Drabble 7: That scares me

Drabble 7: That scares me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Seeing someone each day

Staying up all night together

With late cigarettes between our lips

 

 

Minho enters the clandestine shop with his palms sweating. It’s raining today, and its cold, but his palms chose to sweat nonetheless. Nervous. He’s still nervous, even after all this time. He shrugs the water off of his leather jacket and steps inside, eyes shifting from corner to corner of the small space. On the end of the furthest counter is Taehyun, hands wrapped around an olive-colored mug, eyes focused on the glass cupboards, seemingly drowning in his own thoughts.

Minho’s been drowned in his own thoughts as well. For the past few days. After the rustle of overflowing time sets and schedules has calmed down, he was left with nothing but his thoughts from yesterday.

 

 

You are lonely like I am

With something that can’t be fulfilled

An empty space

 

 

He sits beside him slowly, noticing the little movement Taehyun’s head did when he felt his presence. Minho points at something in the menu when the attendant asks for his order, not really caring what it is as long as they are to be left alone.

Then he let a small sigh escape.

But both of them remained silent.

 

 

We’ve come too far

I don’t think we can go back

That scares me

 

 

There’s something mesmerizing and holy between the unspoken words clinging in the air between them. Much like hidden stars or lost ships or the first dews in early morning – you can’t really see it but it sparks adoration and sometimes the only thing one can hold onto – hope. Hope is troublesome, it hinders you from knowing when to give up, or if you should give up.

As Minho finally gazes at Taehyun through long lashes – both of them can admit that it’s something brazen yet subtle, akin to secrets exchanged in the darkness and believed with doubtful certainty. Buried in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter