Final

Deaf Butterfly // Bobhwan Fluff One Shot

"You have something in your hair." Bobby signed to his deaf boyfriend, squinting his eyes to try and figure out what it was before giving up; "I have no clue as to what it is, but would you like me to get it out?" He continued. The other nodded.

"Woah, it's a butterfly!" Jiwon said, the other boy poked him and sighed. He realized his mistake and went back to the other's eye level. He signed that it was a tiny butterfly. 

     Jinhwan started flipping out. His hands moving too fast for Jiwon to decipher what he was saying, especially considering that Jiwon was still a novice at sign language. Jiwon grabbed his boyfriend's shoulders and signed what was the problem and Jinhwan started asking the other if the butterfly was white with a purple dot. 

"I don't remember, it was white, I don't know about the purple." Jiwon signed.

"Damn it," Jinhwan started to look around. He turned back to Bobby, who was just as confused as before. "Look for it, will you?" 

"Why am I looking for a butterfly?" Jiwon mumbled to himself, knowing that the other couldn't hear him. He stood on the bench that the couple was just sitting on. He started saying Jinhwan's name before realizing that the elder couldn't hear him. He was still new to this whole 'dating-a-deaf-guy' thing, but he was doing pretty good considering that he was almost fluent in the language after only about a month. Determination. Jiwon poked the other and signed that the butterfly was on one of the many branches of the tree that stood tall next to the bench. They were in a park after all, so it might not have been the correct butterfly, but he tried. That's what counts.

     Jinhwan told Bobby to carefully put the creature in his hands, which Bobby attempted, but couldn't reach the branch.

"Why don't you try to get it." Bobby signed; offering the bench for the other to stand on.

"I'm like ten feet shorter than you." Jinhwan air laughed and Bobby could feel the sarcasm and disappointment ooze from just the simple hand gestures. Jiwon told the other to get on his back, Jinhwan reached forward, shaking from the fact that he was on someone's shoulders, and that his life basically depended on Bobby's upper body strength. Then he thought of his boyfriend's abs and his tension eased. The butterfly flew to the familiar face of Jinhwan and landed on his finger. Jinhwan cupped the creature in his hands and climbed down his boyfriend. 

     The couple sat back down on the woodly rustic bench and Jinhwan passed the butterfly to Bobby, who held the thing in his hands as if he would be killed if he let go, which might be true. Jinhwan pulled out a plastic container with holes cut out at the top. He signed for Bobby to put the butterfly in there. He did. After a couple minutes of breathing, Bobby started to sign.

"Mr. Kim, what is your relation to that butterfly?" Jiwon bunny smiled. Jinhwan air laughed again, cracking a beautiful smile, with tiny dimple forming, making Bobby fall in love all over again. That smile brought him back. Brought him back to why he decided to put in the effort most wouldn't. To learn a new language and get used to not talking. Instead of hearing words of reassurance and 'I love you's, he saw them. In Bobby's opinion, that was better. More beautiful, even. Next thing Jiwon saw was his lover's hands shaking and waving in front of his face. He must have zoned out thinking about Jinhwan.

"I'm sorry, what?" 

"I said that we should get going back to my place." Jinhwan answered.

"I thought you would explain why you are in love with that butterfly."

"You will see when we get there."

     Jiwon has only been to Jinhwan's apartment once or twice. It wasn't that the space was small or anything. It was just that Bobby felt more comfortable at he and Hanbin's, and Jinhwan believed that he had already pushed Jiwon out of his comfort zone enough times in this relationship. Jinhwan unlocked the door and guided him to his room. 

"I don't understand why this will; wait." Bobby started to sign before stopping. he took a look at the room, there were butterfly stickers stuck to the wall which reminded himself of a little girl's room. Then he saw it. This grown man had a miniature butterfly farm in his room. Jinhwan set the white (with a speck of purple) butterfly in the farm with the others. Jiwon realized that they all looked alike. Not only did this man have a butterfly farm, but he had a family of butterflies.

"That little guy is just going through his teenage years. You know, rebellion and stuff." Jinhwan described the butterfly that they spent oh-so-long hunting for earlier in the day. Jiwon felt a tear fall. This Jinhwan character is just so adorable.