making the whole scenery chaotic but Jonghyun finds it rather beautiful. He is someone who always sees beauty in the darkness. He prefers rainy and dark nights than sunny mornings. He always hated mornings.
Drops of water start to shatter some getting disperesed in to his room through the window. He wheels himself towards the window and closes his eyes letting cold, fresh water to get sprayed on to his face. Jonghyun loves coldness because it causes himself to long for warmth, the warmth he needed. Jonghyun glances at the wall clock.

5.48pm

Just 12 minutes..

He wheels himself passing the door of his bedroom, through the passage he enters the next room. He takes a deep breath inhaling the smell that belongs to the room. Images of the owner of the room fill his head making his lips to tug in to a smile. He wheels himself forward towards the white coloured shelf which contains a whole lot of photographs. He wheels along the broad, circular shelf watching the photographs which were right on his eye level. 
It had photos of his lover, one for each year. He wheels around the shelf watching the life line of his lower and stops at a certain photo. It was Kibum's 25th birthday. Unlike in the other photos, Kibum was not alone here. Jonghyun was there in the wheel chair and Kibum  was knelt beside him and his arm was around Jonghyun's shoulder. Jonghyun gets lost in his memory once again and he remembers that Kibum didn't take a single picture without Jonghyun in it, on that day. Jonghyun was there for all his birthday parties since his 19th and he remembers that Kibum always managed to have a photo shoot for himself. But on the 25th birthday Kibum never left Jonghyun's side. And it continued till his 28th and he knows that it will go on as long as they have birthday celebrations for Kibum.

The door bell rings making Jonghyun gasp and a huge smile spreads on his face as he wheels himself towards the door as fast as he can.
When he opens the door his ever loving Kibum stands there with his bag and small parcel in his hand. 

Kibum immediately throws himself on Jonghyun in an awkward position. Jonghyun chuckles. Every evening when Kibum comes home from work, he always forgets to kneel down and lower himself to match Jonghyun's level before having the usual, always so sudden hug, throwing both of them in to an awkward position. 

As always, Kibum breaks away to kneel down in front of Jonghyun to hug him again. Though it would look like a child hugging a grandparent both of them enjoys it very much. The first embrace after being apart for several hours from each other is in fact divine for both of them. 

"I missed you baby"
Jonghyun smiles and   Kibum’s hair.
"I missed you too."
Kibum stands up and places the parcel on Jonghyun's lap.
"What is this,Kibum?"
"Open it up and see" Kibum winks playfully. 

For a moment Jonghyun stares at his lover’s eyes. He smiles again before unwrapping the parcel which was wrapped with pink coloured paper on which white flowers were scattered here and there.
It’s the last three books of the series that Jonghyun read this week. He finished the second book by the evening and his lover has brought him the third, fourth and the last. He no longer gets surprised by how caring and protective his boyfriend is. He was already used to it and he always gets a comfortable feeling that he is protected and there’s nothing to worry about whenever Kibum shows his care. He smiles at the book before looking in to his boyfriend's eyes.

"Thanks baby"

He presses his palms on the two arms of the wheel chair as to lean forward and Kibum immediately bends in touching Jonghyun's shoulder and making him rest on the wheelchair. He leans forward bringing his face closer to Jonghyun's and their noses were in touch giving each other a peaceful yet a bubbly feeling. Kibum closes his eyes before Jonghyun pecks on his lips softly. This was the thing about their love. Even in slightest touch they find warmth, peace and the feeling that they belongs to each other and that they were born for each other.

After breaking away Kibum smiles at his lover again, squeezing his hand in an assuring way. Kibum places his hands on the handles of the wheel chair and walks to his room. 

Kibum places his bag on the table and places his coat over the rack. He goes to Jonghyun and grips his arm around his waist . Jonghyun wraps an arm around his shoulder leaning on to him for support.  Kibum seats Jonghyun on the bed making him lean back to the wall and stretches legs. He squeezes his lover's legs in a comforting way over the loose pajama pant he was wearing.

"Wait till I come"

Jonghyun nods with a calm expression.
"Read the next book until then, okay? " Kibum asks walmly before handing him the book.
He kisses Jonghyun's forehead before grabbing a towel and locking himself in the bathroom.

