Back Home

Broken

After her time in Japan was up, she returned to Korea. She still had that same apartment that she kicked him out of. Her dad payed the rent while she was away, so that she wouldn’t lose it. The neighborhood was good, her school wasn’t too far away, and neither were her parents or her job. It was a pretty decent place, and the rent wasn’t too bad, either. She didn’t want to come back and have to search for something new.

She sighed as she finished unpacking. She heard her phone go off and was curious as to who texted her.

 

1 NEW MESSAGE

FROM: Unknown

22:26

“When were you going to tell me you came back?”

 

Sora sighed and sat down as she recognized the number. She looked at the last box she needed to unpack.

‘Nah… It can wait.’ She decided as she sat down on the couch and began to respond to the text message after adding the number to her contacts, yet again.
 

TO: Jongin

22:30

“Who told you?”

 

She got up and put some premade cookie dough onto a cookie tray as she spaced them evenly. One of the small blocks of dough made its way into before she put the rest back into the fridge. She put the cookies into the oven and returned to her phone on the couch, where new messages were waiting to be read.

 

2 NEW MESSAGES

FROM: Jongin

22:32

“Ayumi told Chanyeol, and naturally with his loud mouth he told everyone in the dorm.”

 

Ayumi had been Sora’s best friend since middle school. They’d been through alot together, and somehow they still tolerated each other. They were like sisters- one could tell if the other was lying. They knew everything about each other, and they loved each other in a special way. Sora lost contact with Ayumi while in Japan, but she knew it wouldn’t take much to meet up with her. She missed her, and hoped that they could get together soon.

With a small smile, she read the second message:

 

22:35
“Need some help unpacking?”

 

She stared at the words and sighed. He doesn’t deserve her company.
 

TO: Jongin

22: 50

“Aniyo, I can manage. But thanks. Tell the boys I said hi, and I hope they’re doing well. :)”

 

A small smile formed on her lips as she remembered the eight dorks who made up the infamous K-pop group called EXO. To their fans, they were stars- creatures who seemed almost unreal. They were idols, people who worked long and hard to achieve their dreams. But in reality, they were just nine men in their twenties, still living out their youth. They were funny, dumb, random, loud at times. Nonetheless, they were great people, and great friends. She was glad she’d met them.
 

1 NEW MESSAGE

FROM: Jongin

22:56

“They said they want to see you, and I do too.”

 

She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

 

TO: Jongin

22:57

“Kekeke, what, so you can pull that bull again? LMAO nah, I’m good. I wouldn’t mind seeing the boys though. I missed them.”


 

She shook her head and frowned. "You aren’t cute, Jongin. Don’t think I’m that easy.”
 

1 NEW MESSAGE

FROM: Jongin

22:58

“You missed a lot while you were gone. I’ll explain later, maybe. Hope to see you soon, anyways. Goodnight, Sora.”
 

She raised a brow and tilted her head slightly as she thought about it. ‘Mm… Maybe it would be fine to meet up with him. It’s been a while, it’s not like it would hurt.’

 

TO: Jongin

22:59

“Neh, maybe I’ll think about it. Goodnight, Jongin.”
 

She sighed as she checked the time. A couple minutes later, she pulled the cookies out of the oven and set them out to cool. Meanwhile she made herself some tea, and pulled up a chair to look out at the decent view of Seoul she had from her dining room. She looked out at the pretty lights, and bustling city. Nobody seemed to sleep around here; there were always people on the streets. She missed the city a lot, even if Tokyo was pretty similar. The vibes were… Different. Seoul seemed more bright, and young, while Tokyo seemed more… Serious? Either way, she was glad to be back.

The whistling of the teapot told her that the tea was ready. She took it off the heat, and let it sit for a minute while she put some cookies onto a plate. Then she grabbed a mug and poured herself some tea. She brought the cookies and her tea to the dining room table as she sat down and admired the view. She sat there in silence for a good half hour, before her doorbell rang. She checked the device to see who wanted to see her, and her eyes widened.

 

“... Jongin?!”

 


 

Bet you guys saw that coming. Thank you for reading so far! :) I plan to update soon. Please comment; I like feedback of any kind and it reminds me to update. Anticipate the next chapter!