Attention

Attention

Mina opened her locker frustratedly, trying to ignore her pesky friends behind her.

 

“Come on Mina just admit you like Ji Hyun.” Yoojung teased.

 

Chaeyeon clicked her tongue at the comment. “They’re already past like, they’re practically dating.”

 

“Oh yeah you’re right remember that time she bought all of Mina’s favorite foods just for not walking her home.” Doyeon chimed in.

 

“Or the time they had a whole Harry Potter marathon.” Pinky added. Mina slammed her locker shut making the girls go quiet.

 

“Yah we are not dating nor will we ever be, so stop talking about it.” The girls only snickered as Mina walked away from the her group of friends. “Do you think she knows she’s wearing Ji Hyun’s jacket?” Pinky asked, nudging Chaeyeon.

 

“Let’s let her figure it out herself.” Chaeyeon laughed

 

----------

 

“Mina wait up.” Mina’s walking sped at the sound of the voice. She stopped defeatedly as she heard Ji Hyun’s skateboard wheels rolling on the pavement.

 

Mina turned to the older girl, studying her attire before speaking. “What is it?”

 

“Nothing I just wanted to walk you home, nice jacket by the way.” Ji Hyun smiled as she grabbed the younger’s hand. A part of her wanted to pulled away, while a bigger part of her didn’t.

 

Neither said as they made their way to Mina’s house. They’d somehow gotten closer as Mina pulled herself into Ji Hyun’s side. The moment was ruined as they were not even two feet away from Mina’s door step.

 

Everyone knew Ji Hyun was somewhat of a flirt. Though it didn’t matter because Mina had seemed to claim Ji Hyun’s heart the first day she’d ever seen her. Everyone knew but that hadn’t stopped some people from attempting to capture the older girl’s heart. Mina claimed she didn’t mind using the excuse of their non existent relationship. But she couldn’t deny that she felt jealous when it happened. Or even worse when Ji Hyun gives them any sort of attention back.

 

Which would explain why she’d snatched her hand away from a coy Ji Hyun. “Oh by the way,” Ji Hyun started making Mina turn just as she was about to enter her house. “I was wondering if you were busy anytime next week.”

 

Mina nodded. “Yes I’m going to be extremely busy next week, maybe even weeks after that.” She lied before entering her house rather abruptly. She sighed as she took off her Ji Hyun’s jacket only to shriek in realisation of Ji Hyun’s comment earlier

 

-------

 

Mina had rolled her eyes in frustration as she got to her locker. She’d tried to ignore the stares she’d been getting since yesterday afternoon. It was now Tuesday and she was very confused. She turned to the presence behind her.  “Do either of you three know why half the school is acting strange?” She

 

“It’s because Ji Hyun’s not with you.” Pinky said as she joined the group.

 

Mina shrugged not getting her point. “So?”

 

“So, people are starting to think you guys broke up.” Chaeyeon added. Mina grit her teeth. “Yah we are not-”

 

“And some people have said they’ve seen her with at least four other girls already.” Doyepn chimed in making Mina freeze. Four? She didn’t want to believe it but that would explain why he hadn’t seen the girl. She shook her head, trying not to think too much about it. Why should it matter to her anyway?

 

-------

 

She misses her that’s why. It was Friday and she hasn’t seen Ji Hyun all week. She missed having someone to walk her home. She missed the lingering feeling she’d have after releasing their intertwined fingers. She missed the scent of mint that she could smell every time she kissed her cheek. She missed Ji Hyun, and finally she realized she couldn’t make that sound platonic at all.

 

“Look at her she’s miserable.” She heard Doyeon whisper.

 

“I still think we should tell her.” Yoojung said.

 

Mina ran a hand through her hand, wondering why she invited them over. “Tell me what?” Mina asked making her friends smile at her sheepishly.

 

“It’s just that Ji Hyun has been posting selfies at that bakery you two like so much.” Yoojung said pointing to her phone. Pinky nudged the girl who seemed to be leaving out a piece of information. “And she’s with some girl.” Yoojung added hesitantly.

 

Mina stood from her couch abruptly. That was the last straw. Ji Hyun promised to never take anyone else there. She grabbed her Ji Hyun’s  jacket before leaving her friends.

 

“Do you think we should go after her.” Doyeon asked slightly frightened.

 

“Give it twenty minutes, if we her police sirens then we’ll go for sure.”

 

------

 

Mina huffed at the sight of Ji Hyun smiling at some other girl. She contemplated whether she should go inside or just turn the other way. Her decision was made as she saw the unknown girl brush against Ji Hyun rather intentionally.

 

“Yah Choi Ji Hyun.” Mina said as she made her way to the girls table. “Hey Mina.” Ji Hyun greeted.

 

“Is this what you do when I’m not around, go on dates with other girls?”

 

“Ah Mina it’s not what you think.” Ji Hyun

 

“Save it and you,” She said pointing to the other girl. “Stay away from my woman.” She said before pulling Ji Hyun out of the bakery.

 

“Mina wait it was just a misunderstanding.” Ji Hyun said making Mina stop. “What am I misunderstanding then Ji Hyun?” Mina asked impatiently.

 

“That girl..was someone I was tutoring.” Ji Hyun explained. Mina felt her face flush at her words. “Oh so you guys weren’t on a date?” She asked sheepishly.

 

Ji Hyun shook her head with a smirk. “Of course not you know you know you’re the only one who has my heart.”

 

Mina reached up pressing a light kiss on Ji Hyun’s lips. “Good because you’re mine.”