The End

Broken

Sora was lost. She wandered endlessly in the never-ending maze inside her mind.

Her spirit was broken.

She was broken.

She had someone for a long time, but now without him the world seemed so different.

 

The relationship lasted three years. Three whole years. The best three years of her life. She’d been happy. He made her eyes sparkle, her heart flutter, and her smile brighter than the sun. He made her feel like a queen. He made her feel beautiful, and made sure that he told her everyday so that she wouldn’t forget. He would visit her even when his schedule was jam packed; he’d find a way to meet up with her, and spend even five minutes with her. On tours, he’d call her every night, and they’d talk until they fell asleep. Everyone in the company knew about them. They were the idealistic couple for many idols, even the ones who weren’t allowed to have a relationship yet. Even his group members liked her. They supported their relationship heavily, and even joked with them about marriage and kids. It was like a dream come true. She thought she found her dream guy.

 

But then, everything fell apart.

The fantasy ended.

He was too busy, gone for too long. Too far away. It became too much.

During EXO’s EXO’RDIUM tour, she realized that their relationship had changed. He was gone on tour for four months. She knew this was the downside of dating an idol. She should’ve been used to it by then, but instead that was when it all caught up to her.

She didn’t know why, but she wanted to set him free.

Before the tour started, a couple months even, their relationship had been a bit stale. It became cold, and distanced. He was different towards her.

 

“I made dinner. It’s your favorite~”

“Not hungry.”
 

He’d become so… Icy.

 

“Do you want to go out? It’s been a while. The weather is nice.” She sat down next to him on the couch, and looked at him happily, excited. “There’s a new restaurant we could try…”

He looked at her unamused. “Not interested. I have to be somewhere anyways.”
 

She always thought it was her fault. Maybe she did do something. But why wouldn’t he tell her? What did she do? What happened?
 

“Happy anniversary, Nini~! I got-”

“Stop calling me that. It sounds dumb. It always did. My name is Jongin.”

She stared at him for a second, silent. Brushing it off, she resumed in her cheerful tone.

“Well then, Jongin, here.” She handed him a small box. “I got you something."


He sighed and opened the box. Slowly, his unamused gaze found its way to her. “... A watch?”

She smiled and nodded. “It was my grandfather’s favorite watch. He wore it all the time, and before he passed, he gave it to me to give to someone special.” She explained as she looked at him. “So, I want you to have it.”

He stared at her with that same bored, blank, cold expression. “... A watch?” He repeated.

She raised a brow. “... N-Neh, a very special watch. Just for you.”

He stared at her for a while longer before getting up and throwing the box back into her lap. He headed for the door and put on his shoes.

She sat on the couch, confused as she watched him. “Where are you going, jagi? It’s our night…”  Sadness and disappointment was evident in her voice.

“Out. I’m bored.”

She stared at him in shock as he put on his coat. “... Bored? But we didn’t even get to the fun stuff yet…” She sauntered over and looked up at him, a wide and genuine smile spread across her face. “I still haven’t given you all your gifts yet… Aren’t you curious what they are?”

“Not really.” He said as he gently pushed her away. “Save them for later. Have fun, okay?” He asked with a plastic smile before closing the door in her face.
She sighed and went back to the couch, hoping it was a work call or something that he didn’t want her to know about. Or maybe he was planning something. She sighed and smiled as she sat and watched the movie by herself.

 

Sora was always happy. She was always smiling. Always optimistic. Always supportive, caring, kind. She was desired by many, but there was only one she wanted. Although it didn’t seem he felt the same anymore.

Maybe he didn’t.

Not long after the failed anniversary, she’d caught him with the girl. At first she thought it was nothing, but then she noticed the way he looked at the girl. The sparkle in his eye, the way he smiled at her, how happy he looked… How he used to look when he was with Sora.

It broke her heart, but she knew that this girl could be there for him more than she could. She was an idol as well, anyways. They probably saw each other a lot more, and they’d known each other a lot longer.

 

Sora knew Jongin for four years; dated him for three.

Krystal knew Jongin for ten years- but how long had they been interested in each other?


Then, it happened.

 

"What are you doing?!”

Jongin came home to broken glass, torn pictures, tables knocked over, dishes thrown at the wall, and his clothes and belongings tossed into a pile in the middle of the living room.

He went through the dining room, and turned into the living room to find his girlfriend. There she was: a crying, raging mess as she continued to toss his stuff out of her bedroom.

This was her apartment. She paid the bills. He was leaving, not her.

“Yah!!! Lee Sora, what the are you doing?!”

This time he grabbed her wrists and glared down at her.

“You. Are. Out.”

He raised a brow as she looked up at him with hatred burning in her eyes. For the first time, she saw utter confusion in his chocolate brown gaze. It made her smile. How could he act so innocent at a time like this? Wasn’t it obvious? He really was amazing.

“Out of what?”

“Out of chances. Out of time. Out of my life. Out of my apartment.” She tore her wrists away from his grip as she resumed her tantrum. She opened the drawers to the dresser and threw his delicates out of the room.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

Silence.

“Sora, what is this?”


She’d never been fueled by such fury before. Now she knew what it felt like.

“When were you going to tell me?”

“Tell you what?”

“About Krystal?”

“What about her?”

She laughed. “What about her?” She mocked him. “When were you going to tell me that you didn’t want me anymore? That you found someone else? When were you going to tell me that I wasn’t of your best interest? When were you going to tell me how happy she makes you? How she makes you feel the way I used to make you feel? When were you going to tell me that I make you bored, that you don’t want me anymore? Hmm, Jongin?”

He was silent as he stared at her.

She smiled at him. But this time, it wasn’t a bright smile. It was fake, plastic… Broken.


“That’s what I thought. Take your . Get out. Do not come back. Don’t ever talk to me again.”

 

 


 

Ohhhh, juicy~ 

Hello, and welcome! I'm not sure if this is going to be a short story or a fanfic, but for now, it's just a little something that popped into my mind. I figured why not type it up. 

I hope you enjoyed. :)