Chapter 3

One Saturday Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aaah! How can I get you off my mind?!" Tzuyu screamed inside her room.

Sana had called her a lot of times for three straight days. She went to Tzuyu's house and talked to her mom. Tzuyu told her mom to make up any excuse whenever Sana looked for her. 23 messages and 16 missed calls, her phone's screen displayed. "Maybe I need a week or two to get over her." she thought.

 

Sana

"Oh, sorry. I asked her to run an errand for me. I'll just tell her you're looking for her." Tzuyu's mom said.

"Thank you, Ms. Chou. We haven't talk for a couple of days now. I think she's avoiding me. Please talk to her." teary-eyed Sana said.

Sana knows that Tzuyu's inside. She was standing at her bedroom window when Tzuyu rang the doorbell to their house wearing her school uniform. But she didn't push it because she respects Tzuyu and her mother so much.

"I will, don't worry." the woman said.

She reached for her phone and started typing a message. "Tzuyu, please talk to me. If it's about what happened between us in my room, forget it. It's okay.. I let you do it, I let it happen. You didn't do anything wrong. I miss you and please stop avoiding me cause it's tearing me apart." she sent it twice.

 

Tzuyu

She locked her room before opening Sana's 12th text that she had sent at that day. She put her phone on her bed feeling her world shattered. Her heart hurts so much whenever she remember Sana. She hit her chest with her clenched fist then clutched her chest, tears rolled down her face.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Tzuyu said with a sob.

A knock on the door made her wipe her tears quickly.

"Tzuyu, can I come in?" her mom asked.

She produced a cough sound to make her voice not sound like she just cried. "Yes." she responded.

Her mom opened the door and looked at her with worry. "Hey, are you okay?" she sat beside her.

Tzuyu nodded her head slightly. "Never been this happy in my life."

"Um, Sana was looking for you. I told her you went out. So, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just don't feel like going out." Tzuyu stood up and leaned against the wall close to the door.

"She said you're avoiding her. You know what? You're not good at lying." 

Tzuyu crossed her arms over her chest like something's hurting hurt and she's about to cry. "I'm scared."

"Of what?" her mother queried.

She sat beside her mom again. "I'm scared of this." she pointed to her heart. "I'm scared cause I think I'm in love with her."

"Don't be.. Love shouldn't make you feel scared. It should make you happy and inspired. Why do you feel that way?"

"Because I'm her closest friend here in Korea and I think I'm going to fail her if I feel something more. I don't want us to feel awkward. I love to be by her side always."

Her mom smiled at her. "I'm sure Sana's gonna understand you if you tell her. She's an amazing girl and I can tell that you're important to her. Don't be scared to fall in love, it's part of our life. It'll teach you so much. I promise. It's still your decision whether you want her to know what you feel or not, it's up to you."

"I'll go to the park and think." she said. Tzuyu embraced her mother into a tight hug.

The park where she and Sana always take a stroll is always crowded with children and their parents. There are two swing sets, a seesaw, jungle gym and a slide. They both love seeing kids playing as they are fond of them. Tzuyu sat down on the bench opposite the playground. She remembered being with Sana every sunset to watch the cute little guys and girls.

"Should I tell her?" she thought to herself.

A voice that she really missed interrupted her thought. "Why are you avoidin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter