Ordinary Day

Ordinary Day

Tiffany took out a piece of the Jenga tower and placed it on the table. She folded her arms to create a pillow for her chin to rest on as Taeyeon took her turn on the game.

Taeyeon carefully removed a piece and ended her turn as she assumed the same position as Tiffany, resting her chin on her arms.

"How were the kids?" Taeyeon asked.

"They missed you," Tiffany said as she took a piece from the Jenga. "But they kept themselves busy. Especially Hyoyeon."

"Oh, yeah, the project. How is it going?"

"Pretty good. I listened to the demo and it's really good."

"How about Sunny?"

"She asked the manager to go to your Taiwan concert but was rejected. She had that promotional event."

"Oh, the watch," Taeyeon nodded. "She was the only one not calling me every two hours. Even Seohyun kept in touch at all times."

"She tried. But she was busy."

It was Taeyeon's turn and she took a piece that shook the tower but it held on.

"They're happy you're back now and with toys," said Tiffany with absolutely no smile on her face.

"You don't seem to agree."

"Well, if you keep bringing home toys it's hard to keep them on schedule, Tae. Before it was PlayStation 4 and they were up two days straight playing Resident Evil. They had nightmares after that and were late twice to their schedules. Then it was the mini foozball and the girls held a competition for a week. And now the mini bike?"

"Don't blame me. I can't leave the presents from the fans, can I? Besides, I like the toys."

Then, Hyoyeon came inside from the dorm door with a pout. "Taeyeon! Sunny keeps hogging the bike!"

"Sunny! Let Hyoyeon play with the bike too!" Taeyeon shouted.

"But she can't even ride it like I do!" Sunny's voice echoed from somewhere along the corridor.

"Sunny!" Taeyeon shouted the name one more time.

"Alright, fine," Sunny said.

"Great! Thanks!" Hyoyeon dashed out of the dorm.

Tiffany took another piece of the Jenga. "Oh, my, I am so good with my hands, I could have been a surgeon."

"Pssh, it's cause I leave you alone so frequently that you are overly familiar with your hands," Taeyeon said with a smirk.

"Oh!" Tiffany was insulted. "Excuse me. It was not like I had nothing to do when you were away."

"I know. I have your schedule with me. It was a joke."

"No. I mean it. I was busy doing something else with someone else while you were away."

Taeyeon froze and her eyes grew so wide. "No, you didn't."

"I sure did."

"Stephanie Hwang Miyoung if you do not take that back I am going to start destroying things."

"Like what?"

"Like...," Taeyeon looked around for something to break but settled on the Jenga. "This," she pushed the Jenga with her finger and the tower crumbled.

"Hey! I was winning!"

"Stop playing with me!"

"Fine," Tiffany smiled. "I'm sorry."

"Don't do that...," Taeyeon sighed. "Don't do stuff that could give me a heart attack."

"Right. Sorry," Tiffany smiled so wide her eye smiles popped up. "You love me so much."

"Shut up. How would you feel if I tell you I fooled around with my dancers on tour?"

"I know. I'm sorry," said Tiffany.

Sunny entered the dorm with a bla k face and she hesitated. "Um...."

"What?" Tiffany asked.

"Hyoyeon rode the bike down the stairs and she crashed into a window," said Sunny.

"Oh, dear," Tiffany rubbed her temple.

"I got it," Taeyeon stood up and walked to the door. "Lead the way, Sunny."

Sunny walked ahead of Taeyeon.

"Wait," said Tiffany. "Did you really? Really fooled around with your dancers?"

Taeyeon burst into a laugh. "See? You understand now how it feels when you joke about something like that."

"Right," Tiffany held up her arms. "I'm sorry. You're right. Now go save our kid."

Taeyeon smiled. "Love you."

"You too," Tiffany returned the smile and let Taeyeon go.

It was just another ordinary day at the dorm.