AC - Chapter 1

American Creeps

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoy this...thing that I've started and I hope you like the idea. I think it came to me when I started History but I dismissed it because it didn't seem appealing but now it's back - after spending months on my laptop.
BOLD = SPEAKING IN KOREAN
And that when Key speaks and it's not bold then he's speaking English. Why? Because he knows the language.


“Finally, we’re here!” A jetlagged Jaejoong exclaimed as he dragged his bag out from the car, that had escorted them from the airport. The others just looked at him quietly, judging him from head to toe. He looked horrible, the plane and car ride hadn’t been good on him. His hair was everywhere and you could see him discreetly try to pat it down. As well as that his clothes were rumpled and wrinkled, his trousers had various stains from various drinks which various erted males and females had accidently spilled on him; too lost in his beauty.
"Is something wrong Karam? You look reallly..." Jaejoong trails off his sentence at the look on Karam's face.

 

“I don’t know hyung.” Karam replied icily,

What got into him, he is usually very nice. Heechul thought, a frown marring his perfect (in his mind) features.

“Why don’t you ask Heechul hyung?!” The boy continued almost hysterically.

Karam wasn’t in a better state than Jaejoong. None of them were.

 

“Me!” Heechul pointed himself, and indignant expression on his face, “What did I do?” Karam glares at him and continues lugging his luggage to where Jaejoong hyung had told him to, before turning and going back to the car to collect more. “Seriously,” Heechul called after him, “What did I do? Jae, I think your clone is pissed at me.” Jaejoong just shook his head at Heechul obviously faux innocence.

 

“You know exactly what you did.” Key reprimanded, his affiliation for younger children showing.

 

“You’re so protective,” Baekhyun announces, “My feet are going to get dirty.” He stares disapprovingly at the forest ground – as if it had, somehow, personally offended him.

 

(How? I don’t know.)

 

“And I can see that you’re going to be a pain. Aish, why did three divas should join this trip. I honestly don’t understand how you guys have fans.” Jaejoong replied – his voice as calm and motherly as ever.

The three furrow their eyebrows at the insult, and as if having salt rubbed into their open wounds, they hear Karam snickering in the background – as he brings out the last of the luggage.

 

“So that’s all then?” Their driver asks, his voice carrying an obvious American accent – “Don’t need anything else do ya?” He leered at them and Key professionally answered back that no, they didn’t need anything else and would contact their company (“A very prestigious and famous music entertainment company called SM and Karam’s company Xing Entertainment. We will put in a good word for you.”) to tell them about him – maybe it would get him more business.

At this the cabbie stopped eyeing them like they were some disease (probably because we’re wearing makeup, Karam couldn’t help but think,) and wished them a good day before speeding down the path they had just travelled.

 

“To be honest –” Baekhyun finally broke the awkward silence that settled a few minutes after the cabbie left.

 

“Honestly, can you not keep quiet.” Heechul hissed, his eyes darting around the clearing they were dropped off in. Now realising that they were literally in the middle of nowhere.

 

“– I really don’t understand why we’re staying here. Where even are we?” Baekhyun glared at Heechul and continued speaking.

 

“We should be picked up soon, and after this clearing its private property – we just have to wait here for a while. According to our managers, the owner said it would be safe here.” Jaejoong casually looked at his watch.

 

“Are you sure hyung?” Baekhyun looked around, before trying to distract himself, “Hyung didn’t you say you were going to dye your hair – when are you?”

 

“My hair?” Jae looks confused before understanding what Baekhyun was asking, “I’m getting it dyed here, our stylists and the others should be here in a few days.” He then takes out his phone and glances at it briefly before putting it away.

 

***

“Hyung!” Karam whined his eyes looking at Jaejoong desperately and his pout manifesting on his face. “I’m hungry, and cold and tired. When are we being picked up?”

 

“Karam,” Jaejoong sighed, “I literally called the owner 5 minutes ago – he said he or someone else will come collect us soon. Just be patient.”

 

Karam looked at Jaejoong as if he’s just told him to shut up. He, too, sighed before cramming his hands in his pockets, slouching forward and just generally giving off a very unpleasant posture. Karam allowed his eyes to wander, periodically landing on the figures of his hyung’s. Jaejoong looked at home and relaxed, leaning against some suitcases and scrolling through something on his phone.

Probably Instagram…I heard a lot of idols have it.

Key, as he’d been demanded to call him, was looking around the forestry area – his posture tense as his eyes lingered on some of the darker areas.

Maybe he’s scared, Karam thought his eyes wandering to Baekhyun hyung who was…. applying eyeliner.

Just like usual. His eyes rolled at the sight.

He too started untensing and relaxing – completely ignoring Key’s tense figure and he felt his eyelids closing.

I hope they don’t leave me behind he-

 

They all snapped their heads towards the rustling coming from in front of them. Their postures tense and wracked with fear – even Karam who’d just been falling asleep a few minutes ago.

“Who’s there?” Baekhyun questioned, as he raised him arms a bit and balanced his weight equally between his two feet. His hapkido training coming back to him, he’s body subconsciously reacting to the threat of danger.

More rustling and Jaejoong could feel his stomach-turning upside down with worry.

 

A muffled voice came from the bushes and Baekhyun relaxed with posture and Karam came out from hiding behind Jaejoong. Heechul looked up from his phone.

 

“What the hell is going on? Why do you all look so relieved?” He tucked his phone into his pocket before walking towards Baekhyun – “Are you okay?”

 

“The first person you ask is Baekhyun,” Everyone could hear Key’s eyebrow raising at the statement, “who is trained in hapkido since he was a kid?” They could also hear the amusement and teasing note.

 

They turned their attention back to the bushes as a few people emerged from them.

One of them – a tall man, probably about 6” – came up to them. Wiping off imaginary dust from his body.

 

“Hello,” he held out his hand to Jaejoong, who was clearly the only one who knew who the man was, “My name is Forest. It’s great to have you stay with us.”

 


So I hope you enjoyed that - is it just me who thinks that the font size is too big and takes away from the story? It probably is just me.
I know not much went on in the chapter and it will probably just be a few more fillers for the next chapters (which I could fit into this one chapter but I'm too lazy) sorry. Also I know this is really short - I apologise. I do not know if all the chapters are going to be this short as I haven't typed them up yet but I'm sure they will be longer that like 1000 words - which this chapter is.

Welp, I've been rambling. Anyways I'll see you guys next chapter whenever that is.
(Also I have been working on Chapter 8)