Jonghyun looks at the book again. Though he really wanted the book like hours ago he doesn’t feel like reading. Now that his lover is here all he needs is, to spend the time next to him. He inhales the air around him deeply letting the sweet strawberry smell of his lover to fill his system. He closes his eyes.
 

Jonghyun was sitting in one of the chairs of the empty room. It was the room of Literature Society of the campus. The room had an attached mini library with many novels of all the genres. Jonghyun was one of the few students who liked to write and whenever he needed inspiration he would simply come to this library and read a book. Of course the Main Library of the Campus was much huge and it had many books. But Jonghyun rarely goes there as it was always crowded, while this place was basically a corner for loners or people who prefer peace according to his point of view. 
 

And yeah, he was a loner. He moved to the city with his father’s switching jobs and he was not a sociable person who would approach others’ first. Even at home he was not very much talkative and the relationship of him with his parents was neither healthy nor unhealthy. He would just mind on his own business. So he never had chaos. Sometimes he found his loneliness very much better than the relationships but sometimes he felt so lost. He was always lost; he didn’t have dreams or ambitions. He would simply live the day.
 

He turned the next page leaning his back towards the chair. He heard footsteps approaching the room. Normally he never cared about his surroundings. Unless it’s a meeting of the club he would never bother to look at people who arrives the room but this time the strawberry scent that invaded the whole room  made him break his rules. He turned up from the page to take a look at the person who was now standing in front of him.
“Hi” The person smiled revealing dimples. His hair was blonde and he was wearing a white t shirt with imprinted black stripes along with a pink coloured skinny jean. He ran a hand through his hair making it flip forward again covering the latter part of his right eye brow. He didn’t look like someone who would be interested in books but Jonghyun was someone who believed ‘Don’t Judge a book by its cover’
 

“Hi, I am Kim Kibum.” He held out a hand towards Jonghyun.
Jonghyun grabbed it.
“Hey, what do you want?” Jonghyun asked with a face he considered as pleasant as he doesn’t smile usually.
“I am new here. What do I need to do to get in to this club?” He asked with a smile.
Jonghyun stood up and went towards one of the racks to grab a file. He went through it to take out a sheet of paper.
“Here, fill this out and hand it over to the club president.”
Boy smiled while taking it from Jonghyun.
“Thank you.”
“You’re welcome.”
“Can I read a book now? Here?”
“Uhm.. sure” Jonghyun smiled at the smiling boy who gave off a friendly vibe.

Jonghyun smiles to himself remembering the first day he met Kibum. 
“Hey baby”  Kibum comes from the bathroom wearing a towel.  
He puts the short on and draws the towel out. Jonghyun stares at his lover. Kibum just smile when he realizes that Jonghyun is staring at him. He grabs body lotion from the drawer and sits beside Jonghyun.
“Honey, can you?” Kibum asks holding the bottle towards him. Jonghyun who of course understood what his lover meant, grabs the bottle from Kibum’s hand. KIbum sits facing his back to Jonghyun. Jonghyun squeezes lotion on to his hands. Kibum grabs the bottle bag to squeeze lotion on to his own hands. While Jonghyun rubs Kibum’s back with lotion Kibum spreads lotion to his hand and spread it over his legs, thighs and chest. Jonghyun’s hands goes from KIbum’s back to his nape. 
“Come here” Though Jonghyun doesn’t specify any place Kibum who interprets it correctly and pull himself closer to Jonghyun. While pulling himself he spreads Jonghyun’s legs so that they can be closer as possible. Once Kibum is closer enough Jonghyun wraps his arms around Kibum’s waist and rubs KIbum’s tummy, resting his head on Kibum’s shoulder. Jonghyun’s breaths which strike Kibum’s nape results waves of shiver to run through his spine. They’ve done this for god knows how many times. They have made love since they met each other. But still whenever they get close it electrifies both of them.
As Jonghyun’s breaths get intense against Kibum’s nape Kibum breaks away from Jonghyun for a moment. After few seconds Kibum kneels on the bed and leans forward towards Jonghyun. He stares in to Jonghyun’s chocolate brown eyes. Their faces are so close enough to feel each other’s breath. Kibum closes his eyes knowing that Joghyun would take the lead. Jonghyun presses his lips on Kibum’s in a softly manner while his hands tug around KIbum’s waist. Kibum wraps his arms around the other’s shoulder. From softness the kiss goes to passionate level and Jonghyun intrudes Kibum’s mouth with his tongue. 

