Fin

I can't let go

"Everyone we are gonna wish Kim Seokjin a happy birthday today! Please come here in the front Seokjin." Miss Choi exclaimed happily while standing in the student assembly of the kindergarten. The classmates of the said student pushed him to the front, almost making him tumble on the way.

 

"Ready ? On the count of three, we'll all start singing together."

 

"Ready Miss Choi!" All the students shouted back happily. Kim Seokjin might not have a lot of friends as he still was new to the school, but everyone took a liking towards the shy kid.

 

"One. Two. Seokjin ah what's the matter, sweetheart?" Miss Choi stopped to look at the small kid beside her who suddenly let out a sob. 

 

"Hey, is everything okay? Are you feeling sick?" She crouched down beside the kid and held his chin to look at his eyes which were now swarming with tears. Seokjin nodded his head in denial.

 

"I'm scared, teacher." The boy managed to say while trying to swipe his eyes with the back of his shirt sleeve. 

 

"Didn't they wish birthdays like this in your previous school Seokjin?" Miss Choi asked the shy boy with concern in her eyes. If this was his first time getting birthday wishes from every one in the school, the kid would be really scared. 

 

"No we just wrote happy birthday and put them on the wall for the birthday boy in the class." Seokjin replied with tears in his eyes. Miss Choi got up from the ground and turned to her students. 

 

"Can someone come up here and hold Seokjin's hand while we are singing? He might feel lonely standing here all alone." Miss Choi spotted a boy in one class below Seokjin's who raised his hands without hesitating for a second.

 

"Kim Taehyung, come up here." Miss Choi quirked an eyebrow at the boy who grinned at her, almost running to the front to stand beside Seokjin.

 

"Hey, Jin! I'm Tae." The younger of the boys muttered close to Jin's ears as he gripped onto the others hand. 

 

"Hey, Tae. It's nice to meet you." Jin sniffled and looked at the boy beside him. Taehyung scooted closer to Seokjin and whispered in his ear. 

 

"Don't worry Jinnie. I know how bad it is when mum has to leave me alone in house, it feels so scary. But I am here now, so you won't feel alone." Taehyung flashed a blinding boxy smile towards Seokjin. 


Seokjin's wiped his eyes with the back of his sleeves. He squeezed the other boy's hand and uttered in a low tone.

 

"Promise?"

 

"Promise." Both of them smiled at each other.

 

"Okay, everyone ready? One! Two! Three!" Miss Choi exclaimed happily after seeing the boys talking to each other.

 

" Happy birthday Kim Seokjiinnn, Happy birthday to you!" Everyone clapped loudly. Seokjin smiled at them and turned to the grinning boy beside him.

 

"Should we bow towards them?" 

 

~

 

"Noo! Seokjinnie what are you saying? We are supposed to bow at the end of the performance. Like we always did at the end of rehearsel." Taehyung looked with concerned eyes at Jin while testing their microphones. 

 

"Yeah right. I'm​ feeling so nervous I kinda forgot." Jin bowed his head to avoid eye contact with Taehyung. He really didn't want Taehyung to know how nervous was he right now. Because his sweet boyfriend might ditch all his duties just to make sure Jin was okay.

 

Taehyung looked at Seokjin with the corners of his eyes. He could almost feel Jin tensing up as every minutes passed. Taehyung turned around to find Jimin. He needed to get the work done at least.

 

"Yah Chim Chim! Can you please do the microphone testing for me buddy? " He waved at the boy standing near the entrance of the school auditorium.

 

"Sure! I'll be there in a sec." Jimin waved back at him.

 

The orange haired boy literally run from the back of the audience to stage and started the testing. Taehyung then went to Seokjin who was nervously fidgeting on his spot.

 

Taehyung hugged him from the back, wrapping his wrists around Jin's waist, almost buring his head in the crook of Jin's neck. He started making patterns on Jin's tummy to calm him down.

 

"Hey, don't worry so much baby. Everything is gonna be fine. We'll blow away every one with our duet! " Taehyung looked up to meet Jin's eyes , only to find Jin staring back at him intensly. 

 

"Is everything okay?" Taehyung titled his head and his boyfriend's chin.

 

"I was just wondering what did I ever do to deserve such a wonderful guy like you." Jin smiled at him.

 

"Well.. to be honest, you cried on your first week in kintergarden just to hold my hand." Taehyung smirked while explaining it dramatically.

 

"Yah!" Jin flicked Taehyung's forehead while he just chukled at the embarrassed Jin. Taehyung brought his hand to Jin's to link their fingers together and kissed the back of his palm.

 

He looked at Jin's watch and his eyes widened.

 

"Performance starts in five minutes. We are the opening act so we gotta hustle." Taehyung gasped. They both took their positions for their duet and looked at the other with a smile on their lips. Still holding onto each other's hand.

"Ready?"

~


"Yes. You can start now." Jin looked over to the officiator of their wedding as he stood at the alter with the love of his life.

 

"We all have gathered here today to.." Jin looked at Taehyung who suddenly linked their hands and squeezed his hands.

 

"Seokjin-ah, breath." 

 

"You look so stunning in a tuxedo that I keep getting breathless." Taehyung smiled at me and pulled me closer to him. 

 

"Says the handsomest guy ever. Ever wonder how I might feel seeing you in a suit? I swear I'm the one whose suffering the most here! " Jin started chuckling at his fiance's words.

 

"And how may I take away your suffering Tae?" 

 

"There's huge list of things you can do after we get married. But since we haven't gotten to the vows yet, just hold my hand and never let me go. And after the vows, kiss me breathless." Taehyung said while staring at me lovingly.

 

"Excuse me, can I just do the part where I kiss my groom twice?" Jin looked at the officiator for approval. "Go for it."

 

"I won't ever let go of you Tae. I love you more than anything." Jin muttered against Taehyung's lips and leaned in to kiss him breathless. 

 

 

A/N: Enjoy! And please leave comments or I am gonna start writing angsty fics *evil laughs*