Kibum also knows that Jonghyun gets physically weak too sooner than a normal person. Jonghyun breaks away hands still grasped on Kibum’s shoulders. Jonghyun looks down trying to catch breath. Kibum pecks on Jonghyun’s cheek and his hair before wrapping his arms around the other in an embrace.

Jonghyun’s breathing stabilizes slowly as his head is resting on Kibum’s shoulder. Kibum caress his hair again in a dearly manner.

“Babe,” he asks in one of his softest tones, “Shall I order food?” he adds, “Or do you want something I make?”
“No, please.” “ Order.” He pants as he talks. “You”… “Stay with me”
 “Let me get dressed and order something?”
Jonghyun nods at him with a smile.

“Jonghyun!”
“huh?” Jonghyun took his head away from the photo album which contained hundreds of Pink themed photos of Kibum. He was not surprised at all. Kibum had 5 photo albums for his favourite colours. Pink, red, blue, yellow and green. There were two other albums for the rest of the colours.
“Come here Jjongie” Jonghyun wanders through the passage to find the room from which Kibum’s voice came. 
 

This was his first day at Kibum’s house and this was the first ever time he was invited to a friend’s house. The house was fairly small compared to Jonghyun’s  but it had a warm and lively vibe within it which was new to Jonghyun. Kibum lived here with his grandmother while his parents were working in the States. Kibum invited him over to stay overnight as his grandmother has gone to a friend’s place for days. Jonghyun was quite fond of Kibum’s company. Honestly over the days he was growing fond of Kibum which he found odd. Even though the courses they followed at the campus were totally different, even though they didn’t see each other on lectures, they would meet at the library which was one of their little corners, They would take lunch together outside the campus in one of the grassy corners which was covered with trees. They would talk about each others’ days, each others’ lives, what they love and what they hate. Jonghyun who was never fond of skin-ship was getting slowly changed by Kibum’s soft but warm touches. 
 

Jonghyun entered the room. He was getting mesmerized by the degree of colorfulness inside the room. The room was painted in baby pink and there were many things embedded here and there on the wall. Cheerful things; which was just like Kibum’s personality, Jonghyun thought to himself.
 

Kibum was kneeling on the floor by the bed staring at his laptop. He turned his head feeling the presence of Jonghyun.
“Jjongie, you came?” He smiled ever so sweetly. Jonghyun smiled back.

Lately Jonghyun smiled a lot. He who often found it hard to smile in front of any human being; now smiling was nothing hard when Kibum was in front of him.
 

Kibum hoisted himself and placed the laptop on his bed which was kind of small. 
“Get in here” Kibum patted on the mattress.
Jonghyung crawled in to the mattress and sat there leaning back to the wall while Kibum followed him. They were sitting next to each other and the laptop was in front of them. Jonghyun tilted his head to side to watch Kibum who was staring at the screen intentively. Their skins were in contact and Jonghyun felt himself growing fond of the other’s warmth. He was still gazing at Kibum’s eyes while Kibum shifted his head to look at Jonghyun making their eyes meet each other making their heart rates speed up.
“What?” Kibum who was slightly blushed asked Jonghyun who was still looking at him in the eyes.
“Nothing” Jonghyun shook his head while looking down on the mattress smiling to himself.
“Jjongie, come on. Pick up a movie from this folder. I’ll go through my DVDs to see if there’s anything else”
Before Kibum could crawl out Jonghyun grabbed him by one arm while the other was in the touch pad of the laptop.
“I think I’ll like this one. The title sounds good” 
KIbum looked at Jonghyun who was intentively looking at the screen.  
“Alright.” 
So in the next five minutes they were sitting next to each other leaning the wall watching a romance movie. 
 

To be honest Jonghyun didn’t like movies at all. He believed that they decrease the quality of a story unlike books. But right now it was different. He was watching a movie with Kim Kibum. Kim Kibum, the only friend he had, the only one who would listen to him, the only one who would read the stories and lyrics he wrote. 
 

It was a random movie of a collage boy. He is having crush on the ‘it girl’ of the campus but never gets to approach in front of her though he was protecting her unknowingly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter